GDT: Devils @ Senators 2/6/18 7:30PM

Nicomo

Just now, Neb00rs said:

I mean Kinkaid just needed to be better on those two goals. We needed a big save on the first, and a good save on the second. You can't demand it everytime, but would have been nice.

I'm willing to say that 2nd one could've been stopped...it was awkward, but I guess he could've saved it.  But that first one?  C'mon dude.  That's insane.  That was a bullet, from the faceoff dot, on a two man advantage.  

• Like 1

Just now, Neb00rs said:

I mean Kinkaid just needed to be better on those two goals. We needed a big save on the first, and a good save on the second. You can't demand it everytime, but would have been nice.

Devils absolutely made his job easier against the Pens last game.  16 shots against arguably the best offensive team in the league, which was red hot coming in. Would be nice for it to be the opposite sometimes. 

• Like 1

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

I'm willing to say that 2nd one could've been stopped...it was awkward, but I guess he could've saved it.  But that first one?  C'mon dude.  That's insane.  That was a bullet, from the faceoff dot, on a two man advantage.  

I'm glad you're "willing" to say it could have been stopped. Because it clearly could have been. The first one would have been a great save. Sometimes you need one of those from your goalie.

Just now, Neb00rs said:

I'm glad you're "willing" to say it could have been stopped. Because it clearly could have been. The first one would have been a great save. Sometimes you need one of those from your goalie.

Stop me if I'm wrong, by all means, but didn't he get a piece of it? Its not like it was a scrambling cross ice pass, he was there.

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Agreed. I’m not killing Kinkaid for either of those goals. Don’t give them a fvcking 5 on 3 in the first place. 

Just now, Neb00rs said:

Relax, I understand what you're saying.  It should have been stopped, but I think you have to be reasonable too...it was a powerplay, and the guy had traffic in front of him.  I know you want Kinkaid to make a highlight reel save and steal the game with some highway robbery, so do I, but we may not see that from him.  He's not an acrobatic guy like Brodeur, and he doesn't have the same techique or anticipation either.  He's a backup. We know this.  But lots of teams see extended and unexpected playing time from their backups throughout the year due to injuries to their starter.  The good teams find a way to keep winning and help their backup.  

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Relax, I understand what you're saying.  It should have been stopped, but I think you have to be reasonable too...it was a powerplay, and the guy had traffic in front of him.  I know you want Kinkaid to make a highlight reel save and steal the game with some highway robbery, so do I, but we may not see that from him.  He's not an acrobatic guy like Brodeur, and he doesn't have the same techique or anticipation either.  He's a backup. We know this.  But lots of teams see extended and unexpected playing time from their backups throughout the year due to injuries to their starter.  The good teams find a way to keep winning and help their backup.  

Relax? Where am I not being reasonable? Quote me.