Half Season Discussion

SterioDesign

Thinking back to the off season when we were not sure if we wanted ilya kovalchuk to come back or to sign him and trade him.  This season is SO MUCH better than I had expected.  Enjoying the ride.

I wonder if Ilya now regrets his choice of staying in Russia with the Olympics a distant dream for Russia?  Who care screw him! HA

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

Thinking back to the off season when we were not sure if we wanted ilya kovalchuk to come back or to sign him and trade him.  This season is SO MUCH better than I had expected.  Enjoying the ride.

I wonder if Ilya now regrets his choice of staying in Russia with the Olympics a distant dream for Russia?  Who care screw him! HA

Guess it all depends on how much another KHL championship means to him.  He's playing on another stacked team...his team's goal differential is +116 through 49 GP. 

I still think if he ever comes back to the NHL, he won't make it through a season...he's used to having the odds comfortably slugged in his favor now on a game-by-game basis...his team has gone a combined 90-12-9 and has outscored the opposition 453-200 in the past two seasons.  I don't think he'll respond to any unexpected adversity well at this stage of his hockey existence...I could see him saying "fvck it, why do I need this sh!t?!" about halfway though an NHL season, even more so now than I though before.  He should just stick to the K and enjoy not dealing with any real challenges...seems to suit him perfectly.

https://www.nhl.com/app/news/brock-boeser-midseason-favorite-for-nhl-calder-trophy/c-294783282?tid=277729400

NHL.com writers gave Nico, Butcher, and Bratt top 5 Calder votes, but Nico finished highest at 6th, behind Boeser, Barzal, McAvoy, Keller, and Sergachev. Obviously no one else out of this last draft class, though. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

https://www.nhl.com/app/news/brock-boeser-midseason-favorite-for-nhl-calder-trophy/c-294783282?tid=277729400

NHL.com writers gave Nico, Butcher, and Bratt top 5 Calder votes, but Nico finished highest at 6th, behind Boeser, Barzal, McAvoy, Keller, and Sergachev. Obviously no one else out of this last draft class, though. 

Top two seems pretty accurate thus far. 

7 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

Nico is somehow flying under the radar. 9th in the league in 5v5 primary assists per 60. That's pretty much the most accurate gauge of playmaking ability and execution, and the motherfvcker is 19. He sits directly behind Johnny hockey, and not far behind. 

They are always going to look at total scoring before they look at something like that. 

12 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Is the Fatty's in Lauderdale still open? They just closed my favorite location in Coconut Grove (Miami)

Yes as of last week, A bit of a tourist trap, but Beach place has a great view!!! 190 Octane should cure my withdrawals..

• Like 1

Ok so I know this is off topic but since the last few posts have been about FL, don't kill me...

Some may know I live on the southwest coast of Florida. I may be going to the Wings-Panthers game in a few weeks with a friend who's from Michigan.  He already has tickets with his girlfriend, so when me and another guy were looking online for tickets for ourselves, we were surprised to see that they're as cheap as 15-20 bucks.  Not that alarming considering Bolts tickets were sometimes that cheap 10 years ago when they sucked, but still, that's cheap.  Here's the kicker though - for sh!ts and grins we looked at tickets to the Panthers Canucks game the day before (or after, cant remember)...the price?  $7!  WHAT? 

24 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I paid $35 per ticket for 4 rows from of the ice in game 7 @ Florida in 2011. 

Sat in an all-inclusive club seats (free drink and food) for $25 this year against the Blues, and then some ticket rep comes and let’s me ride on the Zamboni during intermission and gave me 2 free vouchers to any upcoming game in club seats. For zero fvcking reason.

place doesn’t sell dude.

I guess, then, it wasn’t zero fvcking reason. 

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Sat in an all-inclusive club seats (free drink and food) for $25 this year against the Blues, and then some ticket rep comes and let’s me ride on the Zamboni during intermission and gave me 2 free vouchers to any upcoming game in club seats. For zero fvcking reason.

place doesn’t sell dude.

That’s brutal, and I mean more brutal than it looks on TV.  I guess it’s just the cache of the South Florida market that will keep them there, since only turning into an Oilers like dynasty is ever going to lack of fan interest.  Haven’t the local papers pretty much stopped covering them?

Don't you guys remember the story of the Canucks fan who bought Panthers season tickets because they were so cheap (like under $200) and came with an authentic jersey? I think he gave them all away, until he decided to hop on a plane and catch a game. He said he emailed the team about how he was a huge fan living in Vancouver and had season tickets, and the owner met with him when he went down. He had a picture of him with the Cats owner. It went viral a few years ago. 

I'm never surprised at ticket prices anymore. I've paid as little as $25 to see the Devils in Philly, and have at times not been able to go to weekday games because they were $80+. I've paid $15 for games at the Rock, and I've dropped $40 for crap games. I've gotten Phils tickets for $2.50 and seen St. Joe's basketball tickets go for $175. You can't see Monmouth basketball for less than $15, and aside from the last 2 seasons, they've pretty much always been terrible in a mid major conference. 

The sports ticket market is so arbitrary.

10 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

place doesn’t sell dude.

Damn.  I went to, pretty sure it was Game 2 (btw, you mean 2012 I'm assuming, right?), and sat in the 200s, and although I don't remember exactly what I paid for the tickets, I don't think it was any less than 35.  It may have even been like 40-50 per ticket.  Who knows.  But it sounds like you got a great deal, regardless of how easily they are giving away tickets.  

When I lived in Boca, I used to go to Panthers games quite often, just because it was so cheap and only like a 20 minute drive down the Sawgrass. Plus the tickets usually came with free food or something. You could tell on TV that they piped in crowd noise when the Panthers scored, because it was never that loud at the arena when they scored. Usually louder for the visiting team, especially if it was a team from the Northeast.

14 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Free tickets + parking + free food and drink to a random dude sitting in $25 seats doesn’t seem like the best business model. 

March 1st, Hope I can find good seats that cheap!!! I will be there regardless. Only visit this year from my team!! Lets Go Devils!!!!!