Max Pacioretty?

fsu1852

1 minute ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

are there rumors of him being available or something? at this point if we are going to be making trades and moving assets I think it should be to improve out defense 

They're pretty serious rumors but I agree with the Defense. Figured it would be a interesting topic

Bergevin has to make a deal where the perception is that he got an overpayment.  Therefore I would not overpay for a scoring winger who is on the wrong side of the age where players like that typically decline.

I would much rather go all in for Karlsson and/or try to be a serious player for Evander Kane.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Bergevin has to make a deal where the perception is that he got an overpayment.  Therefore I would not overpay for a scoring winger who is on the wrong side of the age where players like that typically decline.

I would much rather go all in for Karlsson and/or try to be a serious player for Evander Kane.

I want Evander Kane no where near this team.

• Like 1

if I thought kane could be taught to play in our system I would take him in a heartbeat.. he becomes our top goal scoring and toughens up a weak hitting offense.. Id have him talk to a few shrinks first then tie him up to a decent contract.. people said PK subban was crazy and kessell was a cancer...  show this kid a true home and I think he would be a good devil..  our scoring may drop under 3 per game soon as our 4 line cools off

this shouldnt effect a quest for a 1D either

Edited by EdgeControl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EdgeControl said:

if I thought kane could be taught to play in our system I would take him in a heartbeat.. he becomes our top goal scoring and toughens up a weak hitting offense.. Id have him talk to a few shrinks first then tie him up to a decent contract.. people said PK subban was crazy and kessell was a cancer...  show this kid a true home and I think he would be a good devil..  our scoring may drop under 3 per game soon as our 4 line cools off

this shouldnt effect a quest for a 1D either

Was the one that helped Bratt so much Swedish or American? Cause that could be a perfect place to start.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I would rather Josefson back than Kane.

Kane has great talent, great speed, and absolutely nothing between the ears. 

As far as Patches; there’s no room for another top-6 forward; that’s why we made the Henrique move. If we’re going to acquire anything, I’d love for it to be something to replace Greene’s minutes. 

oh good lord please no. Just NO.  Been there done that over a few years he failed.

Agree Kane is a brick short of a load but if I had to choose one or the other it's a slam dunk,  I would prefer to pass all the way around.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

Despite our surprise success this season the Devils can't lose focus on the future. We are NOT a win NOW team that's going to sacrifice pieces to get a player that will help us win this year. That's what it takes to get a Pacioretty at the deadline. Additionally, the only significant moves we should be making are for D-men.

• Like 1

That poor guy must want to get out of MTL so fvcking bad. He's constantly being sh!t on by the fans and i never understood that. Buddy as been costing 4.5m per season and the last 4 season he got between 60 and 67 pts every seasons. And they are not happy with that. How can you not look around the league and understand that he's an incredible deal. Well i know why he was not an ass licker like Subban who played the fans like a violon. 

That fanbase is the team's worst enemy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Despite our surprise success this season the Devils can't lose focus on the future. We are NOT a win NOW team that's going to sacrifice pieces to get a player that will help us win this year. That's what it takes to get a Pacioretty at the deadline. Additionally, the only significant moves we should be making are for D-men.

It is more than plausible that Shero will make a big push for Karlsson if Melnyk tells Dorian to trade him.  In fact, I have trouble thinking of that many other teams that would have the assets that Ottawa would want, is a destination that Ottawa would be ok with trading him to (i.e. not Toronto) that has the cap space for him now, and would have the space to sign him long term.  

Edited by Daniel

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

It is more than plausible that Shero will make a big push for Karlsson if Melnyk tells Dorian to trade him.  In fact, I have trouble thinking of that many other teams that would have the assets that Ottawa would want, is a destination that Ottawa would be ok with trading him to (i.e. not Toronto) that has the cap space for him now, and would have the space to sign him long term.  

I hope not. We' d have to pay big time for a player who might not even re-sign with us. Who are you willing to give up for Karlsson? Bratt? Butcher? A 1st?

Edited by Neb00rs

10 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

3 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

I hope not. We' d have to pay big time for a player who might not even re-sign with us. Who are you willing to give up for Karlsson? Bratt? Butcher? A 1st?

I don’t believe Shero is giving up anything major for Karlsson or anyone else as a deadline deal. He made a point on the Henrique trade of mentioning that Vatanen was under contract longer. He’s not going to trade away the future for a guy who may not re-sign.

At least I hope not. 

• Like 1

no one is bringing in a top player without locking him up to an agreed upon contract.. thats not a practical argument for these trades.. the questions are, for what do we give up and terms of the deal? and is your team better after the dust settles...

is our scoring rate sustainable as is?  most seem to think we're set there, I dont 

why does an offensive move/Trade prevent a 1D FA acquisition? 

btw, I put bratt on the untouchable list with nico and hall.. thats about it

13 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

is our scoring rate sustainable as is?  most seem to think we're set there, I dont 

Agreed, if there’s a stud forward available, I have no problem going after him. Trading Adam Henrique was not at all a “we have too many top 6 forwards” move, if you believe that, you’re on serious drugs. 

4 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Severson, McLeod, Zacha and a first.

Maybe you can switch Quenneville and Bastian for Zacha.

23 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

no one is bringing in a top player without locking him up to an agreed upon contract.. thats not a practical argument for these trades.. the questions are, for what do we give up and terms of the deal? and is your team better after the dust settles...

why does an offensive move/Trade prevent a 1D FA acquisition? 

btw, I put bratt on the untouchable list with nico and hall.. thats about it

I wouldn’t trade Cory or Butcher either. 

9 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Dozens of superstars get dealt at the deadline without a contract extension agreed upon. See: Kovalchuk, Ilya. 

Yup, meant to say, no one here in this org.. we're not Pitt grabbing a Kessel to put us over the top... our moves are longer term..

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Severson, McLeod, Zacha and a first.

Maybe you can switch Quenneville and Bastian for Zacha.

This is a  dream scenario. I don't believe for a second that gets Karlsson. Not even close. And the Devils' first won't be worth much. You're going to have to give up top players to get one of the best players in the league, maybe the best d-man.