Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

GDT: Caps @ Devils 7:00 PM

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Plus, 2 KK starts, 2 wins...somehow.

That's helped.  Maybe a regulation loss last night changes things. 

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think it's the bolded.  If he's not 100%, let him get better. 

I guess so.  Cory lost to these a$$holes a week ago, so let's see if Kinkaid can get them.

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think it's the bolded.  If he's not 100%, let him get better. 

per Andrew Gross:

Cory Schneider said he woke up this morning and wasn't feeling well again. Also, needed stitches behind his left ear after getting whacked on the bench last night by a Caps' stick, believe it was Brooks Orpik.

And they didn't show him getting whacked with the stick on the MSG broadcast.  But he's  lost some weight from the bug he has plus took a shot in head.  Rough couple of days.

Just now, Jersey Sure said:

per Andrew Gross:

And they didn't show him getting whacked with the stick on the MSG broadcast.  But he's  lost some weight from the bug he has plus took a shot in head.  Rough couple of days.

Jesus H, re:  getting whacked by a stick on the bench...talk about sh!tty fvcking luck...get well Cory!

3 minutes ago, Jersey Sure said:

per Andrew Gross:

Wtf.  That's some sh!t about getting hit in the head with a stick while you're on the bench.  Figures it would happen to our goaltender, and the starter no less.  

He must have some death flu or something, for him to be sick for the better part of a week.  Oh well.  Let's go Kinkaid!

15 minutes ago, Jersey Sure said:

per Andrew Gross:

I had to watch the Caps feed and they showed him getting whacked.  They showed him also come back to the bench and it didn't appear he had stitches but I guess he did.

Somehow, despite his horrible stats, the team is 7-3-2 with Kinkaid in net so, regardless of how it's getting done I'll take it. Nice to collect points with a clearly insufficient goaltender back there. If he could get back to playing like he did a year ago then I'd have more confidence in him.

6 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

Somehow, despite his horrible stats, the team is 7-3-2 with Kinkaid in net so, regardless of how it's getting done I'll take it. Nice to collect points with a clearly insufficient goaltender back there. If he could get back to playing like he did a year ago then I'd have more confidence in him.

The last two wins weren't exactly goaltender displays. Both games were total and absolute domination by the Devils, the second made a lot closer due to a sub-par goaltender.

17 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

The last two wins weren't exactly goaltender displays. Both games were total and absolute domination by the Devils, the second made a lot closer due to a sub-par goaltender.

Yeah, I was pretty mad in real life at the game. Couldn't even get hyped for the Ric Flair montage. Luckily Taylor Hall exists and all was forgiven.

1 hour ago, Steven M. said:

KK's made 11 starts this season...he's truly been all over the place.  His save% for each start, ranked from best to worst:

.962, .935, .931, .912, .909, .886, .882, .872, .852, .842, .815

At least the team has managed to come away with a nice point% in his games so far.

5 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Not the greatest angle but you can see Cory getting clipped here: 

really careless of dickhead Orpik swinging his stick that wildly, player is supposed to control their stick

Just now, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

really careless of dickhead Orpik swinging his stick that wildly, player is supposed to control their stick

Can you get a penalty for high sticking a dude on the bench?

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Haha, at least get something for having zero control of your stick

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I guess for something pretty egregious you could get an unsportsmanlike conduct

Either way, bad day at the office. Getting over being sick (sounds like flu), you try to do the right thing and show up to ride the bench, and you leave with stitches.

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

KK's made 11 starts this season...he's truly been all over the place.  His save% for each start, ranked from best to worst:

.962, .935, .931, .912, .909, .886, .882, .872, .852, .842, .815

At least the team has managed to come away with a nice point% in his games so far.

Yeah... Hall's well that ends well as they say

Hopefully he can continue that tomorrow... I'm not buying that the Flyers have our number or something after one game and one 3rd period getting away from us. We have pretty much owned them since 2012, even with our sh!tty teams we've been icing the past five years.