All purpose general trade speculation thread

Daniel

2 minutes ago, SS-SS said:

Whoever takes Pacioretty is going to have to send a lot in return. Pacioretty is only surpassed by Kane, Crosby, Ovechkin, and Pavelski in the last 5 seasons in terms of goals total. He is a guaranteed 30+ goal scorer and he played his entire career on a team had no real 1st or 2nd centerman to pair him with. It would be surprising to see the Canadiens ship him out, but even if it happens, it's going to cost a lot for the team taking him.   

I think so also, with the usual reduction in cost because he's on an expiring contract if they do it next year. If they do it this year, it will take a lot. It might take what I listed above without them including Galyenchuk. 

3 hours ago, jagknife said:

Re: bolded. You cannot be a top pairing defenseman if you need your minutes limited in order to be effective. Your top pairing guys are the ones who eat the minutes and are effective regardless. Greene is a bottom pair defender now, his legs don’t allow him to be active in the defensive zone, and outside of a handful of games, he has been a major liability who needs his partner to pick up his slack.

I agree with everything here.

3 minutes ago, fsu1852 said:

What's our thoughts on Mike Green?

Don’t see a fit really in that there’s no need to take minutes away from Vatanen and Severson.

I think the Caps will sign Carlson to an extension, unless he’s really looking to get overpaid.

Just now, Devs3cups said:

Galchenyuk wouldn’t cost that much. MTL have drained his value in the last couple of years. 

Apparently Shero was close to trading for him over the summer, like that a deal was pretty much done, but Bergevin went back at the last minute.  At the time, people speculated that it was Henrique, but Severson would seem to make more sense.

But yeah, would love to get him for that second round pick that turns into a first if the Devils make it to like the second round of the playoffs.  I would never do that if I were Bergevin, but that’s why he’s Bergevin.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Apparently Shero was close to trading for him over the summer, like that a deal was pretty much done, but Bergevin went back at the last minute.  At the time, people speculated that it was Henrique, but Severson would seem to make more sense.

But yeah, would love to get him for that second round pick that turns into a first if the Devils make it to like the second round of the playoffs.  I would never do that if I were Bergevin, but that’s why he’s Bergevin.

Shero has made good steals in the last few years. Palmieri, MoJo (he’ll come through after being healthy and adjusted and not plagued with bad luck lol) are good examples. Bergevin has ruined MTL for the next decade by doing bad decisions lately. I’m sure something could happen. 

Edited by Devs3cups

I watch the whole video in French... And there is absolutly no real rumor or anything. Certainly nothing certain for the " couple of days". yeah they talk about the Pacioretty clan, they think he will be trade soon. But it's based on nothing. 

They more talk about the good idea to trade him and for what important piece coming back to them etc... 

29 minutes ago, moustic said:

I watch the whole video in French... And there is absolutly no real rumor or anything. Certainly nothing certain for the " couple of days". yeah they talk about the Pacioretty clan, they think he will be trade soon. But it's based on nothing. 

They more talk about the good idea to trade him and for what important piece coming back to them etc... 

Thanks.

Also, is "clan" and "family" in French the same word?

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Thanks.

Also, is "clan" and "family" in French the same word?

Not really. You could use both word in this case but we got " Clan " and " Famille " the same way.
In this context, family means close family and clan will be his family + his close friends + trustfull agent etc etc... 

Basically, the same as in english ; ) 

26 minutes ago, moustic said:

Not really. You could use both word in this case but we got " Clan " and " Famille " the same way.
In this context, family means close family and clan will be his family + his close friends + trustfull agent etc etc... 

I like that you write exactly how you speak. I can hear your accent when I read your posts.

42 minutes ago, moustic said:

Thanks.  Most English speakers would use "clan" in reference to something perceived to be primitive or tribal.  We'd probably say Pacioretty's "circle" when referring to family + friends + agent. 

51 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

I like that you write exactly how you speak. I can hear your accent when I read your posts.

I picture him somewhere between a snooty maitre'd and Painter Smurf**. 

I'm constantly worried that someone has ruined his masterpiece. 

**This may be too old a reference for this board but I am trying it anyway. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I picture him somewhere between a snooty maitre'd and Painter Smurf**. 

I'm constantly worried that someone has ruined his masterpiece. 

**This may be too old a reference for this board but I am trying it anyway. 

17d7j3.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/74cy42j5xsYrS/200.gif

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Thanks.  Most English speakers would use "clan" in reference to something perceived to be primitive or tribal.  We'd probably say Pacioretty's "circle" when referring to family + friends + agent. 

Circle works as well ! (like " cercle d'amis" ) 

Edited by moustic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2