NY sports radio talk show hosts who are Devils fans

Since1982-83

Are there any?

All I know is that not a single time I tune into NY sports radio do I ever hear a host talking about the Devils.

For that matter, I cannot say with any certainty that a single regular talk show host on NY sports radio knows anything about or even appreciates the game of hockey or the NHL.

1 minute ago, pattyelias said:

I listen NHL radio on Sirius.   Why would I torture myself with local sports radio that never talks hockey?   The Rangers barely get a mention, let alone the Devils or Islanders. 

THIS, with all the options I have on Sirius/XM local radio can burn to the ground and I'd not shed a single tear....

17 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Not anymore. Rag shill now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine LaGreca’s still a Devils fan, but he’s really tied to the Ranger organization professionally.  I’d guess that if the Devils wanted him to PBP he’d have to give up his talk radio gig which is way too lucrative.

Don't EVER waste your time trying to get hockey stuff from these local sports stations. I can't stress it enough.

WFAN broadcasts Devils games for Christ sakes and NONE of their hosts would know the Devils exist if Brain Boyle went up to one and punched him in the face.

Many, many other options to get your hockey fix, so you don't ever have to go to these local all sports radio stations ever again.

I imagine LaGreca’s still a Devils fan, but he’s really tied to the Ranger organization professionally.  I’d guess that if the Devils wanted him to PBP he’d have to give up his talk radio gig which is way too lucrative.

He probably would, since the Devils are on WFAN and he works for 98.7. Nonetheless, he's become a Rag shill. I wouldn't be surprised if he got his Devils tattoo removed.

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Rick DiPietro had a call-in-to-win contest around a week or so ago asking "Who is the current leader in the Metro division?" (Devils)

It took them 4 callers to get someone who knew. He was getting pissed

In fairness, it’s so close it could change overnight. 

24 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Don't EVER waste your time trying to get hockey stuff from these local sports stations. I can't stress it enough.

WFAN broadcasts Devils games for Christ sakes and NONE of their hosts would know the Devils exist if Brain Boyle went up to one and punched him in the face.

Many, many other options to get your hockey fix, so you don't ever have to go to these local all sports radio stations ever again.

I’ve mentioned this a while back, but I will give Evan Roberts (an Isles fan) huge credit for putting a Ranger fan in his place who tried to make fun of Devils attendance.  Evan was almost yelling at the caller, and said, “where it counts, the Devils own this town.”

I have a feeling that if the Devils make a playoff run even if the Rangers are out of the picture, Evan and Joe, and Boomer will talk about it a lot.  

• Like 1

Joe and Evan yesterday had on the Isles owner who was so excited, and rightfully so, to talk about the new arena and the Islanders future. To my amazement they kept bringing up the Jets owner and the Mets owner, and actually asking the Isles owner about THEM! Dude wanted none of it, constantly repeating I'm here to talk about the Islanders. So awkward and bizarre. Mad props to him for not indulging that poor interview.

I’ve mentioned this a while back, but I will give Evan Roberts (an Isles fan) huge credit for putting a Ranger fan in his place who tried to make fun of Devils attendance.  Evan was almost yelling at the caller, and said, “where it counts, the Devils own this town.”

I have a feeling that if the Devils make a playoff run even if the Rangers are out of the picture, Evan and Joe, and Boomer will talk about it a lot.  

Evan and Joe wouldn't talk about the Devils much, if at all. Benigno is a Rag fan and Evan is a pseudo-Isles fan who doesn't really know much about hockey (although I give him props for sticking up for the Devils that time, I remember that as I was actually listening when that happened). The Devils could be making a playoff run and those two would still be mostly discussing who the Mets' fifth outfielder was. The bottom line is the two NY sports stations don't really have many hosts who are hockey fans, and the prevailing sentiment among the powers that be at those stations is that people in this area generally don't care much about hockey, which I've always disagreed with. If you get hosts that are knowledgable about the game and who are open to talking about it, you'd get hockey calls. Hockey continues to be an afterthought on NY sports radio because that's the way the stations and the hosts (with a couple of exceptions like DiPietro and Boomer) want it.