GDT: Sabres @ Devils 12/29 7:00PM

Nicomo

4 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

I'm feeling confident for the game tomorrow. I feel that this team has had tough moments in games this year and have fought through them. I expect them to be pumped for tomorrow.

Whatever the outcome tomorrow is I just want it to be an even hard fought game. Would hate to see Wash hand us our arses in a 5:1 kind of a game. Wouldn't mind winning 5:1 though. :)

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Can’t win them all. Especially with an offensive powerhouse on the opposing team.

I mean Josefson, obviously. 

I HATE offsides review, but I’m thinking Taylor was offside as his foot was over the line but did not appear to be down on the ice. Maybe Brian Boitano could have spun like that and dragged his foot, but that’s about it.

Besides, we had to lose because Cangialosi kept saying how we’ve never swept a 6 game homestand. I knew when he kept saying it, i5 wouldn’t happen. It’s like driving home and saying “wow, no traffic”. Never do that.

Oh well, 5-0-1 is fine. On to the next.

Yup, Steve jinxed it. I love your sarcasm about Josefson. Never in a 100 years would he score that one in the Devils uniform. Speaking of offside review, I was sure it was a good goal till the refs made me send my remote control flying across the room. That goal was a beauty.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

Yup, Steve jinxed it. I love your sarcasm about Josefson. Never in a 100 years would he score that one in the Devils uniform. Speaking of offside review, I was sure it was a good goal till the refs made me send my remote control flying across the room. That goal was a beauty.

It was. The way he just swiped away the defenseman’s stick leaving him unable to try for the puck was just amazing. 

• Like 2

Well, there goes that shot at taking it 46-0 to the finish, but now the chance at a 45-0 stretch is alive.  It will be massively deflating if this team loses another game this year...just kidding of course.  But it's nice that as the season moves along, I always take notice of where teams point totals are that are leading the pack.  And now the high end teams have moved into the 50's.  And the Devils are in that group.  It sure beats these past seasons when the teams in the league were moving along and the Devils were still waiting at the station..always lagging behind.

The big thing for this team going forward are the responses.  We saw this team really play well in winning at Columbus, then come back with a horrendous weekend.  This team took the attitude that the play that weekend was unacceptable, and then they went on this nice stretch.  So coming off last night with a big one in Washington tonight, let's see a nice response.  It's nice that this year's group expects more from itself.    

Over an 82 game season, teams are going to lose some.  And teams are going to drop a game to a team that's below them in the standings, it happens to everyone.  The 2 teams that played for the Cup last year didn't get wins in 31 games for Pittsburgh, and 41 games for the Preds.  

The refs overturning that sh!t is basically them penalizing Hall for having skill. Not many players can make that play like he did there along the line, but hey, it doesn’t count because these senile fvcks stared at their Microsoft surface for 20 minutes and decided he didn’t have control and was a millimeter off. Just absolutely brutal. Must be a conspiracy against Buffalo though right Lehner? fvcking idiot.

Also, big fvck you out to Josefson, one of the most useless players for this team for seven years, comes back and scores on us. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, lucifer91 said:

Seemed like palms had a bad game, didnt seem on same page as his linemates, anyone agree?

I was thinking the exact same thing, blame it on him being on a line with zajac.. he has been a total non factor since he's been playing this year.

10 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

The refs overturning that sh!t is basically them penalizing Hall for having skill. Not many players can make that play like he did there along the line, but hey, it doesn’t count because these senile fvcks stared at their Microsoft surface for 20 minutes and decided he didn’t have control and was a millimeter off. Just absolutely brutal. Must be a conspiracy against Buffalo though right Lehner? fvcking idiot.

I just got a chance to watch the replay and I can’t believe it was overturned. Last year I saw a couple replays (not involving the Devils) involving offsides that were far worse and the goals were still allowed.

• Like 2

so many of these rules are BS.. its geeting over officiated like the nfl

this face off nonsense were the ref actually fakes the guys out, then kicks them out.  pure bull  drop the puck jackass.. what ever happened to the away player having to have his stick on the ice first.. was that ever a true rule?

the slashing for hitting a guys stick, wtf,, are you not allowed to hit an opponents stick now?? bull  incidental glove contact is not a penalty.. and knocking a stick out of a guys hand lmao I used to do that all the time.. what next, no stick lifting??

the replays are there to prevent the egregious bad call  i dont have a problem with a challange.. but please,  let the call on the ice stand if it takes 30 views and 12 mins to try and find an issue.. we got screwed  , and I too thought to challenge it

Edited by EdgeControl
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bonginator11 said:

I just got a chance to watch the replay and I can’t believe it was overturned. Last year I saw a couple replays (not involving the Devils) involving offsides that were far worse and the goals were still allowed.

I mean if it were Sidney Crosby....

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

this face off nonsense were the ref actually fakes the guys out, then kicks them out.  pure bull  drop the puck jackass.. what ever happened to the away player having to have his stick on the ice first.. was that ever a true rule?

The face-off rule is as follows now:76.4 ...the defending player shall place his stick in the designated white area first followed immediately by the attacking player....

Hope that helps.B)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Jack Eichel heaping praise on the @NJDevils today: "That's a really good hockey team. Out of the teams we've played in the League this year, the top ones, I have to put Jersey in the top few of hardest to play against."

To be fair, if my sh!t team won on a bullsh!t no goal call, I'd heap praise on the Devils too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonginator11 said:

This is the one I was thinking of. If this stood then Hall’s definitely should have stood.

Thank you. I wish we could shove it yesterday in refs' and video review room staff's faces. That's a perfect example of inconsistency. Hall's goal was legit and Parise's offside is crystal clear without any review. I wonder if managers across the league are annoyed too. These situations need to be discussed/disputed ASAP. Total BS.