NFL 2017 Offseason

NJDevs4978

Congrats to the Eagles, they earned it. 

Bye bye to the most overrated DC in the NFL...you will fail miserably with the Lions.  You will be gone after two seasons.

Philly fans flat-out suck.  Rioting and destroying property because your team won a championship...real fvcking classy.  fvcking scum.

Congrats to the Eagles, they earned it. 
Bye bye to the most overrated DC in the NFL...you will fail miserably with the Lions.  You will be gone after two seasons.
Philly fans flat-out suck.  Rioting and destroying property because your team won a championship...real fvcking classy.  fvcking scum.

What I love is that since Patricia wants to bring in his own guys, Gase scooped up Detroit's outgoing d-line and DB coaches, (Kris Kocharek and Tony Oden), who are regarded as two of the best at what they do. Thanks Puppet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Philly is destroyed: http://deadsp.in/9cDVUgX

Seriously, WTF is that all about?!  Why?

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

What I love is that since Patricia wants to bring in his own guys, Gase scooped up Detroit's outgoing d-line and DB coaches, (Kris Kocharek and Tony Oden), who are regarded as two of the best at what they do. Thanks Puppet!

Puppet is going to be such a HC disaster...only way he works out is if he manages to put together an absolutely killer staff.  

• Like 1

Seriously, WTF is that all about?!  Why?

You're surprised? Everyone and their brother knew what would happen if the Eagles won the SB.

Puppet is going to be such a HC disaster...only way he works out is if he manages to put together an absolutely killer staff.  

He'll fit right in in Detroit then. Talk about a hopeless franchise....

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

You're surprised? Everyone and their brother knew what would happen if the Eagles won the SB.

Only surprised that people can be that fvcking stupid.  But yeah, Philly fans have always sucked.  

• Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Only surprised that people can be that fvcking stupid.  But yeah, Philly fans have always sucked.  

If their fan tailgating rituals are any indication, I think the destruction in Buffalo would be absolutely epic if the Bills ever won the Super Bowl.

• Like 1

The Eagles are just flat out great. So is New England. When it comes to being well coached machines with excellent personnel at all levels of the organization, they both have it. Each team found something they could exploit in the other. New England knew Philly's secondary was vulnerable to giving up yards in bunches downfield...they did that. Some times NE dinks and dunks you to death but they were positively ripping off yards at a time last night. They abandoned the run and were right to do so. Philly knew they could exploit NE's D on the outside with some sweep type plays and great blocking schemes and got great push on some plays with Ajayi and Blount

NE is good with the trickery sometimes and it did work last time they played Philly (Chip Kelly regime) but you probably shouldn't put Tom Brady in a position where he has to extend and catch a ball in the open field and then run. If a linebacker or safety was lurking there it would've been trouble. You don't ask Gretzky to play goal. 

The botched FG came back to haunt NE. Snap was muffed and they never got it settled. 

Eagles pass rush was neutralized for 99% of the game. They got close a few times but the pocket held or held just enough for Brady to slide around and find open guys in the secondary. NE's offensive line coach is really one of the best ever. It just so happens the one time they got him they got the ball.

If you're a Patriots fan I don't know if there's any blame really to go around. It's brutally hard to play defense in this league right now. The Patriots righted the ship after a horrific start by their D this season. They held it together for longer than many expected. But the Eagles are a precision machine at all levels. If you look at the plays they made, many were great catches, perfect throws...not botched secondary play. 

Edited by '7'

All rooting interests aside (and as a Fins fan, I was OK with Philly winning as opposed to Tom Brady's 6th Ring), this was a fun defense-optional game that went to the very end.  And some of the commercials were lit, though I was done with #TideAd by the end of the game.

As I posted on social media - Congrats to all the Philly Eagles fans that finally can celebrate the Super Bowl.  Double-congratulations if you didn't suffer any injuries or property damage in the celebration.

One note of interest - may be "making something of nothing" right now but Gronk was non-committal about playing in 2018-2019.  Should he choose to hang it up, they can definitely win games without him, but they're an elite team with a guy like him who can command that kind of defensive attention down the field.  Their offense will suffer if he retires.  

Also, now we'll see what a different DC will do with the Pats' talent.  Same with the offense and McDaniels, assuming the will-he-won't-he sh!t was also blown way out of proportion.

I don't understand the Butler thing either. But there HAS to be a good reason. Belichick isn't risking a Super Bowl just because this guy missed curfew or fell asleep in a meeting. He would give leeway as would every other coach for a game like this. 

3 minutes ago, Hi, I'm VALUE! said:

All rooting interests aside (and as a Fins fan, I was OK with Philly winning as opposed to Tom Brady's 6th Ring), this was a fun defense-optional game that went to the very end.  And some of the commercials were lit, though I was done with #TideAd by the end of the game.

As I posted on social media - Congrats to all the Philly Eagles fans that finally can celebrate the Super Bowl.  Double-congratulations if you didn't suffer any injuries or property damage in the celebration.

One note of interest - may be "making something of nothing" right now but Gronk was non-committal about playing in 2018-2019.  Should he choose to hang it up, they can definitely win games without him, but they're an elite team with a guy like him who can command that kind of defensive attention down the field.  Their offense will suffer if he retires.  

Also, now we'll see what a different DC will do with the Pats' talent.  Same with the offense and McDaniels, assuming the will-he-won't-he sh!t was also blown way out of proportion.

I think Gronkowski was just dejected. No doubt he returns. Really he always looks like he has a blast playing football and defending him is akin to trying to cover Andre the Giant circa 1981. He's listed at 6'6 265. He is absolutely bigger than that. It's like when Vince Wilfork was listed at 325 or Gilbert Brown at 340. You can just look at them and know.

13 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

The Eagles literally HAD to play the perfect offensive game to win.  No turnovers, no punts and still the Pats were inches away from a Hail Mary to give them a two-point chance to tie.

EDIT: Nvm forgot about that stupid Alshon Jeffery play toward the end of the first half that was one INT.

Thing is the Eagles are this good. This is the football they've played all year. 

Honestly this game looked like Patriots vs. Patriots. The Patriots losses to the Giants...they were fluky losses to lucky teams that had huge holes in some areas but great in others (pass rush, QB). The Eagles are just great.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He was HORRIBLE. He couldn't mask the giant Patriots dong he had in his mouth all night.

I usually like him, but he was at his worst when they were reviewing the two touchdowns.  What's it going to take for everyone to get through their heads that the call stands unless it should indisputably be overturned.  If the replay official has to think for more than 10 seconds about whether something was a catch, the call on the field has to stand.  To the officials' credit, they got things right when it mattered most.  It was annoying when Collinsworth was trying to create controversy where there shouldn't have been any.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I usually like him, but he was at his worst when they were reviewing the two touchdowns.  What's it going to take for everyone to get through their heads that the call stands unless it should indisputably be overturned.  If the replay official has to think for more than 10 seconds about whether something was a catch, the call on the field has to stand.  To the officials' credit, they got things right when it mattered most.  It was annoying when Collinsworth was trying to create controversy where there shouldn't have been any.

Agree, I thought both TDs were legit.

Collinsworth last night reminded me of Gary Thorne during the Ottawa series and his wishful call of the light not coming on after the Friesen goal. I mean I get that the NFL has overturned plays like that before and thank god common sense actually got applied last night and their own philosophy of unless it’s conclusive you can’t overturn it rather than go blindly to THE CATCH RULE which states you have to make five steps and two football moves with total control before you made the catch, or that the ball cant move one centimeter once you catch it otherwise you lose possession.

But still his constant nut hugging of the Pats was unprofessional.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, '7' said:

The Ertz TD, I've seen catches like that overturned. I too thought it was a catch but I was 50/50 on how it would end up

The Sefarian Jenkins catches were more a catch than the other TD...but yeah by normal standards both should have been TD’s

Edited by NJDevs4978

52 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

The Sefarian Jenkins catches were more a catch than the other TD...but yeah by normal standards both should have been TD’s

It's February and I still can't believe what I saw regarding the 1st ASJ touchdown.

Hopefully the league absolutely clarifies things in the offseason, you cannot have catch controversies cropping up every damn week on top of all the other issues the league had to deal with this year

Patricia is actually walking into a pretty good situation in Detroit. Better than what he would've had with the Giants. They have a good core, outstanding QB. The owners will be patient and stay out of the way. Fans want to win but will not be as demanding as NY. 

I really have no feel as to how he'll do. Bad coaches can succeed with great coordinators. Awful coaches have had winning season. But generally I have a feeling that Patricia won't be a long term coach, but not exactly a 2-14 abject disaster either

This is the downside of the Pats Lou Lamoriello-like secrecy around every little thing, when something like this happens that has no logical explanation and even after the game there are no answers from the team or Butler (other than 'they gave up on me') then the rumor mill starts.  You had to figure this was something aside from football though, even though Bill claimed it wasn't a disciplinary decision I saw his nose grow an inch when he said it.