GDT: Flyers @ Devils 2-1-18 7:00PM

Nicomo

40 minutes ago, jagknife said:

JFC he even jumps to make the goddamn hit. Cannot stand that piece of sh!t. He’s worse than Marchand cause he bringns nothing else to the table. At least if Ratfvck stoping being a dirty prick he’s a solid offensive player.

If he didn’t jump, he could have hit his own teammate knee to knee. Im not saying he didn’t make a choice to hit Palmieri instead of his teammate, but there was no ill intent there. He was properly penalized and now he also has to live with the fact that Travis Zajac beat him up, which is probably worse than a suspension without pay. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Henry Killinger said:

Great to see a win and Philthy get 0 points. Team showed some heart tonight.

As for attendance, it wouldn't surprise me if Pride Night was the reason. People suck. The outrage on some of the Facebook posts over the rainbow logo was flat out ridiculous. People threatening to boycott the Devils/NHL. Blaming the NHL for making it political when nothing about it was political until they called it political. Crazy how some people can be so comfortable spewing hate.

Honestly, I don’t even know what percentage of our fans even care about pride night, or if we have a LGBT fan base at all. But aside from a rainbow logo, what the hell did it even entail? I’m sure there weren’t dudes buttfvcking at center ice during the intermissions, so what the fvck would anyone be offended by?

Its 2018 and we are in and/or around a major city. There’s LGBT people here, and they have less interest in you than you have in them. Get the fvck over it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Honestly, I don’t even know what percentage of our fans even care about pride night, or if we have a LGBT fan base at all. But aside from a rainbow logo, what the hell did it even entail? I’m sure there weren’t dudes buttfvcking at center ice during the intermissions, so what the fvck would anyone be offended by?

Its 2018 and we are in and/or around a major city. There’s LGBT people here, and they have less interest in you than you have in them. Get the fvck over it. 

Having been out for over 20 years I can't understand how this is still an issue but people are weird.  I don't know how my lack of finding a girlfriend effects any of you all!  But I will say last year when they started doing this it warmed my black heart a little bit.

All that aside so glad they pulled this one out.  After they tied the game I prayed to the gay gods for them to score with a little over a min left.  You are all welcome!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

Having been out for over 20 years I can't understand how this is still an issue but people are weird.  I don't know how my lack of finding a girlfriend effects any of you all!  But I will say last year when they started doing this it warmed my black heart a little bit.

All that aside so glad they pulled this one out.  After they tied the game I prayed to the gay gods for them to score with a little over a min left.  You are all welcome!

I knew the gay gods had to have been involved. Thanks man!!

• Like 1

Great win last night.  Glad to see Zacha's improved play finally translating to points.   It feels like we've been saying he's played his best game as a Devil for 3 weeks straight but yet his production was still Josefson-esque.  I was starting to get a little nervous.    

Huge goal by Hischier as well and it was good to see Palmieri finally get a true sniper type goal.  Very little space for him to bury that shot.    

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

What a gutless team that doesn't fight back and doesn't score.  

If I could figure out how to keep this page of the thread open and then also go back to quote you and I both, I'd love to re-read what we wrote about the team having some come-from-behind victories earlier in the year after everyone else was seeming to pile on and say this team was dead, gutless, heartless, soft, etc.  I'm not sure who else might have said the same thing, but you and I echoed essentially the same thing and recalled how they had at least a few games where they showed some late rallies and a never-say-die attitude.  Oh, and my Zacha prediction about him heating up soon was dead on too.  And it only took one game :D 

I missed most of this game because I had to work late, but I caught glimpses here and there, and saw the very end in the car on the way home.  Folks, this team is rough around the edges, but they're special.  They need a little polish in certain areas, but they have promise and potential. There's another level to this team that we haven't seen yet.  I don't know if they'll be able to reach it by the end of this season, but good things are coming.  We saw part of it last night.  Let's all relax again.  Breathe.  Enjoy yesterday's win for another 24 hours.  Then on to the Penguins tomorrow.

Oh and also, while that wasn't the best game from Kinkaid, I think he's getting way too much sh!t from people.  3 goals allowed, but the first two were pure luck and not his fault at all.  The first one the guy was wide open, and it was on the PP (actually, 5 on 3, wasn't it?), and the second one, also another PP goal, and he made the first save with his pad which was nice, but none of our defenders cleared that idiot Simmonds from the crease.   Hell, even the 3rd one wasn't that bad....it caromed off Severson's skate and changed direction at the last minute, leaving him just barely not enough time to get over to the other post.  Again, not his best game, but by no means did he leave the team out to try.  If anything, he played fairly well.  Not only that, but he's not used to playing this many games, at least not this often.  Cut him some slack.

• Like 2

Pride night wasn't even close to being the reason the majority of people didn't go to the game last night. You all should know that our attendance issues have been an ongoing issue. This is why I think it's a joke the ticket rep even tried to blame what was most likely only a handful of stupid people and not a large portion of our fan base for not wanting to go to the game cause of pride night. Besides the one Saturday game which had plenty of empty seats too the attendance for January has been horrible. The ticket prices are just too high for a lot of sections, especially the upper corners... 

Philadelphia Flyers @ New Jersey Devils: Saturday Jan 13, 2018 Attendance: 16,514

Washington Capitals @ New Jersey Devils: Thursday Jan 18, 2018 Attendance: 14,163

Detroit Red Wings @ New Jersey Devils: Monday Jan 22, 2018 Attendance: 13,847

Nashville Predators @ New Jersey Devils: Thursday Jan 25, 2018 Attendance: 14,039

Pride night... 

Philadelphia Flyers @ New Jersey Devils: Thursday Feb 1, 2018 Attendance: 13,906

Edited by Satans Hockey

12 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Pride night wasn't even close to being the reason the majority of people didn't go to the game last night. You all should know that our attendance issues have been an ongoing issue. This is why I think it's a joke the ticket rep even tried to blame what was most likely only a handful of stupid people and not a large portion of our fan base for not wanting to go to the game cause of pride night. Besides the one Saturday game which had plenty of empty seats too the attendance for January has been horrible. The ticket prices are just too high for a lot of sections, especially the upper corners... 

Philadelphia Flyers @ New Jersey Devils: Saturday Jan 13, 2018 Attendance: 16,514

Washington Capitals @ New Jersey Devils: Thursday Jan 18, 2018 Attendance: 14,163

Detroit Red Wings @ New Jersey Devils: Monday Jan 22, 2018 Attendance: 13,847

Nashville Predators @ New Jersey Devils: Thursday Jan 25, 2018 Attendance: 14,039

Pride night... 

Philadelphia Flyers @ New Jersey Devils: Thursday Feb 1, 2018 Attendance: 13,906

The ticket prices have been high. Of course I'm always trying to go on weekends. I hate the whole concept of different games on different nights being a different price. Just set a price and then if you anticipate difficulty selling during the week, offer coupons/discounts. 

• Like 1

Not sure what the prices were for this game but I will say that I did see plenty of people threatening on social media of selling their tickets to last night's game specifically because of pride night.  I found it both funny and sad that so many people got bent out of shape over what amounted to a few rainbow colors splashed around the arena and a couple of acknowledgements.

15 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Not sure what the prices were for this game but I will say that I did see plenty of people threatening on social media of selling their tickets to last night's game specifically because of pride night.  I found it both funny and sad that so many people got bent out of shape over what amounted to a few rainbow colors splashed around the arena and a couple of acknowledgements.

So ignorant. You wouldn't expect that of people on social media. 

:)

23 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

So ignorant. You wouldn't expect that of people on social media. 

:)

Yeah it is a cesspool.  The other funny thing is that most of the people upset about pride night have plenty of posts calling others snowflakes.

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Great video- I love how Patty's locker stall and jersey are still there too: https://www.facebook.com/NJDevils/videos/10156107370364583/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that before and would love for the Devils to put more of these types of videos out.

• Like 1