Sign in to follow this  
MB3

GDT: Ducks @ Devils: 12/18/2017 7:000PM

20 mins for bratt, helping palms out on that 1st line

glad I was riding his ass for 2 week LOL.. he put some serious bend in that stick  woot

RECAP

• Sorry Rico.
  • Ever since Noesen got that chance in a top 6 role after Johansson got hurt, he's been a beast.
  • Getting production from everybody is great to see.
  • This team has something going on this year, and it's awesome to see.
  • Just a great win all around.

POSSESSION

• ES CF: 44 to 46
  • ES FF: 40 to 31
  • ES SF: 30 to 22
  • ES SCF: 21 to 21
  • ES HDCF: 6 to 4
  • All CF: 51 to 50
  • All FF: 46 to 35
  • All SF: 34 to 24
  • All SCF: 25 to 23
  • All HDCF: 8 to 4

I’m not saying I cried during his tribute video. But guys I fvcking cried during his tribute video.

• Like 5

boyle 3 points. hes the points monster.. i was ready to ship him out back to his 8 teams before us

15 blocked shots.. hynes-torella

Edited by EdgeControl

1 minute ago, EdgeControl said:

boyle 3 points. hes the points monster.. i was ready to ship him out back to his 8 teams before us

He’s really earning that letter on his chest. 

• Like 1

Huge win - down 3-1, never felt the team was fully done, and while Miller had a rough game - gave up at least 2 bad goals - the Devils continued to get chances.  

Please let this be Stafford's last game as a Devil.  If he's not scoring or even putting the puck on net when he has a chance to, what's he doing here?

It's crazy that Zajac is the Devils' worst forward by points/game so far this season.  He was one of the best last year.  They're getting more luck on the bottom lines but there's also more skill there, I think.  

13 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I’m not saying I cried during his tribute video. But guys I fvcking cried during his tribute video.

Not me. He’s not an All-time great Devil to me, he was here too short of a time and mostly while the team was awful. I suspect it’s a lot of younger guys in this board who have the Henrique love. 

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I am not cutting onions. I am fvcking bawling.

I’m with you. My favorite Devil after John Madden left the team. I was devastated in 94 when the Rangers beat the Devils. Henrique helped erase every bad memory I had of that series.

Just now, Jersey Sure said:

So when Johansson is back would the lines be:

Hall-Nico-Bratt

Mojo-Zacha-Palms

Gibbons-Zajac-Coleman

Wood-Boyle- Noessen

Your words to Hynes ears

1 minute ago, Bonginator11 said:

I’m with you. My favorite Devil after John Madden left the team. I was devastated in 94 when the Rangers beat the Devils. Henrique helped erase every bad memory I had of that series.

I always loved Big Gio, huge heart and effort, and the dude was awesome as hell when I met him in his neighborhood in Rochester after the 04 season

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Not me. He’s not an All-time great Devil to me, he was here too short of a time and mostly while the team was awful. I suspect it’s a lot of younger guys in this board who have the Henrique love. 

Congrats? He was one of the very few who not only enjoyed playing in NJ, he embraced it. He was a proud and loud resident of our state. He was oftentimes the only bright spot on miserable teams. He scored what I would consider the third-biggest goal in franchise history against our bitter rivals. He helped get us there with a clutch goal in 2OT game 7 against Florida. He helped stave off a sweep with a late 3rd period goal against LA.

I’m young, I guess. 26. But not too young to remember the glory years. Adam Henrique has a major, major permanent place in Devils lore. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Congrats? He was one of the very few who not only enjoyed playing in NJ, he embraced it. He was a proud and loud resident of our state. He was oftentimes the only bright spot on miserable teams. He scored what I would consider the third-biggest goal in franchise history against our bitter rivals. He helped get us there with a clutch goal in 2OT game 7 against Florida. He helped stave off a sweep with a late 3rd period goal against LA.

I’m young, I guess. 26. But not too young to remember the glory years. Adam Henrique has a major, major permanent place in Devils lore. 

I guess. 

13 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I am 33 and I couldn’t possibly agree more. I had season tickets in 2012. It was amazing and Henrique was a huge part of it. 

Theres really no debating it. 

• Like 1

Some thoughts from the game. 

1. Idk if it was the Henrique effect or what but the crowd was electric all game long. Every goal, save and missed call was met with enthusiasm. 

2. Noesen is an animal. Can't believe the guy was ever a healthy scratch. 

3. Zacha and Wood played great as a duo but I think the team needs to waive Stafford. I can't remember a guy who misses so many chances. If he's not scoring, he's useless and he hasn't done so in forever. 

4. Henrique scored one of the nicest goals I've ever seen live. Of course it wasn't in one of the dozens of games I saw in a Devils uniform. Happy the fans and team gave him a positive reaction.  He seemed truly touched by the tribute and chants

Edited by Derlique
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I guess. 

On par with the quality of the rest of your posts. You’re nothing if not consistent.

I like Henrique and will continue to cheer for him. My Devils fandom does not prevent me from enjoying the success of certain players and I definitely won't dislike the guy just because he's no longer on the team I root for. Some people just take it to a whole new level of absurd.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I am not cutting onions. I am fvcking bawling.

Jeez get a grip

33 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I like Henrique and will continue to cheer for him. My Devils fandom does not prevent me from enjoying the success of certain players and I definitely won't dislike the guy just because he's no longer on the team I root for. Some people just take it to a whole new level of absurd.

He really seems still attached here. From what I saw AG say on twitter, I wouldn’t be surprised if they signed him to a short-term deal when his current contract expires.

14 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

He really seems still attached here. From what I saw AG say on twitter, I wouldn’t be surprised if they signed him to a short-term deal when his current contract expires.

I’m sure he’ll get used to Southern California in no time...

• Haha 1