Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

GDT: Devils @ Boston 7:00 PM

I'm happy with 5 games. Dept. is inconsistent and I honestly thought he'd be getting 2. 

• Like 1

Yippee............5 games..............against 5 other teams.

And Johansson is out for a long time. Nowadays, with 3 concussions..........I'd be thinking about retirement.

Johansson probably won't be back before the playoffs if we make them. He's done for the season in my opinion. Maybe we're gonna see Quenneville?

Mojo might be done for good after this concussion. Speaking of concussions, if any player on the Devils has a set of nuts and not a vaginal canal I would like to see Marchand given a concussion in our next meeting with them on 2/11 at the Rock. 

Edited by slasher72

8 hours ago, titans04 said:

I think NJ has taken the softness to the extreme for the last few years, the rags have too.  Forget about the blood and broken bones they don't have to be this soft.  Some nights it's like men against boys and our two raising stars are built like boys.  

If other teams start hitting our players on a regular basis, ownership might need to install a safespace at the Rock to comfort them. 

Edited by slasher72

4 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

By the way, can we again talk about how THIS ELBOW WASN'T WORTHY OF A PENALTY?

when i watched that play after the game, missed the hit "live" as i was focused on the puck (as everyone was), missed it on the 2nd replay and in the 3rd replay. Only on the 4th replay i really saw what happened and understood why Mojo was down. So i can't really blame the refs for missing it on the spot either if i want to be fair. The announcers also thought that he caught a stick at first. 

Edited by SterioDesign

1 hour ago, Devs3cups said:

Agreed about Nico. I love his play but he gets dragged around a lot. Of course he'll become bigger and stronger. just for the fun of it, I looked up Tyler Seguin's stats. Rookie season he had 11 goals and 11 assists in 74 games. The next he had 67 points. First seasons are about adjustments.

Wow. That really puts it in perspective how well Nico is doing at such a young age. He played almost exactly half his first season as an 18 year old. And as much as it’s true he gets beat off the puck a lot and looked outmatched at times, he’s played every single game so far. Pretty damn impressive. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slasher72 said:

Mojo might be done for good after this concussion. Speaking of concussions, if any player on the Devils has a set of nuts and not a vaginal canal I would like to see Marchand given a concussion in our next meeting with them on 2/11 at the Rock. 

Out of a possible 540 games played during his Capitals career, he played 501 of them. He played in an additional 69 playoff games. It has been an injury plagued season for him but I see no reason this means he might be "done for good."

Also not sure where the assessments look grim... we have one tweet from Bob saying word is he sustained another concussion. We know nothing of the nature or severity.

• Like 1