GDT - Devils vs Rangers 12/21/17

NJDfan1711

Immensely relieved about the win, huge huge huge huge huge.

But:

1) Severson needs to get his sh!t together.

2) MoJo clearly didn't have his timing, or legs, or hands, or brains, in this one.  He looked especially awful in OT, shame on the staff for putting him out there imo.

3) What the fvck does Stafford have to do to get scratched.  Hopefully Bratt coming back means he gets to keep a seat in the press box warm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

If Cory comes up with some big saves earlier on in the game OT doesn't happen, but I'll take him saving his best stuff for OT.

I'm sorry, but I can't agree.  Goal 1 4 Devils in front and don't clear.  Goal #2 Severson doesn't tie the man up.  Goal #3 off a skate of Severson.  A goalie can't tie a skaters stick up, and he can't clear the crease, especially when there is 1 Ranger and 4 other Devils.  We disagree here. Schneider made some huge saves down the stretch.

• Like 2

Just now, Jersey Sure said:

I'm sorry, but I can't agree.  Goal 1 4 Devils in front and don't clear.  Goal #2 Severson doesn't tie the man up.  Goal #3 off a skate of Severson.  A goalie can't tie a skaters stick up, and he can't clear the crease, especially when there is 1 Ranger and 4 other Devils.  We disagree here. Schneider made some huge saves down the stretch.

What do you disagree with. I'm not blaming Cory for the goals, I'm saying that it would have been nice if he came up with big saves there. Was it easy to control the rebound on the first goal? No, it would have been considered a great stop. Was it easy for him to get across the net and get down enough to stop the third goal? No. It would have also been a big save. But we need those big saves in a game like this. It's not Cory's fault we ended up in OT, but he didn't match Henrik's play until OT.

Not to beat a dead horse but I'd wager severson had a very positive corsi % tonight  (considering the sog totals not a huge leap) and yet he was directly responsible for two of the three goals against. 

People sh!t all over + -, I don't think corsi is much better. 

Edited by Toasterleavins
  • Like 1

RECAP

• Brian Boyle can have my babies.
  • I was not confident at all once this game went to a shootout, but Palms and Boyle proved me wrong.
  • Lundqvist proved tonight he's still an elite goalie.
  • Schneider made some big stops too.

POSSESSION

• ES CF: 61 to 44
  • ES FF: 48 to 37
  • ES SF: 40 to 27
  • ES SCF: 36 to 35
  • ES HDCF: 16 to 17
  • All CF: 72 to 49
  • All FF: 58 to 40
  • All SF: 48 to 28
  • All SCF: 43 to 35
  • All HDCF: 20 to 17

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

What do you disagree with. I'm not blaming Cory for the goals, I'm saying that it would have been nice if he came up with big saves there. Was it easy to control the rebound on the first goal? No, it would have been considered a great stop. Was it easy for him to get across the net and get down enough to stop the third goal? No. It would have also been a big save. But we need those big saves in a game like this. It's not Cory's fault we ended up in OT, but he didn't match Henrik's play until OT.

I don't agree with what you said.  Period.  you don't agree with me.  I'll leave at that and not have an argument when the team beat those egg suckin dogs,

1 minute ago, Mike Brown said:

RECAP

• Brian Boyle can have my babies.
  • I was not confident at all once this game went to a shootout, but Palms and Boyle proved me wrong.
  • Lundqvist proved tonight he's still an elite goalie.
  • Schneider made some big stops too.

POSSESSION

• ES CF: 61 to 44
  • ES FF: 48 to 37
  • ES SF: 40 to 27
  • ES SCF: 36 to 35
  • ES HDCF: 16 to 17
  • All CF: 72 to 49
  • All FF: 58 to 40
  • All SF: 48 to 28
  • All SCF: 43 to 35
  • All HDCF: 20 to 17

Elite Goalie with no cups............... Just the facts, and yes he's 35 now lol.....

Great Job Mike as usual

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gunslinger27 said:

Elite Goalie with no cups............... Just the facts, and yes he's 35 now lol.....

Great Job Mike as usual

He's still elite though...single handley dragged his team's to the finals... can't score goals though.   Cory did well besides a bad rebound on goal 2

5 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

It's honestly a tough call for me between Hall and Palms as to who our best player is. Both are just so strong all over the ice.

Hall. Not particularly close either, IMO. 

Love Palms though. Guy never takes a shift off. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bobilly45 said:

He's still elite though...single handley dragged his team's to the finals... can't score goals though.   Cory did well besides a bad rebound on goal 2

Despite the fact that the guy has a freakish .940 sv pct. since Nov. 1st, he sucks, his pads are too big, he dives, he's a loser, and I hope he enjoys the rest of the 50 years of his life in which he has to think about how his inadequacies led him to never win the big one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Hall. Not particularly close either, IMO. 

Love Palms though. Guy never takes a shift off. 

Gotta disagree. It's close. Palms is fantastic out there, he makes everyone around him better. As does Hall. Obviously Hall has elite offensive skill but Palms plays an incredible all around game.

• Like 1