GDT: 1/4/18 Devils @ Stars

CommonDreads

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Can the ref bashers note that this weak call went our way? Cause obviously when you don't acknowledge that and only remember the times it goes against you and then you end up thinking there's a conspiracy for realz lol

Let this sink in. 

We just scored a PPG on a weak call that went our way. Let it sink in. 

Go back a page

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Can the ref bashers note that this weak call went our way? Cause obviously when you don't acknowledge that and only remember the times it goes against you and then you end up thinking there's a conspiracy for realz lol

I acknowledge it, but I would still rater the put the whistles somewhere they can't blow them...mouths included.

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

Not sure what point you’re trying to make; we’re now 1-for-1 at weak calls tonight but like 1-15 the last few games. 

“Ref bashers” have a valid argument. I don’t think anyone actually believes that the NHL is conspiring against NJ for any bizarre reason; but it’s undeniable that we’ve gotten fvcked the last week.

The Caps scored with 6 players on the ice. All 6 players celebrated in the huddle. The NHL official instagram/twitter account tweeted a video of the goal with a caption saying how sick it was. Let THAT sink in.

Yeah refs are missing stuff it happens all the time. We got fvcked against Washington 100%, they missed it.

The problem is fans only making a big deal out of it when it goes against them. Both Hall and Mojo we're indeed offside. So i'm not sure why people are acting like we were robbed of anything. The refs actually ruled the play onside when it happened. It's only when it was challenged and that they saw it was offside that they overturned the decision.

Also yes lol a poster actually started a topic here suggesting that coaches would challenge against us more knowing that it's likely gonna go against us. lol 

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah refs are missing stuff it happens all the time. We got fvcked against Washington 100%, they missed it.

The problem is fans only making a big deal out of it when it goes against them. Both Hall and Mojo we're indeed offside. So i'm not sure why people are acting like we were robbed of anything. The refs actually ruled the play onside when it happened. It's only when it was challenged and that they saw it was offside that they overturned the decision.

Also yes lol a poster actually started a topic here suggesting that coaches would challenge against us more knowing that it's likely gonna go against us. lol 

What is your point? The refs have judged against us quite a bit lately and fans are upset. Did anyone say we never get power plays? We've got 3 tonight due to weak calls..and mind you two of those PPs totaled less than a minute. Don't start bashing fans over being upset.

Edited by devlman

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

MoJo I’ll give you, but I have yet to see any angle that proves Hall was offsides.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

MoJo I’ll give you, but I have yet to see any angle that proves Hall was offsides.

the thing with Hall (and mojo actually) is that they were not in full control of the puck. That's the reason it was called offside and nobody seem to accept that. It's not as much about where the puck and the skate was.

If Hall would have been fully controlling the puck it would have been fine. But the puck was in the air and he was pivoting so... not fully in control

Edited by SterioDesign

Just now, SterioDesign said:

the thing with Hall (and mojo actually) is that they were not in full control of the puck. That's the reason it was called offside and nobody seem to accept that. It's not as much about where the puck and the skate was.

I think Hall was, but Johansson wasn’t. That’s the difference to me. 

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

He tipped the puck to himself. He was in control of that puck.

oh, and HIS FVCKING SKATE WASNT OFFSIDES. 

I cant actually believe this is an argument I’m having with a Devils fan!

Well some fans are not wearing blinders. Sorry to break the comfort of your confirmation bias environment. 

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

If Hall would have been fully controlling the puck it would have been fine. But the puck was in the air and he was pivoting so... not fully in control

The puck was in the zone before the right skate broke the blue line

Just now, Anhkheg said:

Either way, it wasnt conclusive, but I've posted some screen shots that show MoJo was onside in the last GDT post. If it was conclusive, refs wouldve called it right away and we wouldnt be disagreeing on this matter.

That’s what LaGreca was upset most about on the Game Misconduct podcast: the fact reviews were implemented for egregious missed calls. Not to microscopically dissect possible close calls.

The fact it took over 5 minutes and still wasn’t conclusive was sh!t