GDT: Devils @ Senators 2/6/18 7:30PM

21 hours ago, Triumph said:

So when Rinaldo slew foots Parise - after the whistle - in 2012 in a game where Boulton dressed, what does that say?  Or when Worrell runs every Devil in games where Oliwa dressed, and we can go on and on about all the cheap shots the Devils took when they dressed goons because goons don't deter anything.  Alex Burrows has been in the league for over a decade, he has a reputation as being a dirty player, and no one has somehow convinced him not to do this stuff.  I'm sure people have beat him up.  It doesn't matter.  It didn't matter when Claude Lemieux did the stuff he did.  These guys have played this way their whole lives and catching a beating for it isn't going to stop them.  It just feels good to do it, that's all.

I agree with this and I wonder when the league will come around to it.  I'd mitigate it somewhat - that a suspension must, by default, include all other games against the team that season, but that the Devils would get to pick which other games Burrows would miss.  The thing is, I imagine that in the past teams didn't want this because they want to get their own revenge on that guy.

Of course it doesn't completely eliminate everything, and back when the Worrell thing happened cheap shots were more commonplace, but in general the Devils are being picked on and abused and run more this year than in previous years. We're all watching it. We see it.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m 3-0 since the break with GDT’s so hopefully the luck continues. @mfitz804 better be wearing that new Marty jersey, too.  Kinkaid in net again, and It will be Taylor Hall’s 500th career game.

It's ready to roll.  Not much else to say other than let's keep this thing going. Let's hope for big things from KK, and I have this weird feeling that Jesper Bratt will be a factor tonight. 

LGD .. if karlsson wants to come back with us on the bus thats cool too

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, '7' said:

Of course it doesn't completely eliminate everything, and back when the Worrell thing happened cheap shots were more commonplace, but in general the Devils are being picked on and abused and run more this year than in previous years. We're all watching it. We see it.

And I think it's random and you don't.  How often does any team have 2 players suspended for 5+ games for dirty plays against them in a season, much less within 2 weeks of one another?  And yes, Hischier is getting run, but I don't think 'standing up' for that does anything now that the NHL has an instigator rule.