All purpose general trade speculation thread

Daniel

My 2 cents:

To NJD: EK, Ryan, 2020 conditional 2nd rounder

To OTT: 2019 1st Round or 2nd Round Pick, Clowe, Greene or LJ, one of Josh Jacobs/Blake Speers/Hayes/Noeson/Pietilla/Lappin/non regulars

Santini/McLeod and JQ are protected along with Wood/Bratt/Coleman/Gibbons/regulars

The condition: if EK does not sign, we get the pick

I don't know how EK and Bobby Ryan will play out here, BR is supposedly a slow skater and will affect our top 9.

He could be put on a line with Zajac at best. His speed would affect our top 6 rendering them ineffective.

Add to this, we are getting Wood, Gibbons, Schneider back. Mojo is still up in the air

Edited by Anhkheg

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Bratt, McLeod, Santini, 2018 1st, 2019 1st, Misc Pick

For

EK, Ryan, Misc. Pick

You heard it here first.

1 hour ago, NLinfante said:

Please God, no

That sounds like what they are looking for. But I’m not looking to spend that much on what could be a rental player. 

Take out one of the 1sts and guarantee EK signs here long term, that I might be interested in. 

7 hours ago, SS-SS said:

Evander Kane perhaps? Out of contract this summer. Always had the talent, but its the attitude problems that scare me with this guy. 

Wouldn't really match Shero's plan for this team that he's publicly states, doesn't wanna give up expensive assets (1st Rounders, A-B prospects) for a rental. If we're looking at anyone on Buffalo, I suspect we're looking at someone younger (Reinhart, Girgensons, or Larsson?) or someone cheap (Pouliot, Nolan).

44 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

Wouldn't really match Shero's plan for this team that he's publicly states, doesn't wanna give up expensive assets (1st Rounders, A-B prospects) for a rental. If we're looking at anyone on Buffalo, I suspect we're looking at someone younger (Reinhart, Girgensons, or Larsson?) or someone cheap (Pouliot, Nolan).

I’d take Reinhart or Girgensons in a heartbeat

1 hour ago, CommonDreads said:

If the bottom really drops out on the trade market, I could see Shero going back on his word about rentals and getting Kane.

4 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

As in Adam Larsson? How funny would that sh!t be?

god no to Pouliot under any circumstances. Honestly wouldn't mind Kane as a rental. The guy is playing for a contract next year - not saying  it's here by any means and he brings a heavier game than anybody else we have up front.  I think we have a couple forwards playing where he would be an upgrade on a short term basis only.

Edited by titans04

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

If the bottom really drops out on the trade market, I could see Shero going back on his word about rentals and getting Kane.

I'd imagine the trade market for him isn't that big to begin with. So he could probably be had for a lot less than his on ice play dictates.

2 hours ago, titans04 said:

god no to Pouliot under any circumstances. Honestly wouldn't mind Kane as a rental. The guy is playing for a contract next year - not saying  it's here by any means and he brings a heavier game than anybody else we have up front.  I think we have a couple forwards playing where he would be an upgrade on a short term basis only.

I wouldn’t mind Evander as a rental, but we shoukdnt be renting anyone becsuss we aren’t ready to win. You only trade assets for a ”rental” when you think that rental is extra insurance toward a finals push. That is not the position we are in. Getting a rental player, for us, would be pointless.

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I wouldn’t mind Evander as a rental, but we shoukdnt be renting anyone becsuss we aren’t ready to win. You only trade assets for a ”rental” when you think that rental is extra insurance toward a finals push. That is not the position we are in. Getting a rental player, for us, would be pointless.

would depend on what the ask was to me.  If it's a spare part have at it.

2 hours ago, titans04 said:

would depend on what the ask was to me.  If it's a spare part have at it.

Of course. But the guy is having a great season, they aren’t very likely to trade him away for low value. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I’d be interested in Kane if the Devils think they have a good chance of resigning him. 

At that point, he’s not a ”rental” anymore and I totally agree.

16 hours ago, jagknife said:

well that’s interesting 

there's been a lot of talk between MTL and Minn all year and lately apparently. So it's possible that they were scouting them and not us

but again Chucky has been linked to us since this summer so it's not impossible

Edited by SterioDesign