GDT: Flyers @ Devils 2-1-18 7:00PM

Nicomo

20 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

strange game tonight.

first off - a light crowd for thursday night vs flyers - maybe 13k. my season ticket rep said this was even a low priced game and they still had a surprisingly low draw. he honestly said it had something to do with pride night. he had a couple STH sell these tickets back to the devils and specifically said that pride night was the reason. honestly made me sick to hear that but whatever. what's great about this country is that you can be a disgusting bigot and still have the same rights as the most caring selfless person ever.

as for the game - i thought the flyers were the stronger team until mid way through the third. the devils weren't bad necessarily, but i thought the flyers played better.

greene HAS to clear that puck on the 2nd flyers PP goal - i was disgusted with that.

GWG notwithstanding, i didn't think nico had that great a night. he had several gaffes on the PP's and just was not crisp or quick tonight - he's absolutely getting to where he's wearing down as the youngest guy in the league in his first year.

zacha was really good tonight - two primary assists were great and he skated well tonight.

and gudas is just an absolute piece of sh!t - good on zajac to take him on.

100%

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah I think you missed something. They scored on those two penalties. If they didn’t, they’d only have had one goal. Which they wouldn’t have had without soft goaltending. I’m not sure how that’s rose colored glasses stuff. 

The key word is IF. Both teams had 2 PP goals. The rose-colored glasses stuff is not seeing how "tired" flyers were giving us a hard time all night. It was anybody's game although we had an advantage...

I think our conversation is pointless. Let's just enjoy the win.

33 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

strange game tonight.

first off - a light crowd for thursday night vs flyers - maybe 13k. my season ticket rep said this was even a low priced game and they still had a surprisingly low draw. he honestly said it had something to do with pride night. he had a couple STH sell these tickets back to the devils and specifically said that pride night was the reason. honestly made me sick to hear that but whatever. what's great about this country is that you can be a disgusting bigot and still have the same rights as the most caring selfless person ever.

I doubt that was the main reason. The upper corner sections were almost completely empty, the vast majority of  those aren't season ticket holders anyway. The prices are just still priced wrong especially for those sections which are the highest in the building. 

6 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

The key word is IF. Both teams had 2 PP goals. The rose-colored glasses stuff is not seeing how "tired" flyers were giving us a hard time all night. It was anybody's game although we had an advantage...

I think our conversation is pointless. Let's just enjoy the win.

My whole post was premised on the concept of “if”. But that’s fine. 

9 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I hate Gudas as much as the next guy. I mean I really fvcking hate him. But.

1. That was an obvious unintentional hit on Palmieri. He was jumping out of the way of his own player, Palmieri happened to be where his big oaf ass was falling. That’s a clear interference penalty and they got it right. fvck him, but not a dirty play.

2. I watched that fight with Zajac and Gudas about 8 times. I think Gudas may have pulled back a little. A “I fvcked up and this is part of the game” type move. There is no way Zajac should have landed that many without taking one single swing. 

I agree the hit wasn’t dirty. But he’s a dirty player so it looked dirty.

I hope that was the case, otherwise he got his @ss beat by one of the slowest moving people in the league. 

51 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

he honestly said it had something to do with pride night. he had a couple STH sell these tickets back to the devils and specifically said that pride night was the reason.

If that’s true, that’s really irritating. Making the decision to sell back your tickets just because it’s pride night is bad enough, but you’re twice the a$$hole if you call up and actually cite that as the reason without realizing how much of an a$$hole that makes you. 

• Like 4

2 points, I ain't throwing it back.  Still relevant games as we head into February, that's the important thing.  These games count and a 19 year old scores the winner.  Plus a 20 year old with 2 primary assists, and a 23 year old scores the game tying goal.

I didn't think the Devils were that sharp with the puck tonight and the fact that they weren't and got 2 points is the whole purpose of this.  Let's keep this thing moving along against the Pens on Saturday.  

• Like 3

It was a good win.  By the eye test, we controlled the play more often than not.  Also, the Flyers seemed to be in full trap mode for much of the third which has tended to stifle the offense this season, so it was good the Devils broke through it.

I’ll give credit where it’s due, and say Zacha had a good game,

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If that’s true, that’s really irritating. Making the decision to sell back your tickets just because it’s pride night is bad enough, but you’re twice the a$$hole if you call up and actually cite that as the reason without realizing how much of an a$$hole that makes you. 

I have no problems with pride night but I do think it's unprofessional for a ticket rep to be saying this is why I think people aren't here while anyone who follows this team for more than a year knows there are way bigger issues with the team not being able to pack the place every night. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

How can anyone think this was unintentional? I mean, look at this sh!t. https://mobile.twitter.com/RTaub_/status/959224883648528384?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23959224883648528384

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I just say how much it pleases me to see Rags fans with “fire Vigneault” profile pics. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

missed most of the second and all of the third, what a great comeback win over a divisional rival, doesn't get much better than that. Actually would have been maddening to lose to an AHL goalie on home ice.  

Out of what I saw I agree Zacha was very good. It's weird, for me I have actually got more frustrated with him in the last few weeks as he has clearly played better. Size, moves well, good talent, a guy like that should be producing. Nice to see him pick up some points the last couple of games and also Nico end his goal scoring drought. I still love Zajac standing up for his teammates. You won't hear me complain about a penalty like that, in the long run I believe that standing up for each other and togetherness helps you win the war though not necessarily every battle. 

• Like 2

So glad we beat this sh!t bag team. Especially the way we beat them as well right at the death. Good to see some of that early season spirit and grit coming back into their game. Never a better time to get hot!!

Also great to see Pav with two beautiful assists. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, slasher72 said:

Well, to be fair they did look gutless in the 2nd period but I'm proud as hell they pulled it together in the end in regulation.  

Yeah but you've watched enough hockey to know that sometimes a team can have a bad period...especially a team like this one that has some obvious rough edges.  The Devils been scuffling lately, but I really think that some are way too quick to question their heart and toughness.  You pretty much had them losing that game when they ended the second period down 3-2.  Even with their recent struggles, I think they've earned more respect from this fanbase.

One thing that I can't sugarcoat is the goalie situation.  This season's KK makes me very nervous.  Really hope Cory can get back in there and be a .920+ guy...I don't care how he does it, as far as "low danger" and "high danger" chances go...but this team needs a goalie to get on a roll soon.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

How can anyone think this was unintentional? I mean, look at this sh!t. https://mobile.twitter.com/RTaub_/status/959224883648528384?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23959224883648528384

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JFC he even jumps to make the goddamn hit. Cannot stand that piece of sh!t. He’s worse than Marchand cause he bringns nothing else to the table. At least if Ratfvck stoping being a dirty prick he’s a solid offensive player.

• Like 2

Great to see a win and Philthy get 0 points. Team showed some heart tonight.

As for attendance, it wouldn't surprise me if Pride Night was the reason. People suck. The outrage on some of the Facebook posts over the rainbow logo was flat out ridiculous. People threatening to boycott the Devils/NHL. Blaming the NHL for making it political when nothing about it was political until they called it political. Crazy how some people can be so comfortable spewing hate.

• Like 1

So this was the first weekday game I've been to this year after moving down into enemy territory.. have to say, the drive from Philly to Newark is loooooong.  Took over two hours both ways.

So glad they won.  Would've been a miserable drive otherwise.

• Like 1