GDT - Devils @ Canadiens 12/14/17

NJDfan1711

Made the last gameday thread and we won, hoping to keep it going tonight. Gonna be a real tough test, Hall out tonight, and still no Johansson or Palmieri.   Schneider confirmed for tonight, so I assume we'll see Kinkaid tomorrow.  

This is gonna be a true test of having to dig deep and see some production from all of our lines tonight.  I have a bad suspicion that we got all of our scoring out of the way last game with 5 goals, and with 3 of our top forwards missing we could easily be blanked on the scoresheet tonight, but I hope I'm wrong.

Tonight would be an opportune time for our defense to pitch in and pot a goal or two.  I'm calling for Moore to get one.

Let's Go Devils.

• Like 3

Montreal was hot pretty recently, but they've cooled off a bit.  5-3-2 in their last 10 and we're 5-4-1 in ours.  They're coming off a long break, haven't played since Saturday.  Let's hope they're rusty and it takes them a period or two to get anything going. By then it'll be too late, and we'll already be up 4-0 again :D

Let's give Dano another excuse to call a goal "greasy", I believe its like 5 games (that we've scored in) in a row now. 

If Zacha was looking for a good time to step up, here it is.

Wouldn't mind seeing Hischier take more of a lead role as well. Not saying anything negative about him, but its clear that Hall is QB1 on that line, and I would like to see Nico jump into that role if only for the night. 

Montreal is a stupid place that can't figure out they aren't French. 

LGD. 

P.S. agree with Martyisth3b3est, fvck Price. 

c51424759ef45c52391afb071901fe46--funny-

• Like 1

LGD! 

EDIT: Was just thinking how NJ is lucky to have Boyle now with Henrique gone. Tonight would be a textbook game for Henrique to step up and I don't think he got credit for his well rounded O/D games. Boyle seems like he can be the type that leads by example. Boyle, Zajac, Greene are the guys I am expecting to rally the troops. The young kids will have to step up tonight.

Make the most of it Zacha.

EDIT2: I expect Gibby to get on the board as well.

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Let's give Dano another excuse to call a goal "greasy", I believe its like 5 games (that we've scored in) in a row now. 

Wouldn't mind seeing Hischier take more of a lead role as well. Not saying anything negative about him, but its clear that Hall is QB1 on that line, and I would like to see Nico jump into that role if only for the night. 

LGD. 

c51424759ef45c52391afb071901fe46--funny-

Dano is the newest Trailer Park Boy.

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Don't forget: fvck Cary Price. 

Slash him behind the pads, run him frequently. Make his night miserable and make him hurt.

fvcking bitch.

Wonder how much longer it will be before the Devils get some respect from the officials (assuming they don't acquire Crosby and swap out their NJ logo for a Penguin).  I hate to be that guy, but man the number of calls that they either don't make or get wrong against the Devils...

Yeah, fvck Price and make sure there's sand involved. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Wonder how much longer it will be before the Devils get some respect from the officials (assuming they don't acquire Crosby and swap out their NJ logo for a Penguin).  I hate to be that guy, but man the number of calls that they either don't make or get wrong against the Devils...

Yeah, fvck Price and make sure there's sand involved. 

That sounds unpleasant for all involved. I like it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

LGD. 

AS long as Dano stops saying PP goals. 

LGD!!!  :evil: 

Lappin's on Boyle's line since they play together during the summers (per AG). Sounds like they may switch the lines around during the game, need be: 

Per John Hynes on tonight's lines, "We'll probably start Nick (Lappin) with (Brian) Boyle and (Jimmy) Hayes and tinker around with who plays with (Nico) Hischier and (Jesper) Bratt." Drew Stafford skated with rookies yesterday at practice, Hynes said he may see some time there.