Jump to content

GDT - Devils vs Rangers 12/21/17


NJDfan1711
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

Same feeling here. They're pretty good but I have had my doubts that they are a first place team. And every time they played a few bad ones in a row I prepare for the team to come back down to Earth but then they just keep finding ways to put winning streaks together and stay atop the standings. Very interesting season.

I go into every game thinking we will win, expecting a win...which in and of itself is crazy to think.  Then we lose one here or there and I realize how lucky we are that they are even playing this well and for this long...that's what makes me cautious down the stretch here as we head towards the back half...can we really keep this up? I would love to think so but, can we? I don't know.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mikepeluso8 said:

I go into every game thinking we will win, expecting a win...which in and of itself is crazy to think.  Then we lose one here or there and I realize how lucky we are that they are even playing this well and for this long...that's what makes me cautious down the stretch here as we head towards the back half...can we really keep this up? I would love to think so but, can we? I don't know.

Something tells me none of us will be convinced until we lock down a top 5 playoff spot. That's how unreal this season has been.

Edited by Neb00rs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mikepeluso8 said:

can we really keep this up? I would love to think so but, can we? I don't know.

I think they can.  They have played some consistent good hockey.  They have their moments, but they seem dead serious about not being satisfied with good wins and not letting bad play fester.  Hynes calls them out when they play bad and challenges them this year.  Big difference from last year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gunslinger27 said:

Even with the  injuries we've had so far this season, this team has still stayed together and are pulling out wins.  

Another great point.  It's been a rotating door of our top 6 guys all season and we are STILL at this point...It's hard to digest and really understand just how good this team is.  I guess, as natural skeptic, I am simply waiting for the other shoe to drop...and it hasn't dropped yet...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mikepeluso8 said:

Another great point.  It's been a rotating door of our top 6 guys all season and we are STILL at this point...It's hard to digest and really understand just how good this team is.  I guess, as natural skeptic, I am simply waiting for the other shoe to drop...and it hasn't dropped yet...

Great character and leadership from these players

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gunslinger27 said:

Even with the  injuries we've had so far this season, this team has still stayed together and are pulling out wins.  

And tonight, even with MoJo and Palms back, we still were without Bratt. Injuries are a part of the game though, so someone is always going to be injured. So to your point, the team has done a good job keeping their heads up and stepping up in the face of injuries and Rico being traded. Of course, we look a whole lot better with our full lineup.

That said, I don't want to lose sight of our issues: Stafford still sucks. No points in 16 games are you kidding? Zajac looks like an AHLer out there and MoJo hasn't figured it out yet, though concussions are not like broken toes, hard to fully recover in season from one of those.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Toasterleavins said:

This guy might be one of my favorite Devils to watch in many, many years...he just wants it so fvcking bad that he goes balls to the wall every time he steps foot on the ice...I dig that.  I usually am not one to gravitate towards the finesse, sniper types but he's got an edge to him, a real motor...I love it.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a fun game to be at. Always a great night when we can send those blue douche bag fans home sad. fvcking hate them. 

I heard them trying to get their little chant for the Queen going, but the Devils fans weren't having that sh!t. Then after Coleman tied it, the HEEENRIIIK chants started up. Great job by the Devils fans to shut those fvckbags down. [emoji482][emoji106]

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

This guy might be one of my favorite Devils to watch in many, many years...he just wants it so fvcking bad that he goes balls to the wall every time he steps foot on the ice...I dig that.  I usually am not one to gravitate towards the finesse, sniper types but he's got an edge to him, a real motor...I love it.

8th season in the league and he's finally winning. His hunger is understandable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Hey,

I made a comment that I thought was funny. To those of you who know me (both here and in person), you know it was said as an off-color joke.

 Regardless, it clearly was in poor taste, and very clearly wasn’t funny. I lost my grandma a short while ago to cancer, you’d think I’d have more common sense. If I offended anyone, I really am sorry. Won’t happen again.

I'm not offended but we just beat the Rangers and you two should be happy instead of bitching at one another, enjoy the damn win! Lol

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Hey,

I made a comment that I thought was funny. To those of you who know me (both here and in person), you know it was said as an off-color joke.

 Regardless, it clearly was in poor taste, and very clearly wasn’t funny. I lost my grandma a short while ago to cancer, you’d think I’d have more common sense. If I offended anyone, I really am sorry. Won’t happen again.

As someone who says something stupid at least once Adam,I can verify that this sh!t happens. Your reputation in this board stands taller than one off color comment. You get a pass.

That said, I do hope they all get their d!cks caught in their zippers. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I think the Devils have a halfway decent record against the Rangers over the last few years despite being quite bad, it's hard for me to think of games where the Devils substantially outplayed them.  The Devils' top line had as dominant a performance as you will see in a game.  They absolutely worked the Rangers.  Oh, and all 3 guys are signed for at least the next 2 seasons after this one.  

Love this team, hope the ride can continue through April.  Games like this make me believe.

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.