All purpose general trade speculation thread

Daniel

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Tampa vs. Smashville in the finals, can we just skip ahead?

Hey fvck that sh!t.  We beat them twice.  :) 

But actually, it very well could be us vs them in the first round.  I obviously want the Devils to win, but if the Lightning go as far as they could/should, I'm in for a treat this post-season no matter what.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarterforPresident said:

Realize like 7 more trades happened when everyone said today was a dud. Lol.

He can score as well.

14 goals this year. 30 points. UFA this summer, could keep him around for a few years with a fair cap hit (around 2 mil. probably) to play 3rd line minutes with coleman or Noesen that will stay around I believe etc. Not bad.

1 minute ago, mikemarc1 said:

Kind of bummed Devils stayed put, it seems. 

Not a realistic championship roster. Thought Shero would go all in after Grabner trade...oh well. At least we didn’t trade our future away. 

No move(s) today were going to make the Devils a "realistic championship roster".  You have some kids who will be gaining valuable experience this season, but aren't necessarily ready to light it up come playoff time.  This season was never about trying to win a Cup.  But they are on their way to building a window where they can be in the mix for one.  This team finished last season with 70 friggin' points.  Look where they are now. 

And as you know Shero just brought in Maroon.  That's two veteran forwards that have been pretty productive over the last couple of seasons.  Not bad.