NFL 2017 Offseason

NJDevs4978

40 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is a MUST read. Could the end FINALLY be near? We can only pray. emoji120.pnghttp://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread180105/beginning-end-new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick-internal-power-struggle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe this will fuel them to another Super Bowl win. Whatever is going on...who knows, it could be all BS, but they are all hyper competitive and professional. I think they feed on this "end is near" stuff.

43 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is a MUST read. Could the end FINALLY be near? We can only pray. emoji120.pnghttp://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread180105/beginning-end-new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick-internal-power-struggle

It seems written from Bill’s perspective almost cause if you buy every word in this piece he comes off BY FAR the best of the three. It has seemed to be getting a bit strained over there between the Guerrero thing, the rushed Garropolo trade, the Brady screaming match with McDaniels. If nothing else this piece seemingly provides more context to all of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

All I know is if this ends in a Belichick resignation- party at my place. emoji14.png

To me it's more Brady than Belichick. We've seen Belichick without Brady. 6 full years and a few games. Brady is the one that truly makes the magic happen there, though I believe Belichick has grown into a good coach and has done some excellent jobs over the years...but if you drop him at the helm of any other franchise right now it won't automatically replicate what happened in NE. It was just the perfect storm of Kraft/BB/Brady

• Like 1

To me it's more Brady than Belichick. We've seen Belichick without Brady. 6 full years and a few games. Brady is the one that truly makes the magic happen there, though I believe Belichick has grown into a good coach and has done some excellent jobs over the years...but if you drop him at the helm of any other franchise right now it won't automatically replicate what happened in NE. It was just the perfect storm of Kraft/BB/Brady

I don't necessarily disagree, but remember- Belichick won 11 games with Matt Cassell. Belichick sets the tone in that building day in and day out. Given a choice of who I'd rather see go, I'll choose Belichick. Brady is already showing signs of deterioration. Belichick could find another QB and stay there another 10 years and keep winning. No thanks. Get Belichick the fvck out of the division, and our teams may actually have a realistic shot again to compete for the division title every year.

52 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I'm always in the "I'll believe it when I see it camp"...ESPN's rep isn't exactly the best these days.

BUT, in a way, you can make the argument that's it's pretty amazing that three such strong personalities managed to make it work for this long.  We know how human beings roll...there's no shortage of "winning" acts (and not just in sports) that eventually broke up due to egos inflating over time.  Could BB and Brady be a little sick of each other by now, after this many years together, constantly in the spotlight?  Absolutely. 

At least if it does happen, and the band breaks up, I won't be haunted by "what ifs?"  They've already won 5 SBs.  They have a shot at a 6th.  Never been done before by the same HC & QB combo obviously.  Brady can talk about playing until he's 45 all he wants, and while I won't completely rule it out, I would never expect it to happen.  This thing was coming to an end pretty soon anyway, with Brady still in the fold.  As crazy as it sounds, as far as siding with anyone goes, I would've done it with BB, in that Garoppolo represented the Patriots' best chance to keep this thing going...sounds crazy and it would be cold to say soyonara to Brady if it came down to that, but an aging player who has too much power can really hurt a franchise for a while.  In terms of pure forensics, the team long-term would've been better off with Garoppolo.  But these things are always much more complicated than that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm always in the "I'll believe it when I see it camp"...ESPN's rep isn't exactly the best these days.

BUT, in a way, you can make the argument that's it's pretty amazing that three such strong personalities managed to make it work for this long.  We know how human beings roll...there's no shortage of "winning" acts (and not just in sports) that eventually broke up due to egos inflating over time.  Could BB and Brady be a little sick of each other by now, after this many years together, constantly in the spotlight?  Absolutely. 

At least if it does happen, and the band breaks up, I won't be haunted by "what ifs?"  They've already won 5 SBs.  They have a shot at a 6th.  Never been done before by the same HC & QB combo obviously.  Brady can talk about playing until he's 45 all he wants, and while I won't completely rule it out, I would never expect it to happen.  This thing was coming to an end pretty soon anyway, with Brady still in the fold.  As crazy as it sounds, as far as siding with anyone goes, I would've done it with BB, in that Garoppolo represented the Patriots' best chance to keep this thing going...sounds crazy and it would be cold to say soyonara to Brady if it came down to that, but an aging player who has too much power can really hurt a franchise for a while.  In terms of pure forensics, the team long-term would've been better off with Garoppolo.  But these things are always much more complicated than that. 

The only what if left, is if they win a second in a row this year then break up Jerry-Jimmy style. Or they don’t break up but Brady gets hurt and the what if becomes would Jimmy have saved the three peat 

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

The only what if left, is if they win a second in a row this year then break up Jerry-Jimmy style. Or they don’t break up but Brady gets hurt and the what if becomes would Jimmy have saved the three peat 

In a lot of ways, these last SB wins have felt like a bonus...when the Pats were going through that long of stretch of still winning but not winning the SB (kind of like Peyton's Colts in a lot of ways), that's REALLY the time things could've come apart, where Brady and others could've chafed under BB, or BB could've decided to tweak things on a much larger scale, etc.  They managed to survive that and win SBs again.  I guess I just feel if you win 6, should you really go too crazy with, "but what if we could've won seven?"  I still feel like it's pretty amazing that Kraft, BB, and Brady managed to coexist for THIS long already.  If it's meant to end after this season, regardless of results, so be it.   

2 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

thats the most expensive tutor ive seen.. 100 mil to fix Carr  WOW  ... hope it blows up (for the fun of it)

It's not just for Carr, it's for having some wattage going into Vegas after next year.  Gruden's a personality that'll help them with a new fanbase.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It takes a lot for me as a Jet fan to feel sorry for another fanbase but man those Chief fans are getting used to home disasters in the postseason.   The Chiefs are basically the NFL version of the Capitals :P

And the fact that the Titans now can’t possibly fire their coach to get the guy they want, McDaniels.

I always had this soft spot for Alex Smith.  Got a raw deal to start his career, but managed to salvage things. Oh well, maybe he becomes like Vinny Testeverde wherever he catches on next,

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And the fact that the Titans now can’t possibly fire their coach to get the guy they want, McDaniels.

I always had this soft spot for Alex Smith.  Got a raw deal to start his career, but managed to salvage things. Oh well, maybe he becomes like Vinny Testeverde wherever he catches on next,

if the jets acquire him I will burn every green item in my house...ditto eli

No idea what to make of this Belichick to the Giants stuff. At first I just shrugged it off but the smoke seems to be building. It could still all be nothing

They're just going to use it as more motivation. Titans are going to get steamrolled.

Not an NFL fan at all, but have to say gotta feel bad for bills fans, and think it's hilarious they waited the better part of 2 decades for a field goal.

I feel no sympathy for them. But I'm a Dolphins fan, and I don't expect them to pity me either lol.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Daniel said:

:lol: 

I don't even know where to begin with this.

Overall the Bills are now Raiders level with the zubaz flaming tables ECW extreme drunkeness/drugs abuse that goes on in and around that stadium. They are the definition of bad optics. Now OJ rears his head. The NFL must be loving this

default_laugh.png 
I don't even know where to begin with this.
Overall the Bills are now Raiders level with the zubaz flaming tables ECW extreme drunkeness/drugs abuse that goes on in and around that stadium. They are the definition of bad optics. Now OJ rears his head. The NFL must be loving this

And then there's this dipsh!t: http://deadsp.in/pz7BPON