All purpose general trade speculation thread

Daniel

3 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Ok, my turn to make a fun completely ridiculous Karlsson trade.

To NJ: Sergachev (TB), Bobby Ryan (OTT)

To TB: Karlsson, 2019 2nd round (NJ)

To OTT: 2018 1st round (NJ), Mike McLeod, 2018 2nd round (TB), Conditional 2019 2nd round (TB).

Lots of people talking about a three way deal like you mentioned.  If we’re the team taking Ryan and no salary retained, whatever we give up probably doesn’t include a first.  

I mean i think we could make a Karlsson deal work that wouldn't cripple us that much cause we are really really young and most of our core could be here for a LONG time.

All the bolded players should/could be here and producing at a decent rate for 2-3 more years at the very least. Having Bratt going from a 6th round pick to top 6 right away is also giving us some flexibility, he's basically like getting a free first round pick at this point.

Hall Hischier Bratt
Grabner Zacha Palmieri
Wood Zajac Mojo
Coleman Boyle Noesen 
Gibbons  

Green Vatanen
Moore Severson
Butcher Lovejoy
Muller Santini

Schneider

So say we'd have to send... Severson, McLeod, 2018's 1st and a 2nd... and take Ryan's contract. Sure it sounds like a lot but when we look at our young roster, it's not hitting THAT hard. Knowing that Quenneville is coming up, Zacha is showing signs of becoming something, 3rd and 4th line centres can be obtained somewhat easily through free agency worst come to worst. 

Then other guys like Boqvist, Zetterlund, Bastian, MacDonald, Lappin etc etc all coming up... I feel there won't be a lot of room for those guys up front at least. Zajac and Boyle will be leaving for sure... other than that?

So i feel we have assets and enough our pipeline to live without a first round pick, a roster player and a prospect for sure. IF it's bringing up Karlsson and that we can re-sign him though. There's also a chance we could sign Carlson next summer?

So what would we prefer to ice next season?

This team... and be without a first-round pick and a second

Hall Hischier Bratt
Grabner Zacha Palmieri
Wood Zajac Mojo
Coleman Boyle Ryan
Gibbons  Noesen

Green Karlsson
Moore Vatanen
Butcher Lovejoy
Muller Santini

Schneider

Or this team... with our first-round pick.

Hall Hischier Bratt
Grabner Zacha Palmieri
Wood Zajac Mojo
Coleman Boyle Noesen 
Gibbons  

Green Carlson
Moore Severson
Butcher Vatanen
Muller  Lovejoy Santini

Schneider

I mean it's not that far off...

Edited by SterioDesign

16 minutes ago, Marshall said:

If they sign Carlson they're moving Severson for a LHD of similar age/contract.

There were reports of Shero asking about OEL earlier this season. Chayka says he wants to sign him to an extension, but that's really just a way of saying he wouldn't be traded at the deadline.  So if you sign Carlson, you can trade for OEL where Severson is the main piece.  Don't analytics people love Severson? 

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

There were reports of Shero asking about OEL earlier this season. Chayka says he wants to sign him to an extension, but that's really just a way of saying he wouldn't be traded at the deadline.  So if you sign Carlson, you can trade for OEL where Severson is the main piece.  Don't analytics people love Severson? 

I’d sign up for that.