Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

All purpose general trade speculation thread

Recommended Posts

Melnyk would be forced to sell the team if the main piece coming back in a Karlsson trade is Santini or Zacha. I don't care if you're offloading Ryan, it'd be one of the most egregious trades ever




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Derlique said:

Melnyk would be forced to sell the team if the main piece coming back in a Karlsson trade is Santini or Zacha. I don't care if you're offloading Ryan, it'd be one of the most egregious trades ever

But Melnyk is the owner, and he seems to have it in his head that Ottawa fans should be grateful for his very presence.

Other thing to note is that a Ryan buy out could probably wait until Hall gets his new contract unless he's on LTIR by that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

But Melnyk is the owner, and he seems to have it in his head that Ottawa fans should be grateful for his very presence.

Other thing to note is that a Ryan buy out could probably wait until Hall gets his new contract unless he's on LTIR by that point.

I might even wait another year after that. I bet teams will get more compliance buyouts next negotiations. 

Ryan would also be a useful piece here for the next 2-3 years. He is horribly overpaid and oft-injured, but NJ could use another top-9 right winger

Edited by Derlique

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Derlique said:

I might even wait another year after that. I bet teams will get more compliance buyouts next negotiations. 

Ryan would also be a useful piece here for the next 2-3 years. He is horribly overpaid and oft-injured, but NJ could use another top-9 winger

He’s probably not even a top 9 winger, except by virtue of the fact that he could just be on an NHL team and have to play somewhere.  Ottawa fans will tell you that he basically can’t shoot the puck anymore because his hands are so shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daniel said:

He’s probably not even a top 9 winger, except by virtue of the fact that he could just be on an NHL team and have to play somewhere.  Ottawa fans will tell you that he basically can’t shoot the puck anymore because his hands are so shot.

FWIW, he has 20 pts in 39 games. That is 40+ point pace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sens don't have a first or second this year, according to capfriendly. I'm sure gaining either or both of those would be huge for them. I wouldn't mind sending a 2018 or 2019 first as part of a package, but it would be lottery protected and I would also put conditions on EK resigning in two years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone else get a “Kovalchuk” vibe to this trade? Something we’ve kicked around for months, occasionally noted in the media we’d be a good fit.... I remember that trade being so unbelievably shocking but something we all “called” well in advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we absolutely can't send Zacha AND McLeod... our depth at center would be gone. Quenneville might be able to pick up a bit of up but we'll need someone for when we can somehow get rid of Zajac in a few years

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Severson-Zacha-McLeod and 2 1st round picks for a guy who’s had injury concerns and has 1 year left on his contract before he breaks the record for most expensive defenseman ever. Go FVCK yourself EJ.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Does anyone else get a “Kovalchuk” vibe to this trade? Something we’ve kicked around for months, occasionally noted in the media we’d be a good fit.... I remember that trade being so unbelievably shocking but something we all “called” well in advance. 

i still remember where i was and all when it was announced. I remember being shocked, happy but insanely nervous cause there was rumours that Elias was part of the deal. Refreshing like a motherfvcker to see what the return was. Then i remembered being like "oh? thats it?"

Edited by SterioDesign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

i still remember where i was and all when it was announced. I remember being shocked, happy but insanely nervous cause there was rumours that Elias was part of the deal. Refreshing like a motherfvcker to see what the return was. Then i remembered being like "oh? thats it?"

I was 100% certain that tedenby was going the other way and I would have jumped off a cliff. He was the chosen one. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I was 100% certain that tedenby was going the other way and I would have jumped off a cliff. He was the chosen one. 

Sweden is attempting to atone for the disappointment of Bergfores, Tedenby, and Josefson with the real deal Bratt

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NLinfante said:

The Sens don't have a first or second this year, according to capfriendly. I'm sure gaining either or both of those would be huge for them. I wouldn't mind sending a 2018 or 2019 first as part of a package, but it would be lottery protected and I would also put conditions on EK resigning in two years.

The Sens will almost certainly have their first rounder this year, since as part of the Duchene deal, it was protected if it turns into a top ten pick, which looks very, very likely.  So it'll slide to next year where I don't think it's lottery protected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The Sens will almost certainly have their first rounder this year, since as part of the Duchene deal, it was protected if it turns into a top ten pick, which looks very, very likely.  So it'll slide to next year where I don't think it's lottery protected.

Correct; I missed the conditional part the first time I read it. Doesn't change anything though for NJ. Hopefully NJ's first rounder this year will be middle of the pack (or maybe even lower) and nowhere near the lottery, 2019's I would lottery protect but also insist that EK stays for the gobs and gobs of money that he'll earn. 

Certainly I don't agree with EJ that a team will have to send both first rounders. Either or.

Edited by NLinfante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too much. Severson, Zacha OR McLeod, one 1st and maybe a 2nd is as high as I’d go. Maybe add Zetterlund or Boqvist. Without the guarantee of re-signing him that would hurt our future too much. Plus his injury should be a concern as he has not returned to his normal self yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think Shero will trade young assets for Karlsson. He has a plan for this team, and he isn't going to throw young pieces away for Karlsson imo. Injury issues, might not even stay here long-term. We also have Hall, Hischier, etc. to re-sign soon enough. 

Edited by Devs3cups

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

 

 

 


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

Seems like a fair trade for both sides. Holden is decent but being asked to do too much this year (much like Lovejoy for us last year) 3rd rounders are more miss than hit. Not sure about this O'Gara guy but he's already 24 with not much offense to his game.

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seems like a fair trade for both sides. Holden is decent but being asked to do too much this year (much like Lovejoy for us last year) 3rd rounders are miss than hit. Not sure about this O'Gara guy but he's already 24 with not much offense to his game.

I'm beginning to think we could get a 3 for Lovejoy if we were so inclined....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Severson-Zacha-McLeod and 2 1st round picks for a guy who’s had injury concerns and has 1 year left on his contract before he breaks the record for most expensive defenseman ever. Go FVCK yourself EJ.

100% agree with this, what the fvck is EJ smoking?

Good lord I hope Shero laughs and hangs the phone up if this is the cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to keep Severson. Landing EK and keeping Severson helps out alot. Could round our top 4:

EK-Vatanen

Severson-Butcher

Allows us to put Greene properly where he should be and interchange Mueller/Moore etc.

 

Won't happen though..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:


I'm beginning to think we could get a 3 for Lovejoy if we were so inclined....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt it - Lovejoy has another year on his deal.  Also, the Devils really shouldn't be dealing any defensemen.  They might have 8 guys they like, but that's all they have - past Santini in the minors, it's Jacobs on the right side and on the left it's Brian Strait.  The Devils have been remarkably lucky when it comes to defenseman injuries this season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I doubt it - Lovejoy has another year on his deal.  Also, the Devils really shouldn't be dealing any defensemen.  They might have 8 guys they like, but that's all they have - past Santini in the minors, it's Jacobs on the right side and on the left it's Brian Strait.  The Devils have been remarkably lucky when it comes to defenseman injuries this season.

Re: your last sentence there- *KNOCKS ON WOOD*.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×