All purpose general trade speculation thread

Daniel

17 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Zuccarello is one thing, but it's hard to imagine the Rangers trading McDonagh. Then again, if the NYR are in rebuild mode and it doesn't look good for the near future, I can't imagine him re-signing there after next season. They might have to part ways. 

everyone seems to think mcdonagh is getting traded

Spooner on the Rangers is a nice pickup.  Lindgren is also a solid prospect.  He won’t be the next McDonagh, but he should settle in somewhere on the 2nd pair eventually.  

I think if the Rangers decide to move McDonagh and Zuccarello they will want a 1 and a top prospect.  McDonagh probably costs an additional prospect or high pick.

They will be a bad team again next year and likely a marginal team the year after but if done right they can have a quick rebuild.

2 minutes ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

prices seem high, Ray did well to get Grabner for what he did.

Disagree.  Only high price paid so far is the Nash deal and there’s salary cap ramifications that inflated the return.

The Brassard deal to me was a bit of a steal.

i think we see some surprising trades tomorrow.

Seen alot of talk on HF from Ranger fans, wanting to possibly flip Spooner for a pick and player. Don't think it's entirely realistic but I don't think the Rags are done moving yet. I will say this, I firmly believe Zucs isn't traded. He doesn't want to be either. Also something something about Nash resigning with the Rags in the off-season, lol. 

12 minutes ago, CarterforPresident said:

Seen alot of talk on HF from Ranger fans, wanting to possibly flip Spooner for a pick and player. Don't think it's entirely realistic but I don't think the Rags are done moving yet. I will say this, I firmly believe Zucs isn't traded. He doesn't want to be either. Also something something about Nash resigning with the Rags in the off-season, lol. 

I agree that's what they should do.

1 minute ago, fsu1852 said:

Columbus Blue JacketsVerified account @BlueJacketsNHL

CBJNHL_2017_2018_BlueJackets.png have acquired center Mark Letestu from the Nashville Predators in exchange for a 2018 fourth round selection.

Listening to the Preds vs Blues game at the office and they said the first part of the trade was Pontus Aberg for Letestu.   I guess they're freeing up a roster spot for something else?