GDT - Devils vs Rangers 12/21/17

NJDfan1711

5 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

He's still elite though...single handley dragged his team's to the finals... can't score goals though.   Cory did well besides a bad rebound on goal 2

Sure, he's elite.

But as long as I have to interact with braindead Rangers fans saying stuff like "hurdur fatso only won because of the team in front of him", pigs will fly before I show the Queen any respect so long as he's a Ranger.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Bolded in particular is very encouraging.  

I'm settled into thinking that Vatanen isn't quite a 1D 82 games a season. But he was excellent tonight and certainly looked like a 1D on both sides of the ice. He held the zone, moved the puck well, played well in front of his net, and put six shots on net and fired a few others in the direction of the net.

2 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

It’s very obviously a joke, something I do quite often, which you would know about me if you didn’t abandon ship you front running fvck. 

If we lose this game will you go back to pretending you don’t have a hockey team?

?

2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Gotta disagree. It's close. Palms is fantastic out there, he makes everyone around him better. As does Hall. Obviously Hall has elite offensive skill but Palms plays an incredible all around game.

Fair enough. Anyway, Brian Boyle is telling them both to hold his beer right now. :lol:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

It’s very obviously a joke, something I do quite often, which you would know about me if you didn’t abandon ship you front running fvck. 

If we lose this game will you go back to pretending you don’t have a hockey team?

You originally from Hackettstown, NJ aren't ya? The vocabulary of a kindergartener, relocated to the cheapest state in the country...how's the Walmart shoe department treating you? 

1 minute ago, mikepeluso8 said:

You originally from Hackettstown, NJ aren't ya? The vocabulary of a kindergartener, relocated to the cheapest state in the country...how's the Walmart shoe department treating you? 

Just now, mikepeluso8 said:

What's it like being poor? Please, do tell.

You know you've lost an argument when...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

Despite missing 10+ games he has a real shot at surpassing his career best 21 goals in 2010-11 in which he played 82 games.

And considering why he missed those games, he has to be one of the best stories in hockey right now. Even if he’s to humble to acknowledge it. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

And considering why he missed those games, he has to be one of the best stories in hockey right now. Even if he’s to humble to acknowledge it. 

I know his cancer was considered very treatable but he's GOT to be a favorite for the Masterton.

• Like 7

You know, when it's all said and done, the Devils probably played their best hockey all season tonight. Actually, I think it's the best Devils hockey I've seen in a long time. The Rangers might be the best team in the league right now and the Devils peppered them with 48 shots and only allowed 28 on our own net. With this team fully healthy we really look like a real team out there.

Edit: And offensively, even though the Devils have shown the ability to score goals this season, think about it, tonight they dominated the Rangers at even strength. 

Edited by Neb00rs

Just now, Neb00rs said:

You know, when it's all said and done, the Devils probably played their best hockey all season tonight. Actually, I think it's the best Devils hockey I've seen in a long time. The Rangers might be the best team in the league right now and the Devils peppered them with 48 shots and only allowed 28 on our own net. With this team fully healthy we really look like a real team out there.

Agreed.  Every time I think we are going to let up or let down, we power through...it's an awfully interesting season, that's for certain.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

Idk I think the Lightning are probably the best team. Preds are damn good too. 

Just now, mikepeluso8 said:

Agreed.  Every time I think we are going to let up or let down, we power through...it's an awfully interesting season, that's for certain.

Same feeling here. They're pretty good but I have had my doubts that they are a first place team. And every time they played a few bad ones in a row I prepare for the team to come back down to Earth but then they just keep finding ways to put winning streaks together and stay atop the standings. Very interesting season.

Just now, Nicomo said:

Idk I think the Lightning are probably the best team. Preds are damn good too. 

The Lightning are one of the NHL's best teams. I definitely wouldn't put us at that level yet. I'm still not convinced just how good we are, because when we are bad we are REALLY bad. But, tonight was a great sign.

• Like 3