NFL 2017 Offseason

NJDevs4978

Last night was one of the most insane things I've ever experienced. From the city bus honking in celebration driving through fireworks being set off in the street, the endless roar of car horns, the thousands of people celebrating on Broad Street that was closed from the stadiums passed City Hall (more than 3 miles of the main road through the city). Everyone openely drinking, cops were smoking cigarettes, chanting, giving people high fives.

Things were pretty fvcked up when the Phillies won the world series, I can't imagine what'll happen if the eagles pull this off. 

24 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

Last night was one of the most insane things I've ever experienced. From the city bus honking in celebration driving through fireworks being set off in the street, the endless roar of car horns, the thousands of people celebrating on Broad Street that was closed from the stadiums passed City Hall (more than 3 miles of the main road through the city). Everyone openely drinking, cops were smoking cigarettes, chanting, giving people high fives.

Things were pretty fvcked up when the Phillies won the world series, I can't imagine what'll happen if the eagles pull this off. 

I was in college in Philly when there was a mini-riot on South Street.  Wasn't because of anything political, might have been mardi gras related if memory serves me correctly.  What I do remember was that it was the same night as the State of the Union and the mayor was there (think it was John Street) and the President (I think it was W, pre 9/11) pointed out some positive government program in Philly.  The local broadcast showed a split screen with the mayor and the rioting.  Was pretty funny. 

If the Eagles win the Super Bowl, they'll have to shut the city down and declare martial law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Not only a trade but a new deal as well

At this point it has to be Jets or Denver for Cousins. And we may have the inside track with having Bates onboard who Cousins likes. As well as the ability to outbid them

Though when it comes to having the organizational track record for excellence...yea Denver has quite a bit over us.

9 hours ago, Daniel said:

Jets are in a tough spot.  They could really like one of the QBs in the draft, but no guarantee any of them will be there at 6.  In the meantime, you’d have to commit to Cousins well before the draft.  

there are 10+ draftable QBs this year .. if they go cousins .. does that total kill drafting another one?  probably, :( most will go in the first 3 rounds 

paying top 5 money for a top 12 QB isnt great.. need to draw a line , quincy and anderson may never return at WR and we need a LT & C

If the Jets REALLY want Cousins to be their guy, they could probably get him.  I get the feeling they're going to take a pass (especially at the money being discussed) and try to build their own guy from the ground up.  TB & BB only have so much time left, and by the time that duo is finally done, the Jets could have their young guy 100% ready to go...no sure things of course, but I just don't know how hard the Jets are going to go after Cousins. 

51 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

there are 10+ draftable QBs this year .. if they go cousins .. does that total kill drafting another one?  probably, :( most will go in the first 3 rounds 

paying top 5 money for a top 12 QB isnt great.. need to draw a line , quincy and anderson may never return at WR and we need a LT & C

Obviously all quarterbacks in any draft are not equal.  So I'm really referring to one of the consensus top three QBs, Darnold, Rosen and Allen.  If you sign Cousins in March, that almost certainly means you can't draft one of those three QBs in April. 

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

Jets are in a tough spot.  They could really like one of the QBs in the draft, but no guarantee any of them will be there at 6.  In the meantime, you’d have to commit to Cousins well before the draft.  

Can't say I'm totally 100% convinced Cousins is the guy, but I would forge ahead with him with a good deal of confidence and just go ahead with BPA that's not a QB at 6. 

Reading the tea leaves the Jets seem to like Josh Allen the most. While he's the best pure thrower he is not a polished QB yet and the low completion percentage and footwork issues are a red flag. Wish they weren't so enamored with him after the Hackenberg error.

If they sign Cousins they really need to give him the O-Line that he deserves, which means they probably go with a center and another lineman in round 2. Wesley Johnson is subpar

Edited by '7'

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎30 at 8:15 PM, '7' said:

At this point it has to be Jets or Denver for Cousins. And we may have the inside track with having Bates onboard who Cousins likes. As well as the ability to outbid them

Though when it comes to having the organizational track record for excellence...yea Denver has quite a bit over us.

Will be interesting to see what happens, I have no idea really, lots of moving parts. In Denver the d is still good and the QB position cost them so much this year that I would like to see Denver sign him, cap wise certainly they would have to get leaner in other areas; trade/cut Talib, etc. I'm not sure how badly Cousins will want to come to Denver either, defensive oriented team with a shaky Oline. They may end up going the draft route or trade for Tyrod Taylor.

The Eagles literally HAD to play the perfect offensive game to win.  No turnovers, no punts and still the Pats were inches away from a Hail Mary to give them a two-point chance to tie.

EDIT: Nvm forgot about that stupid Alshon Jeffery play toward the end of the first half that was one INT.

Edited by NJDevs4978

6 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

The Eagles literally HAD to play the perfect offensive game to win.  No turnovers, no punts and still the Pats were inches away from a Hail Mary to give them a two-point chance to tie.

It's scary how good that offense is with brady, no Edelman no cooks no problem..

9 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And I don't get this Malcom Butler thing...what's the explanation for them benching a starting CB in the Super Bowl if it was NOT disciplinary?  I know it's Bill being Bill but man that came out of left field and the Pats' defense was terrible anyway.

was he sick or benched

edit: he was benched, wow

Edited by EdgeControl