GDT: NJ @ NYI 1:00 Barclays

Jerzey

Just now, SterioDesign said:

as i said the Washington goal was a black on white rule so they 100% missed it. Shouldnt have been a goal. We got robbed on that one

Hall was offside to me cause the puck was in the air so he was not "in control" of the puck or carrying it over the blue line. That's how i perceive that rule anyway and it seem to be the same way they saw it. Even Hall said he was okay with the call and he knew he was probably offside.

Mojo same thing he was not carrying the puck over the blue line, was not in control. What bothers me tho is how long it took. So by definition it was offside but you shouldnt be able to wait this long to call it. So IMO that rule should be reviewed.

The interference there... Halak was inside of his post (so in the crease) and was pushed by Palms making contact with him and slide all the way to the side of the net and couldnt come back in time. So to me that's by definition interference. It's always blury cause sometimes players are getting pushed into the goalie and they don't call or call it. It's a very inconsistent rule that's what's infuriating. Players don't know what they are allowed or not. So i could have seen this one going either way really cause Palms didnt do it on purpose obviously but the contact was still what made Halak get out of position. 

Can we at least agree that those were very debatable calls? It was certainly not black on white. And as fans were going to see it the way we want to see it cause we want it to go our way. Personally i grew sick of that attitude seeing it so much with Habs fans that i'm always making sure that i'm not looking at situations like this with blinders. Cause then who cares about your opinion if you're not fair and biased? 

Yes we can agree these are debateable calls. That's exactly the point. And the Devils are not getting the calls. So why are you coming on here and scolding fans for being upset with the no-goals? How is that wearing blinders? It's sounds like you are just trying to disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I'm absolutely just incredulous at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s gotten to a point where u just shake ur head and wonder how it’s gonna happen next. Like I don’t even believe the Devils have scored anymore when I get the notification on my phone if I’m not watching the game

Edited by Bonginator11
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

I've been saying this for half this season: It has to do with the fact that the Devils are beating expectations and this team doesn't get good ratings and they're not a feel good story. So the NHL has to come up with some ratfvckery so the Devils slip out of playoff contention.

Last to first is absolutely a feel good story. As is Boyle having such a strong year. I don’t believe there’s any conspiracy going on, just terrible officiating. 

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

as i said the Washington goal was a black on white rule so they 100% missed it. Shouldnt have been a goal. We got robbed on that one

Hall was offside to me cause the puck was in the air so he was not "in control" of the puck or carrying it over the blue line. That's how i perceive that rule anyway and it seem to be the same way they saw it. Even Hall said he was okay with the call and he knew he was probably offside.

Mojo same thing he was not carrying the puck over the blue line, was not in control. What bothers me tho is how long it took. So by definition it was offside but you shouldnt be able to wait this long to call it. So IMO that rule should be reviewed.

The interference there... Halak was inside of his post (so in the crease) and was pushed by Palms making contact with him and slide all the way to the side of the net and couldnt come back in time. So to me that's by definition interference. It's always blury cause sometimes players are getting pushed into the goalie and they don't call or call it. It's a very inconsistent rule that's what's infuriating. Players don't know what they are allowed or not. So i could have seen this one going either way really cause Palms didnt do it on purpose obviously but the contact was still what made Halak get out of position. 

Can we at least agree that those were very debatable calls? It was certainly not black on white. And as fans were going to see it the way we want to see it cause we want it to go our way. Personally i grew sick of that attitude seeing it so much with Habs fans that i'm always making sure that i'm not looking at situations like this with blinders. Cause then who cares about your opinion if you're not fair and biased? 

People have been furious with the fact, as you literally just said, none have been black and white. The purpose of the rule is to prove in black and white the play should be called differently. Three goals where it was on the ice good goals, challenged and without being to definitively prove the calls should be overturned, were anyway.

What do you expect a player like Hall to do? Blow up to the press and hold a grudge? He's a leader, he leads by example and by him saying he's okay with it, he takes the burden off of his teammates to not have to defend the call. It took the question out of the reports arsenal and he owned it.

If either of the three were 100% clear, hell yeah I wouldn't be upset over them. But the fact not a single one was clearly offsides or interference, they, by the definition of the rule, should not have been overturned.

Just now, Neb00rs said:

Yes we can agree these are debateable calls. That's exactly the point. And the Devils are not getting the calls. So why are you coming on here and scolding fans for being upset with the no-goals? How is that wearing blinders? It's sounds like you are just trying to disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

Not my intention at all. I'm just trying to put in perspective that there's no conspiracy cause an attitude like that is turning a fanbase into sh!t real fast and it kills the experience of watching an hockey game. Every call going your way you don't say a thing then ANYTHING going against you you get infuriated by the minute. And while some of those calls may be infuriating indeed (like Woods getting hit in the face with a stick RIGHT IN FRONT of the refs and no calls... that's something they missed and its frustrating) but then you start getting pissed off at small things that are not penalties like... a guy getting knocked down and you go "AHHHH OF COURSE WE JUST TOUCH THEM AND IT'S A PENALTY BUT BRATT IS SHOVE DOWN AND NO CALL" lol we see it all the time. 

Who wants to be a loaded gun watching sports.. on purpose? It's not healthy for anyone involve. Is it what you want this board to become? a bunch of infuriated posters bitching all the time? There's a way to be a classy fan base

5 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Its really like the parent who goes overboard with the punishment and tries to extend the half hearted olive branch after the fact.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I used to love watching Gibbons/Coleman on the ice. Now I just go to the bathroom.

At least Coleman is a PK beast, Gibbons isn’t bring much right now. I’m sure nobody expected him to keep up the scoring pace he was on, but man did his game fall off a cliff. 

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

People have been furious with the fact, as you literally just said, none have been black and white. The purpose of the rule is to prove in black and white the play should be called differently. Three goals where it was on the ice good goals, challenged and without being to definitively prove the calls should be overturned, were anyway.

What do you expect a player like Hall to do? Blow up to the press and hold a grudge? He's a leader, he leads by example and by him saying he's okay with it, he takes the burden off of his teammates to not have to defend the call. It took the question out of the reports arsenal and he owned it.

If either of the three were 100% clear, hell yeah I wouldn't be upset over them. But the fact not a single one was clearly offsides or interference, they, by the definition of the rule, should not have been overturned.

well i get that dude. But seriously if i was a ref having to make those calls, no matter who the teams were, that's how i would of called them. After watching the replay i said Hall was offside, i was not happy about it but thats how i saw it. Same with Mojo and same with this Halak interference. I'm not disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing, it's just the way i would of called it and it just happen to be how the league saw it too. 

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Not my intention at all. I'm just trying to put in perspective that there's no conspiracy cause an attitude like that is turning a fanbase into sh!t real fast and it kills the experience of watching an hockey game. Every call going your way you don't say a thing then ANYTHING going against you you get infuriated by the minute. And while some of those calls may be infuriating indeed (like Woods getting hit in the face with a stick RIGHT IN FRONT of the refs and no calls... that's something they missed and its frustrating) but then you start getting pissed off at small things that are not penalties like... a guy getting knocked down and you go "AHHHH OF COURSE WE JUST TOUCH THEM AND IT'S A PENALTY BUT BRATT IS SHOVE DOWN AND NO CALL" lol we see it all the time. 

Who wants to be a loaded gun watching sports.. on purpose? It's not healthy for anyone involve. Is it what you want this board to become? a bunch of infuriated posters bitching all the time? There's a way to be a classy fan base

I'm so confused, are u now arguing thet the refs have actually fvcked up EVEN MORE than just the no-goals? Weird line of argument you're taking here after accusing all of us of wearing blinders a few minutes ago.

Pretty sure this board isn't getting pissed at every call that doesn't go our way, just when we lose three goals in a week.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I used to love watching Gibbons/Coleman on the ice. Now I just go to the bathroom.

He’s been holier than thou since he came to this board. I was excited when he came back, and then I remembered what an intolerable cvnt he is. Go Habs go.

You need to chill. Its Ok if someone has a different opinion about a call. Use the ignore feature if you can't taker another poster anymore

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So you've decided to help us be a classy fanbase? Thanks... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

well i get that dude. But seriously if i was a ref having to make those calls, no matter who the teams were, that's how i would of called them. After watching the replay i said Hall was offside, i was not happy about it but thats how i saw it. Same with Mojo and same with this Halak interference. I'm not disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing, it's just the way i would of called it and it just happen to be how the league saw it too. 

And yet not one of those was black and white. That's the point. But hey, I'm irrational for being pissed.

• Like 1