All purpose general trade speculation thread

Daniel

No complaint over what was paid for Grabner when Nash gets this haul... ugh... 

#NYR have acquired a first-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft, defenseman Ryan Lindgren, forwards Ryan Spooner and Matt Beleskey, and a seventh-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft from the Bruins in exchange for Rick Nash.

Mike Morreale‏ Verified account @mikemorrealeNHL

Ryan Lindgren (LHD) - An asst capt for the U of Minn in just his 2nd yr. Has good defensive awareness/ a propensity for slowing the game down. Represented the U.S. at the past 2 WJC tournaments. The late Jim Johannson thought very highly of Lindgren - a real character kid

Edited by LittleBallofHate
ETA MM tweet

What version of Rick Trash do the Bruins think they're getting?  Guy has 56 goals and 46 assists in 187 GP dating back to the start of the 2015-16 season.  

As much as I hate to say it, the Rangers are doing a good job getting pieces for the future.  Gotta give them credit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

What version of Rick Trash do the Bruins think they're getting?  Guy has 56 goals and 46 assists in 187 GP dating back to the start of the 2015-16 season.  

As much as I hate to say it, the Rangers are doing a good job getting pieces for the future.  Gotta give them credit.

Nash is still a force.  He still has great speed, he's still very strong on the puck, and still has that great shot.  He's still a threat every time he has the puck.  It's definitely a risky trade by Sweeney, and a lot to give up, but it's a risk worth taking if you're the Bruins.

I do think Nash and Spooner are close to equal at this point but with Spooner being an arbitration-eligible player who has only 1 year until UFA eligibility, he doesn't have a ton of value.  If the Rangers buy out Beleskey for Boston, that helps their cap immensely (they go from taking a 2.9M or so hit next season to only $450,000). 

So yeah, I don't love it for Boston, but it's not a massive overpay.  

Another season, another GM that bends over backwards to help the Rangers in a moment of crisis. It's like clockwork at this point. What a ridiculous return for a sh!tty player like Nash. Sweeney just tipped the market over to sellers, good luck to anyone trying to trade for an ACTUALLY good forward between now and Monday afternoon. 

McAvoy and Backes have a point less than Rick Nash this season with fewer games played. Spooner has 3 less points with 21 fewer games played.

Edited by DJ Eco

Just now, DJ Eco said:

Another season, another GM that bends over backwards to help the Rangers in a moment of crisis. It's like clockwork at this point. What a ridiculous return for a sh!tty player like Nash. Sweeney just tipped the market over to sellers, good luck to anyone trying to trade for an ACTUALLY good forward between now and Monday afternoon.

It's always a sellers' market at the deadline because there are always more buyers than sellers.

7 minutes ago, Triumph said:

It's always a sellers' market at the deadline because there are always more buyers than sellers.

I don't know, after the Brassard trade and the Grabner trade, it didn't look like things would be this lop-sided. I absolutely hate this deal for Boston.

2 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

I don't know, after the Brassard trade and the Grabner trade, it didn't look like things would be this lop-sided. I absolutely hate this deal for Boston.

That's because you've spent 6 years hating Rick Nash.  I look at it this way:

Nash and Spooner are of equal value

Dumping Beleskey at 50% and having the Rangers retain 50% of Nash costs a 1st round pick and Lindgren

12 minutes ago, Triumph said:

That's because you've spent 6 years hating Rick Nash.  I look at it this way:

Nash and Spooner are of equal value

Dumping Beleskey at 50% and having the Rangers retain 50% of Nash costs a 1st round pick and Lindgren

So DJ Eco is right...it's a terrible deal for Boston.