GDT: Devils @ Senators 2/6/18 7:30PM

Nicomo

14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

@mfitz804 better be wearing that new Marty jersey, too. 

It's ready to roll. 

Not much else to say other than let's keep this thing going. Let's hope for big things from KK, and I have this weird feeling that Jesper Bratt will be a factor tonight. 

I will not eat horsesh!t off the street if we win. 

LGD

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

I’m saying 5-2 Devils. A 3-0 lead makes us all nervous after two softies from KK makes it 3-2. Early 3rd period Hall goal and a Zajac empty net win the game.

KK's mask came off after the Crosby no-goal so tonight the streak will continue. Like my Buffalo prediction, I'm calling a sub 5 minutes in goal where he uses the mask as the excuse but this time, the refs catch him violently shaking it off and allow the goal to stand.

Good guys still win, but I'm going 4-1

27 minutes ago, jagknife said:

KK's mask came off after the Crosby no-goal so tonight the streak will continue. Like my Buffalo prediction, I'm calling a sub 5 minutes in goal where he uses the mask as the excuse but this time, the refs catch him violently shaking it off and allow the goal to stand.

I play goal, but that's a risky move to shake the mask off..  the only time I can agree with that move is if one of the straps unclips which causes the helmet to become very lose and losing its ability to protect.    Even when your helmet gets knocked off, it sometimes takes a few seconds for the whistle to blow, which seem like s very long time for a goalie.

Just win,  idc about goalie stats, theyre overrated and don't paint a good picture of the goalie. 

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I don't think that will ever happen... though he has seemingly perfected the art of that, the last time it happened they actually had a shot from the back where you see the clips exploding off the helmet so it's not like it's not legitimate. I feel like he just makes saves with his head more often than other goalies for some reason.

Every time we play Ottawa I think back to 1998 and what BS that was. Damian Rhodes morphing into Hasek. Alfredsson and how stupid he looked in the Jofa bucket. Also 1996. They come in a garbage team. 17 wins. We're up 2-1 after 2 and lose? Suddenly Tom Chorske can hit the net?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, '7' said:

Every time we play Ottawa I think back to 1998 and what BS that was. Damian Rhodes morphing into Hasek. Alfredsson and how stupid he looked in the Jofa bucket. Also 1996. They come in a garbage team. 17 wins. We're up 2-1 after 2 and lose? Suddenly Tom Chorske can hit the net?

The 5-2 loss to the Sens on the last day of the 1995-96 season was the fvcking WORST.  I couldn't make it to that game, but a friend of mine did...she told me that she was actually crying after the game, because the Devils fans in attendance that were near her were basically all kind of turning on each other, mostly out of shock and frustration that the season was ending on such a sh!tty note.  I was up in Colgate that day, visiting my then-girlfriend...I was in her room, trying to get the WFAN on to hear what the final score was...it was very hard to get the station in, but I knew that the Devils were winning 2-1...then I heard 2-2...then tons and tons of static, but I had to know how it ended...finally I heard 5-2 final, and initially thought "OK, they went nuts at the end...thank god"...only to hear just enough to realize that they had just LOST 5-2.  I wasn't much fun to be around for the rest of that visit...I was pissed, stunned, upset, flustered, you name it.  And that season started with so much promise...they come off the SC sweep (after winning the final two games of the previous series against the Flyers), then win all of their preseason games, then start off 4-0-0 before they finally lose a game...then immediately beat Detroit AGAIN and beat the Sens to start off 6-1-0, having scored 4 goals in each of their wins...it really did feel like they were becoming invincible at that point.  Then seemingly out of nowhere, they go 9-18-4 and the rest of the season becomes this dogfight to right the ship...Lou tinkers with the roster a number of times to try to get them going...then eventually they go 13-3-7 and you really feel like they're going to find a way to cement a playoff berth, but screw up just enough down the stretch to blow it.  That season was such a firm boot to the balls...dammit all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Ottawa's top-6 tonight:

Hoffman-Duchene-White

Dzingel-Pageau-DiDomenico.

....if we don't win by 5 I will be angry. What the heck is a Dzingel?

Aren’t those the little balls of sh!t stuck to Snoop Dogs ass? Dzingel Berries.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Alright guys, enough of the negative Sens memories- time for some positive memories:

I was at my best friend's house for that game (he's one of the only cool Ranger fans on this Earth)...me and four others.  I could barely breathe that whole game.  When they were down 1-0 early I was thinking "C'mon, don't blow this, for the love of GOD pleeeeeeeease don't blow this!"  Of course that period ends 1-0, so I'm sitting there on my friend's couch, trying to relax...then Langs scores twice within 2:00 and I'm starting to feel good again...my friends start laughing at me because I'm actually starting to talk again...then it's 2-2 early in the third, and I'm back to silent white knuckles.  That was as tense as I've ever been for a game...even when Friesen scored, I still felt like there was so much time left, even with a little over 2 minutes left at that point.  It took a while to unwind from that game, even several minutes after it had ended. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Alright guys, enough of the negative Sens memories- time for some positive memories:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember screaming like a maniac when this goal happen... Such a good time ! 

• Like 2