All purpose general trade speculation thread

Daniel

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I doubt it... Hynes said recently he's 'out of shape'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hadn't heard that. Interesting. Kind of good news bad news, good news he has the potential to be better, bad news is why the fvck are you not in shape trying to make the NHL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

hadn't heard that. Interesting. Kind of good news bad news, good news he has the potential to be better, bad news is why the fvck are you not in shape trying to make the NHL.

I'm guessing Q won't be here for too much longer...if he survives the 2019 trade deadline, I'll be surprised.  Think he'll be a throw-in in some trade (like Blandisi was).  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Brown said:

I wonder if she knows what it actually means.  She was also married to a guy who played for the Devils, and is a NJ native herself.  She could be a closet Devils fan for all we know.

She's 100% a Devils fan. I remember hearing her on the Puck Soup podcast and she let out pretty early in the episode that she's been a lifelong fan of the team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now Vegas is said to be in on Karlsson, which actually makes a ton of sense.  They’ve got three recent first round picks, a ton of picks over the next three years and a lot of cap space.

The owners must be drooling over this.  Imagine if Vegas wins the Cup, the expansion fee for Seattle just goes through the roof.  I almost wonder if that is entering into Melnyk’s calculus here.

And a related question, would it be kind of a clown show if an expansion team won a championship in its first year?  I know the idea was to make them competitive, but it does speak to something else about the league if it actually wins a championship immediately and without a generational talent by virtue of getting the first pick in the draft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Now Vegas is said to be in on Karlsson, which actually makes a ton of sense.  They’ve got three recent first round picks, a ton of picks over the next three years and a lot of cap space.

The owners must be drooling over this.  Imagine if Vegas wins the Cup, the expansion fee for Seattle just goes through the roof.  I almost wonder if that is entering into Melnyk’s calculus here.

And a related question, would it be kind of a clown show if an expansion team won a championship in its first year?  I know the idea was to make them competitive, but it does speak to something else about the league if it actually wins a championship immediately and without a generational talent by virtue of getting the first pick in the draft.

Not sure if it does speak something else about the league... But it does speak about how TERRIBLE the Oilers management is lol they've been pilling up first overall picks and top 5 picks year after year, la crème de la crème and they can't get their sh!t together...

Vegas gets a bunch of average players and make the playoffs the first year. And not only make the playoffs... may win the freagin president trophy lolol

• Like 1

Is Alex Edler a fit here? And I wonder if Shero is looking into this?

Will be 32 and is under contract for next year as well.

i don't know, just throwing these names out there.......... Moore, Santini and another minor leaguer or draft pick enough to get it done? And would you want to do this?

8 hours ago, Daniel said:

I hope they get him without blowing up the current roster. Like SD said, its a bunch of castoffs who are playing with a chip on their shoulder and haven't lost sight of the fact their respective teams didn't want them.

The expansion fee is set already at $650m, I believe. I don't think they'll be able to jack it up because of Vegas' success.

Its more of a clown show for the Oilers or Sabres of the league, not so much a black eye on the rest of it or even as a whole. Outside of their everyday roster, the Vegas farm system cupboard is relatively bare with next generation talent.

I hope, for their sake, they continue their success, cause when the bottom falls out a few years down the road, they'll need the fan support. I do think this is the best way to bring new franchises into the league, the way Columbus, Minnesota, Florida, et al came in were kind of brutal. Florida's run was great for the team, the problem was they couldn't sustain it thanks to inept ownership.

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Wow because of Lou? Does he only allow it in the playoffs?  Our guys used to have goatees/facial hair in the playoffs...

Yeah only in the playoffs. Lou was always unnecessarily strict. Elias even made reference to Lou having a problem with his hair during the jersey retirement speech. I think he was referring to the blonde thing he did for a while

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yeah only in the playoffs. Lou was always unnecessarily strict. Elias even made reference to Lou having a problem with his hair during the jersey retirement speech. I think he was referring to the blonde thing he did for a while

Ha, I didn't catch that part.  I guess I never really noticed.  I do have a good friend though who used to work for the Devils doing ticket sales and he did tell me that he had to shave every day.