All purpose general trade speculation thread

Daniel

Just now, Lateralous said:

Interesting.  You would think a guy with Sergachev's production on an ELC would be almost untouchable.   

He could have been the main piece in a Karlsson deal without Bobby Ryan, so I find it hard to believe he's part of the deal, but we'll see.

Some info on Maroon:

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/twitter-reacts-as-edmonton-oilers-trade-patrick-maroon-to-new-jersey

Just now, mfitz804 said:

That was my take on it as well. But it definitely cuts their payroll which it seems is what they are trying to accomplish. 

I wonder how Shattenkirk is enjoying playing for those winners.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, '7' said:

I don't see how the Rangers got fleeced. Good prospects, a 1st and a conditional 2nd. And Namestnikov who is a good player.

I get the impression Tampa sold high on Namestnikov, he's maybe a 40 point guy who got a big lift from playing on the same line as two Art Ross contenders this season. Yzerman was a bit of a snake oil salesman in this considering what he could have given up.

"Why have Cal Foote when I can interest you in a "way better" and "exotic" Libor Hajek?"