That team across the river...

Since1982-83

Of all the Devils fan boards I have visited  --this one is the most intelligent and hockey savvy crowd I have seen.

With the game against that team across the river later this week, in advance of that game, and at this juncture of the season, what kind of a scouting report would many here give that team?

Offensively they're still very much a rush team, they try to create a lot of offense off of mistakes and odd man rushes which is why it always seems their shooting percentage is higher than most. It seemed like last game against them the Devils hung back a little bit to try and slow down New York's counter attack, but I'd like to see us take the opposite approach on Thursday. Their defense is still very much a work in progress, so let's get after them on Thursday, pressure them in deep and force them into some turnovers, a couple weeks ago they had it too easy on the breakout and we need to put stress on their blue line if we want to come out on top.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

Offensively they're still very much a rush team, they try to create a lot of offense off of mistakes and odd man rushes which is why it always seems their shooting percentage is higher than most. It seemed like last game against them the Devils hung back a little bit to try and slow down New York's counter attack, but I'd like to see us take the opposite approach on Thursday. Their defense is still very much a work in progress, so let's get after them on Thursday, pressure them in deep and force them into some turnovers, a couple weeks ago they had it too easy on the breakout and we need to put stress on their blue line if we want to come out on top.

How do you feel about spending the dough on Shattenkirk and seeing him not even used on the first defensive pairing? 

42 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Rangers suck.

No. They don't just suck. They actually bring sucking up to a whole new level.

Was doing some Christmas shopping earlier today at a Barnes & Noble and decided to leaf through Sean Avery's new book. The bitch that he is continues to hammer away at Marty in many of the pages and states that he continually insulted Marty on the ice basically telling Marty what a degenerate and a disgrace he was for leaving his wife and eventually marrying his sister-in-law. He also says that he would skate by Marty and ask him where his wife was in the stands so he could blow a kiss to her. All these years later I still find myself getting angry that not a single Devils player ever took this scumbag out making him pay for his on-ice theatrics while allowing him to stuff it up our asses in that series back in 08. Also didn't help that the little midget (Gomez) enjoyed a career series against us over those 5-games. Anyway, Avery is still a slutty little bitch and I'd love to kick his ass.

Edited by Since1982-83

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Not to be a d!ck, but who the fvck cares about Sean Avery and his stupid book? Do we really need a thread on this?

You're a Devils fan...can a Devils fan really be a d!ck?

Yes, needed and relevant because of the tie-in within pages of the book about this a$$hole's feelings about the Jersey Boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Since1982-83

2 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Can't wait for martys book on what he told sissy boy...

Indeed. Dude, there is a picture of Avery in the book working as an intern for Vogue Magazine and you should see the 'outfit' he's wearing. He'd fit right in out of Fire Island.

I always wanted there to be a “break your neck Avery, break your neck” chant.  I’m not the kind of guy that wishes injury on anyone, but Avery is such a slimeball that I wouldn’t have lost a minute of sleep if he ended up paralyzed because of a hit.  I’m actually almost certain that there isn’t a god that cares about the affairs of people because a good guy like Travis Roy can’t walk, but Sean Avery gets accepted by the “beautiful people.”

I have nothing but utter contempt for that piece of human garbage, and the vast majority of his former teammates feel the same way. I hope only the worst things happen to him, but unfortunately he’ll get to live the rest of his life in comfort.  

Well, there’s always the possibility that he’ll get hit by a bus.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, point said:

All I might add is that 80% of NYR defense is Hendrick. To bring this discussion back to the original post.

LOL!!!!

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No he just hates everyone. 

Hatred...I only feel such an emotion usually when for instance, my Devils are playing against that team known as the Manhattan Rags.

3 hours ago, Since1982-83 said:

Was doing some Christmas shopping earlier today at a Barnes & Noble and decided to leaf through Sean Avery's new book. The bitch that he is continues to hammer away at Marty in many of the pages and states that he continually insulted Marty on the ice basically telling Marty what a degenerate and a disgrace he was for leaving his wife and eventually marrying his sister-in-law. He also says that he would skate by Marty and ask him where his wife was in the stands so he could blow a kiss to her. All these years later I still find myself getting angry that not a single Devils player ever took this scumbag out making him pay for his on-ice theatrics while allowing him to stuff it up our asses in that series back in 08. Also didn't help that the little midget (Gomez) enjoyed a career series against us over those 5-games. Anyway, Avery is still a slutty little bitch and I'd love to kick his ass.

My most hated “hockey player” of all time. Doubt that ever changes either tbh. 

But whatever, guy is a joke. Let him write all the books and attend all the fashion shows his little heart desires.