GDT - Devils vs Rangers 12/21/17

NJDfan1711

20 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Despite the fact that the guy has a freakish .940 sv pct. since Nov. 1st, he sucks, his pads are too big, he dives, he's a loser, and I hope he enjoys the rest of the 50 years of his life in which he has to think about how his inadequacies led him to never win the big one.

funny.   Somehow I think he'll figure out a way to get by even if he never wins  a cup. 

Huge win and well deserved just gotta laugh at the stepchild attitude that a lot of guys have here,  You name it Vescey, Shattenkirk, Lunqvist the list goes on and on.  In almost every situation a free agent is going to go there over here, so what and I don't think it's really all about the money.   It's hasn't lead to much other than having played a ton of playoff games over the last 7-8 years but still coming up short of the ultimate goal.

I'm fine with were we are and even admit Newark isn't MSG.  sh!t on it all you want.  The numbers of rangers fans there last night is something that happens when you're the little brother in the market. Thankfully lots of people got to go home with a L.

6 hours ago, Triumph said:

For some in this fanbase, they just haven't realized that Schneider showed up right when the rest of the franchise was heading down the toilet.  Before this season, Schneider's maybe had one team better than the worst one Brodeur had, and Brodeur was here for 20 years.  I think they resent the way that the online fanbase turned against Brodeur in that 2013-14 year, but I can't be sure.  For some of these people, it's easy to imagine them hoping that the goalie the Devils got after Brodeur would be a pile of garbage so they could point to Brodeur's achievements and say 'We miss Marty in his prime', but that's a sentiment I don't see anywhere.

Anyway, I hear that there's a very vocal but small group of Rangers fans who wanted them to trade Lundqvist and play Talbot, who wanted them to trade Lundqvist and play Rantta - it's just not limited to Devils fans.  When you rely on one guy to get you a win most nights, it's easy to feel like he comes up short too often when the rest of the team isn't pulling its weight.  

My brothers a ranger fan and wanted the rangers to trade Lindquist a few seasons ago and make Talbot their goalie.  He said they needed offense and Henrik will never win with this rangers team, as he was the only one who was "playing to win", and carried his team's to the finals. 

If you ask him, everyone besides Henrik suck.

6 hours ago, titans04 said:

funny.   Somehow I think he'll figure out a way to get by even if he never wins  a cup. 

Yeah, the Rangers will probably bring the Cup to his first of three jersey retirement ceremonies (home, way, alternate) where he will skate around the ice with it, then to his statue unveiling, and finally to a separate Lundqvist appreciation night. Additionally, Rangers fans (their announcers included) will forever talk about how much harder it is to win a gold medal than a Cup and consider him to be the hands down best goalie ever despite never winning the big one because "he just didn't have the right team around him."

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Yeah, the Rangers will probably bring the Cup to his first of three jersey retirement ceremonies (home, way, alternate) where he will skate around the ice with it, then to his statue unveiling, and finally to a separate Lundqvist appreciation night. Additionally, Rangers fans (their announcers included) will forever talk about how much harder it is to win a gold medal than a Cup and consider him to be the hands down best goalie ever despite never winning the big one because "he just didn't have the right team around him."

or anybody could spend 10 seconds and google  a dozen cup winning goalies that weren't nearly as good.   But if you can't see past being a Devils fan it's not gonna matter.  

2 hours ago, titans04 said:

or anybody could spend 10 seconds and google  a dozen cup winning goalies that weren't nearly as good.   But if you can't see past being a Devils fan it's not gonna matter.  

Hey, I like your posts and sure I know Henrik is good but yes I'm going to sh!t on him and NO, I can't see past being a Devils fan. I'll happily admit that.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2017 at 9:46 PM, Neb00rs said:

Hey, I like your posts and sure I know Henrik is good but yes I'm going to sh!t on him and NO, I can't see past being a Devils fan. I'll happily admit that.

happy holidays.

The list of goalies that have won cups has a bunch of guys who just weren't all that good but where on the right team at the right time.  Personally I thinks is pretty rare where a goalie steals a cup.  But I wouldn't trade ours for anything. :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, titans04 said:

happy holidays.

The list of goalies that have won cups has a bunch of guys who just weren't all that good but where on the right team at the right time.  Personally I thinks is pretty rare where a goalie steals a cup.  But I wouldn't trade ours for anything. :) 

Are you trying to tell me you wouldn't take Antti Niemi over Lundqvist?

13 hours ago, titans04 said:

happy holidays.

It's very rare for a goalie to steal a cup.  Lundquvist came really  close to doing that in the playoffs where they lost to the kings.  He was the only reason why they made it to the finals that year. 

Brodeur and Roy obvs are elite, but they also had quite a bit of help with some cups. (Roy was on better teams imo, brodeur had the best system working for him though)

24 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

It's very rare for a goalie to steal a cup.  Lundquvist came really  close to doing that in the playoffs where they lost to the kings.  He was the only reason why they made it to the finals that year. 

Brodeur and Roy obvs are elite, but they also had quite a bit of help with some cups. (Roy was on better teams imo, brodeur had the best system working for him though)

Unfortunately, the last goalie to steal a Cup was probably Quick in 2012.

18 hours ago, pattyelias said:

Are you trying to tell me you wouldn't take Antti Niemi over Lundqvist?

just a few off one list

JS Giguere

Osgood

Vernon

Richter

MAF/Matt  Murray or any Pens goalie - thanks Sid and Co

Crawford same deal imo an interchangeable part

Ward

Khabibulin

Thomas

Some guys got hot at the right time, most were surrounded by the much better team.

The days of goalies stealing cups is few and far between. 

like someone else said the shorter list maybe guys that have stole the cup.

53 minutes ago, Marshall said:

They'll be fine. It's the time and space I'd be worried about.

REALLY??!!! interesting, I would think that our 1st and 4th lines are as good as anyone in the league.. our D ? YES agree.. our 2nd line is just now playing together so its all speculation there

10 minutes ago, eldon said:

Wow, you'd think the Rangers website put that video together. Very slanted. Not showing the tying goal, really?

I'm assuming most of those clips were pulled from the Sabres-Rangers Winter Classic show which shows the Rangers angle, especially considering the only people mic'd were Rangers players and the refs

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

I'm assuming most of those clips were pulled from the Sabres-Rangers Winter Classic show which shows the Rangers angle, especially considering the only people mic'd were Rangers players and the refs

shoot out win ending though, cory skating off as the victor

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommonDreads said:

THANK YOU. The inferiority complex some Devils fans have when it comes to the Rangers is really bad