NFL Week 15

The Thursday nighter was the highly anticipated matchup of the 4-9 Broncos and the 3-10 Colts. Broncos take it 25-13. The key here was Siemian got hurt. Osweiler came in and played well. Not sure how to feel about the team showing a pulse late in the year and out of it.

54 minutes ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

The Thursday nighter was the highly anticipated matchup of the 4-9 Broncos and the 3-10 Colts. Broncos take it 25-13. The key here was Siemian got hurt. Osweiler came in and played well. Not sure how to feel about the team showing a pulse late in the year and out of it.

I don't think your current coach is the answer. Probably won't move on from him after year 1 but I'd be in the market for somebody better. They need to find their QB of the future in the offseason though...whoever it may be. Elways doesn't have much tolerance or patience for what's gone on most of this year. Denver will dig out of this quickly.

13 minutes ago, '7' said:

I don't think your current coach is the answer. Probably won't move on from him after year 1 but I'd be in the market for somebody better. They need to find their QB of the future in the offseason though...whoever it may be. Elways doesn't have much tolerance or patience for what's gone on most of this year. Denver will dig out of this quickly.

Sounds like Joseph be back next year, since the last couple of games have shown the team hasn't quit on him. I'm certainly not sold on him either but I guess it is hard to totally evaluate without a QB. Elway better get him a QB in the offseason and assuming that happens the heat will be on and he will be on a pretty short leash and he is going to have to win to keep his job. 

that game was so unappealing last night I pushed up my annual gift from my GF to see Star Wars from Saturday to Thursday night (plus I kinda need to see San Diego and KC on Sat night since both my money league teams have Hunt, Gordon and the SD defense.....as well as one with Rivers....there was no way I was paying attention to the movie with that much on the line :lol: ) .....glad to see I missed NOTHING last night!

7 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

They still have Paxton Lynch which is an issue since they traded up to get him in the first round and are gonna want to justify that sooner or later.  He was pretty much Hackenberg till they finally played him, then he got hurt inside a half.

They have a fair amount invested in Lynch and I do think it is too soon to give up on him but yeesh. He couldn't beat out Trevor Siemian for the QB job in training camp, didn't seem to show much in practice, when he finally got a start he looked lost against a poor pass defense and then got hurt, cried (literally) and then after the game said he played pretty well. 

Edited by Antiquated Colorado Rockie

On 12/15/2017 at 2:34 PM, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

They have a fair amount invested in Lynch and I do think it is too soon to give up on him but yeesh. He couldn't beat out Trevor Siemian for the QB job in training camp, didn't seem to show much in practice, when he finally got a start he looked lost against a poor pass defense and then got hurt, cried (literally) and then after the game said he played pretty well. 

I think the trend is moving towards taking a QB at every opportunity possible, after we’ve seen the Browns continue to procrastinate and continue to literally never win.  So as long as the Broncos like the QB that’s available, that’s who they’re taking.

Puppet's D getting torched for the second week in a row...go ahead, hire him to be your HC and see how it works out for ya.  Gonna be up to Brady and the O to keep them in the game.  Not like he doesn't know what that's like.

I'm surprised Pitt is just running that Madden 93 HB off tackle play over and over. Patricia isn't sniffing it out and Belichick should probably be taking the reigns more in terms of this game

Big loss for Pitt with Antonio Brown. If this is big it could be a mortal blow for them. N.E. also had Burkhead go down but the Patriots generally plug holes a lot better than anybody else

Pitt has no clue how to stop Gronkowski. He is manhandling their secondary. 

53 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Puppet's D getting torched for the second week in a row...go ahead, hire him to be your HC and see how it works out for ya.  Gonna be up to Brady and the O to keep them in the game.  Not like he doesn't know what that's like.

No cameras, no defense..  those last two SBs were gifted by satan himself

NE has been overcoming Puppet for years.  Having a QB who finds ways to produce with any personnel has always helped to hide him...that, and some baffling opposition coaching in SB games.

16 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

What a joke. That was a fvcking catch and a TD. The Pats benefit from a horrible call from the officials yet again (shocker, right? emoji849.png)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol I literally was turning the game on and off between watching this Billy Martin documentary on MLBN, turned it off when the TE had apparently scored for the Steelers, then was shocked to see the final score was 27-24 Pats...scrape by on the railing again due to someone else's stupidity I guess.

Just seeing the replay now, guess the TE got Seferian-Jenkinsed :P  

Edited by NJDevs4978

they once again need to change these ridiculous ruls.. a qb can hold the ball over the goal line and have it knocked out of his hand yet is a TD  but a WR can jump into the endzone, but bobble it after having complete control when he hits the ground.. screw this falling the ground stuff.. do you have control with two feet down or not???  vikes or rams will destroy either of these two

9 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

lol I literally was turning the game on and off between watching this Billy Martin documentary on MLBN, turned it off when the TE had apparently scored for the Steelers, then was shocked to see the final score was 27-24 Pats...scrape by on the railing again due to someone else's stupidity I guess.

Just seeing the replay now, guess the TE got Seferian-Jenkinsed :P  

How is Ben forcing it in there too? You have the FG in your pocket if it's not a sure TD throw it away.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

What a joke. That was a fvcking catch and a TD. The Pats benefit from a horrible call from the officials yet again (shocker, right? emoji849.png)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right call according to the rules, but that doesn't mean that the rules are perfect or shouldn't be re-examined this offseason...it's just so over-the-top nitpicky.  I thought the Steelers made two big mistakes...being too conservative on the previous drive (coaches do this all of the time), and not kicking what should've been a sure FG.  Just throw it out of the endzone on that last play.

Apparently Big Ben wanted to clock it there, but the sideline told him to try to make a play.

• Like 1

And here's another problem MD...on what seems to be too many scoring plays, you don't what to do as a fan...because you don't know if it's going to count or not.  Scoring a TD should be a great moment, full of excitement and emotion...and all of these "nuances as to what constitutes a friggin' CATCH" pauses and reviews is killing a big part of the game.  This has got to be addressed.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And here's another problem MD...on what seems to be too many scoring plays, you don't what to do as a fan...because you don't know if it's going to count or not.  Scoring a TD should be a great moment, full of excitement and emotion...and all of these "nuances as to what constitutes a friggin' CATCH" pauses and reviews is killing a big part of the game.  This has got to be addressed.

Francesa had a good idea which was to go back to not having all touchdowns be reviewed and to go back to requiring a challenge.  That, and I would also go back to giving only 30 seconds of review time.  If the call is not obviously wrong, the call should stand. 

Replay was designed to correct the calls everyone knows are wrong.  It's not meant to catch calls that are off by millimeters or to test the refs' and fans' knowledge of obscure rules on once a season plays. 

• Like 3

Better idea

FIX THE GODDAMN CATCH RULE..... 2 feet + possession of the ball = a DAMNED CATCH

This is what happens when idiots and lawyers need to justify their jobs and make things more difficult than they SHOULD BE

• Like 1