"I'm getting VERTICAL here!"

Rock

Repeated 3 times by Ranger fan to usher at top of 105.  He wanted to get to his seat so bad and couldn't understand why he had to wait for play to stop. ( It was about 4 minutes of action.)

I was getting VERTIGO listening to exchange with the usher politely explaining over and over why he couldn't go down to his seat at the moment.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rock said:

Repeated 3 times by Ranger fan to usher at top of 105.  He wanted to get to his seat so bad and couldn't understand why he had to wait for play to stop. ( It was about 4 minutes of action.)

I was getting VERTIGO listening to exchange with the usher politely explaining over and over why he couldn't go down to his seat at the moment.

Still the league's dumbest fanbase by a wide margin.

Went to the Edison Ale House after the game, and some dipsh!t Ranger fan was getting into it with some Devils fans just outside the entrance...that guy actually said "We won fawr Cups!  We're bettah!"  One of the Devil fans simply said something along the lines of "Wow, one Cup in 80 years...that's fvcking great!"  There was almost a fistfight, but the idiot's pals dragged him off before it could escalate further.

Anyway, this guy checked off the attribute checklist for dipsh!t Ranger fans:

Stupid abrasive Noo Yawk accent?  Check

Acting like his Rangers have some longstanding proud tradition of success?  Yup

Making himself look and sound like an idiot without realizing that he looked and sounded like an idiot?  You know it.

Kind of surprised he didn't make a swamp or parking lot joke...maybe his friends were smart enough to realize that he needed to be dragged away before he embarrassed himself (and them) even worse than he already had.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

Still the league's dumbest fanbase by a wide margin. Went to the Edison Ale House after the game, and some dipsh!t Ranger fan was getting into it with some Devils fans just outside the entrance...that guy actually said "We won fawr Cups!  We're bettah!"  One of the Devil fans simply said something along the lines of "Wow, one Cup in 80 years...that's fvcking great!"  There was almost a fistfight, but the idiot's pals dragged him off before it could escalate further.

Anyway, this guy checked off the attribute checklist for dipsh!t Ranger fans:

Stupid abrasive Noo Yawk accent?  Check

Acting like his Rangers have some longstanding proud tradition of success?  Yup

Making himself look and sound like an idiot without realizing that he looked and sounded like an idiot?  You know it.

Kind of surprised he didn't make a swamp or parking lot joke...maybe his friends were smart enough to realize that he needed to be dragged away before he embarrassed himself (and them) even worse than he already had.

'Four Cups' lmfao. Cups won before the invention of the automobile don't count. One Cup in 80 years. Choke on it Rag fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone remember the Photoshop of Lundqvist hanging his head (I think it was BackhandedDevil) and instead of the ad-boards, it's the Ivy from Wrigley Field? There was a quote saying something like "Rangers fans conduct themselves like their team has a dynastic history like the Yankees, but in reality has the history of the Cubs" 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Anyone remember the Photoshop of Lundqvist hanging his head (I think it was BackhandedDevil) and instead of the ad-boards, it's the Ivy from Wrigley Field? There was a quote saying something like "Rangers fans conduct themselves like their team has a dynastic history like the Yankees, but in reality has the history of the Cubs" 

I've actually said that myself many times...good to see that others notice the same "phenomenon" when it comes to the Ranger faithful.  Their history is a joke...that's really all they've got:  lots and lots of years of undistinguished, often inept existence...classic quantity over quality.  And their fans don't see that at all.  For them it's Playing in NY = We're the Yankees of the NHL, and that's exactly how they carry themselves.  I've never quite seen anything like them.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

I really wish we could just ban them all from the building. Soccer has spoiled me because they keep the away fans out of the supporters sections at the red bulls game and give the visiting teams fans a few sections to be in. It won't ever happen in the NHL but I'd love to see it. 

Thankfully near me it was mainly Devils fans and I didn't hear many mouth breathers last night. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I really wish we could just ban them all from the building. Soccer has spoiled me because they keep the away fans out of the supporerss ections at the red bulls game and give the visiting teams fans a few sections to be in. It won't ever happen in the NHL but I'd love to see it. 

Thankfully near me it was mainly Devils fans and I didn't hear many mouth breathers last night. 

I was in 116 and the Ranger fans in my section were OK...none of them did or said anything that made me cringe.  In general they really weren't that bad last night.  I've seen them act much worse. 

On one hand I agree with you, but there is something to be said for civil but energetic rivalries.  There was a good energy last night, and it was fun.  I'm sure there was a$$holery happening somewhere, but I didn't witness any of it firsthand (not during the game at least). 

Would it surprise me one bit if the next game experience wasn't as good, with their fans in the building?  Nope. 

In my experience, Devils fans can be just as dumb, drunk and obnoxious as anyone.     Like the jerkoff drunk who couldn't stop dropping f-bombs in front of my 4 year old and then cursed at my older father-in-law.     And this was at a random Devils-Lightning game last season.   I've never experienced anything like that and I've been to plenty of away games and home rivalry games.

Edited by pattyelias
  • Like 1