GDT: Penguins @ Devils 2/3/18 7:00PM

Nicomo

Thought this was interesting... 

Devils Insiders‏ @DevilsInsiders 

At 5-on-5 tonight, Sami Vatanen was matched up against Sidney Crosby for 10:15. The Penguins had 3 SOG during that timeframe.

And from the Devils Insiders a few days ago: 

At 5-on-5 [against Philly], Sami Vatanen was matched up against the Giroux-Couturier-Konecny line for 5 minutes. They had 1 SOG. Vatanen also squared off against Voracek and Simmonds for just under 5 minutes. They had 0 SOG.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Where are you getting that from?  He was pointless in the nine games prior to last night.  

yeah i didnt get it either, but i think they said it in the broadcast:rolleyes:and here https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nhl/devils/2018/02/03/travis-zajac-powers-devils-key-3-1-win-over-penguins-metropolitan-division-race-winning-streak/304164002/

fake news i guess

Edited by lazer

2 minutes ago, lazer said:

It says he snapped a 9 game goalless drought. 

Hall has a ten game point streak however.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marshall said:

It says he snapped a 9 game goalless drought. 

Hall has a ten game point streak however.

Meanwhile Taylor Hall, double shifted with the Devils again dressing 11 forwards and seven defensemen, logged a season-high 25:58 and his assist on Zajac’s goal to make it 3-1 at 9:51 of the third period gave him at least one point in each of his last 10 games.

article is wrong but they said it in the broadcast to i think 

colemans first multi point game? i guess

Edited by lazer

7 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

At 5-on-5 tonight, Sami Vatanen was matched up against Sidney Crosby for 10:15. The Penguins had 3 SOG during that timeframe.

At 5-on-5 [against Philly], Sami Vatanen was matched up against the Giroux-Couturier-Konecny line for 5 minutes. They had 1 SOG. Vatanen also squared off against Voracek and Simmonds for just under 5 minutes. They had 0 SOG.

Dude is playing like a beast. Love him so far.

At Ottawa, home vs. Calgary, at Columbus this week.  This team has a chance to keep the ball moving and continue this stretch.  It's going to need another hot stretch.  17 games, 34 points up for grabs before this team goes on a killer 6 game March road trip that starts in Nashville, Vancouver and California, and winds up in Pittsburgh...and that's the front end of a back to back that has them playing Tampa the next night coming home.  That's a gauntlet all right.

If the Devils can bank 18-20 points before that trip, that sets them up pretty good.  

Edited by Jersey Sure

9 hours ago, Steven M. said:

Felt like the building was going to explode when Nico stole that puck.

What a fvcking effort. The march to April is real. Believe in this team y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you remember when that was? I'm trying to find the moment when he did that I wanna watch it again lol

I think Hynes will go with 12 F, 6 D again really soon. Part of it may have to do with getting Mueller acclimated again, but he's looking ready for regular minutes now. Lovejoy has got to be the guy coming out still, even though I don't think he's been the worst guy out there on D. It wouldn't make sense to bring Quenneville up if he's not going to get in one of these games soon.

Really happy with Vatanen's game lately. I liked Vatanen from what I saw in Anaheim over the past few years, but he's far exceeded my expectations since the trade. He hasn't ever been much of a goal scorer, but if he uses his shot more on the PP, maybe he could be. On the defensive side, he has faced not only some great players, but great players on hot streaks, in recent games. He has consistently shut them down. What a trade Shero made. As much as I liked Henrique both on and off the ice, I really can't deny how much that trade has benefitted the team.

Also a big fan of that second line. I think they'll be producing more goals soon. I thought Zacha had an awesome game. It seems that he's got a reputation of not being the smartest player, but rather someone who has made it this far due to physical tools. But last night, he really showed a bit more. He was anticipating plays really well, and seemed to have a really good awareness of where everyone on the ice was. There were a couple of plays in particular, where he had an opportunity to make a play to the net, but waited for a trailing player to join the rush for a better scoring chance. I thought those were some big time plays, which made me feel we have a really good player on our hands. Stripping the puck from Malkin, then making that no-look pass to Coleman for the shorthanded chance was really slick too.

• Like 2

maybe juuuuuuust mayyyyybe Shero asked Hynes to showcase one of our D, which is why we were fine sending down Santini who clearly should be part of our future anyway

who fvcking knows. Lovejoy may have been playing just well enough that a team within a short window with a few injuries be willing to go for him

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:18 AM, LittleBallofHate said:

Yeah but if you are in the seats at the game the hatred for Vatanen because of Rico is unreal..  I was happy about the trade when it happened, & I'm still happy, sorry to see Rico go, but this team needed Vatanen!

• Like 1

Yeah but if you are in the seats at the game the hatred for Vatanen because of Rico is unreal..  I was happy about the trade when it happened, & I'm still happy, sorry to see Rico go, but this team needed Vatanen!

Then quite simply those people have no clue what they're actually watching on the ice, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovejoy without the puck has been playing very well, lovejoy with the puck had a few WTF moments against the pens.... he got stripped a few times and chucked it to them . he was playing against a very fast skilled team too.. and its the first time in awhile i cursed at him, lol..but the good is definitely outweighing the bad..

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I take it you’ve never had season tickets? When you sit near the same people every game you realize the “average” hockey fan is relatively stupid. Guy I sat next to back when I had season seats was a loyal STH since 1993. 1993!! And he was convinced that Paul Martin was the single worst Devils player to ever wear the crest. I mean this guy would screech and shout every time he was on the ice. It was annoying. 

Back in December I was sitting right behind a group of fans in the lower level.  In front of me were 5 guys and a couple of them were wearing "Crazie" jerseys if you catch my drift.  Well one guy kept going on and on about how much Zajac sucks for the first few minutes of the game.  The first goal of the game happened to be scored by Zajac and this guy hated Zajac so much he refused to stand or even cheer/clap for the goal.

That's how damn miserable/stupid some of our fans are.  I hated Tootoo/Farnham/Gionta but I still cheered when they scored.  This is a supposed "superfan" who hated a player on our team so much he didn't care that he just helped the team score a goal to win the game.

I take it you’ve never had season tickets? When you sit near the same people every game you realize the “average” hockey fan is relatively stupid. Guy I sat next to back when I had season seats was a loyal STH since 1993. 1993!! And he was convinced that Paul Martin was the single worst Devils player to ever wear the crest. I mean this guy would screech and shout every time he was on the ice. It was annoying. 

Oh it's not a surprise to me, I've never had season tickets but I've been going to games since '85, so I know how dumb fans can be. I'm just amazed people can watch a sport year in and year out and literally know nothing about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I've never had season tickets, but the sheer idiocy of some of them is readily apparent to anyone attending a game.