Sign in to follow this  
Aznjsn

GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

***UPDATE 4:42PM*
Taylor Hall will not play in the next two games. He has a hand issue that is not considered long term, according to Coach John Hynes.

Jimmy Hayes will draw back in as replacement.

Kinkaid and Gibbons placed on IR.  Schneider and Coleman back in. We've beaten them twice this year already, so let's get back to work and do it again.

Red Wings projected lineup

Andreas Athanasiou -- Dylan Larkin -- Tyler Bertuzzi

Anthony Mantha -- Henrik Zetterberg -- Gustav Nyquist

Tomas Tatar -- Frans Nielsen -- Martin Frk

David Booth -- Dominic Turgeon -- Luke Witkowski

Danny DeKeyser -- Mike Green

Jonathan Ericsson - Joe Hicketts

Niklas Kronwall -- Xavier Ouellet

Jimmy Howard

Petr Mrazek

Scratched: Nick Jensen

Injured: Luke Glendening (hand), Darren Helm (leg) Justin Abdelkader (lower body), Trevor Daley (lower body)

Devils projected lineup

Taylor Hall*** -- Nico Hischier -- Jesper Bratt

Marcus Johansson -- Travis Zajac -- Drew Stafford

Miles Wood -- Pavel Zacha -- Kyle Palmieri

Blake Coleman -- Brian Boyle -- Stefan Noesen

Andy Greene -- Sami Vatanen

John Moore -- Damon Severson

Will Butcher -- Ben Lovejoy

Cory Schneider

Ken Appleby

Scratched: Jimmy Hayes, Steven Santini

Injured: Brian Gibbons (broken right thumb), Keith Kinkaid (groin), Mirco Mueller (clavicle)

LGD!!! :evil:

Edited by Aznjsn

Nice to see Coleman in, sucks that its at Gibbons' expense, I like those guys together.

Appleby is getting the most out of what he probably thought was a call-up to ride the bench for one game. 

On the Red Wings side, I wish I had a name like Gustave Nyquist, it makes mine so boring in comparison. Other than that, fvck them and lets get a win. 

That Red Wing lineup does not look daunting at all. Hopefully we don't play down to their level and have a nice comfortable win.

9-1 Devils.

My wife and I are taking a friend of hers and her husband to their first hockey game.  I hope the Devils win and make it entertaining to leave a good first impression.

One of the type of games where we need to take care of business. The Red Wings are a mess. Need to keep pace with all these other Metro teams. Tomorrow is a much tougher opponent so it'd be nice to get it done today.

17 minutes ago, devlman said:

That Red Wing lineup does not look daunting at all. Hopefully we don't play down to their level and have a nice comfortable win.

It's kind of amazing that they are one of the top spending teams in the league and that is what they have to show for it.   At least Lou left us with a pretty clean cap.    

Tonight seems like as good a night as any for Wood-Zacha-Palmieri to start lighting up the scoresheet.  

• Like 2

Time to start beating bad teams. Devils only have 1 regulation loss this season against the Atlantic Division. Don't make it two. 

There is little excuse for dropping this game. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Nice to see Coleman in, sucks that its at Gibbons' expense, I like those guys together.

Appleby is getting the most out of what he probably thought was a call-up to ride the bench for one game. 

On the Red Wings side, I wish I had a name like Gustave Nyquist, it makes mine so boring in comparison. Other than that, fvck them and lets get a win. 

Don't let your dreams be dreams, my friend.

40 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

9-1 Devils.

My wife and I are taking a friend of hers and her husband to their first hockey game.  I hope the Devils win and make it entertaining to leave a good first impression.

The day that the Devils ever match the exact score that you predict, I'm going to buy you something. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

The day that the Devils ever match the exact score that you predict, I'm going to buy you something. 

The entire board will melt down and vanish into another dimension.

• Like 1

I sometimes do miss the days of when it wasn't that uncommon to see lopsided scores like that.  I remember when the Devils absolutely waxed the first-year Sharks 9-0.  And of course there was the 9-0 thrashing of the Pens during the 2000-01 season, where Madden and McKay had four goals each, but that was already the Dead Puck Era.  In Live Puck you'd get some crazy games...Devils and Sabres once played to an 8-8 tie.  I think Detroit and Calgary once opened their season with a 10-7 Wings win.

Anyway, agree with MITB, usually I don't blow up losses against lesser teams too much because they'll happen in the course of the season, but I really want a laugher tonight.  Something like 4-0 or 5-1. 

LGD!!!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

And I will buy him a second one. 

Just get 2 points and put points in the bank.  1-0, 9-1, 3-2 in OT, I just want 2 points.

Sad news to hear that NJ Devils great Mark Savard is officially retiring from hockey. Don't think a jersey retirement is necessary, but I'm hoping they at least induct him into a ring of honor of some sorts.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

WHAT THE FVCK HAPPENED TO HALL AND WHY THE FCK ISN'T THERE AN ARTICLE ABOUT IT

5 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

WHAT THE FVCK HAPPENED TO HALL AND WHY THE FCK ISN'T THERE AN ARTICLE ABOUT IT

Someone posted a picture the other day, I think on HF, with Hall with a split on his hand while he was at the Nets game.  I think its just this lingering issue.  This is an enormous blow.

2 minutes ago, lucifer91 said:

Someone posted a picture the other day, I think on HF, with Hall with a split on his hand while he was at the Nets game.  I think its just this lingering issue.  This is an enormous blow.

Lingering you say?  How about....fingering!?

2 minutes ago, lucifer91 said:

If only we had dedicated staff who are supposed to write articles on these things.

3 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

If only we had dedicated staff who are supposed to write articles on these things.

AG and Chris Ryan both tweeted somethin about him being out, but no articles.

With Hall out, I'm slapping it on the Zacha-Wood-Palms line to collectively pick up the slack. It's time for Zacha to actually capitalize on his chances, he's running out of time for the lack of production in my book.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

AG and Chris Ryan both tweeted somethin about him being out, but no articles.

With Hall out, I'm slapping it on the Zacha-Wood-Palms line to collectively pick up the slack. It's time for Zacha to actually capitalize on his chances, he's running out of time for the lack of production in my book.

Unfortunately Hynes is breaking up that line. Palms to the wing with Nico and Bratt; Noesen slots into Palms spot.