Olympic Hockey

EdgeControl

Jocelyne Lamoureux-Davidson set a hockey Olympic record today with 2 goals in 6 seconds for the US against fake Russia. 

I'm looking forward to USA vs Canada for the winner of the group and to finally get a really competitive game. Most of these games haven't been worth watching. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

Jocelyne Lamoureux-Davidson set a hockey Olympic record today with 2 goals in 6 seconds for the US against fake Russia. 

I'm looking forward to USA vs Canada for the winner of the group and to finally get a really competitive game. Most of these games haven't been worth watching. 

That's because women's hockey sucks. That's not to be a d!ck, or sound misogynist. It's a sh!tty product. It'll be USA-Canada again, for the 54534521st time in a row. None of these other countries are anywhere close, and, while I understand building a program takes time, it's been 20 years since women's hockey became an Olympic sport, and literally NOTHING has changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That's because women's hockey sucks. That's not to be a d!ck, or sound misogynist. It's a sh!tty product. It'll be USA-Canada again, for the 54534521st time in a row. None of these other countries are anywhere close, and, while I understand building a program takes time, it's been 20 years since women's hockey became an Olympic sport, and literally NOTHING has changed.

Yeah I have only been watching cause it's the Olympics and DVRs are amazing. USA and Canada look good, I'd say Switzerland and Sweden look good but they played horrible Japan and Korea so not exactly anything to go by. 

Korea is so bad that's it's pathetic they were even allowed to play in the first place. The host automatically getting a team just because they are hosts needs to go away. 

I hate the fact that they don't allow them to hit. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Yeah I have only been watching cause it's the Olympics and DVRs are amazing. USA and Canada look good, I'd say Switzerland and Sweden look but they played horrible Japan and Korea so not exactly anything to go by. 
Korea is so bad that's it's pathetic they were even allowed to play in the first place. The host automatically getting a team just because they are hosts needs to go away. 
I hate the fact that they don't allow them to hit. 

Yeah the fact that hitting isn't allowed disqualifies it as hockey to me. Real hockey doesn't ban hitting.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Also Canada had a goal disallowed today that was clear as day a good goal, they zoomed in on it and you can see the white between the puck and the goal line. Pissed me off even more about that phantom goal that was counted against us the other night with no real proof. 

20180213_120804.jpg

20180213_120753.jpg

Just to play Devils advocate, it's possible that look could be an optical illusion, puck may be slightly in the air while not being completely over the line hence why you see the small sliver of white. Kind of like the overturned Calgary goal in the 2004 Final.
flamesbolts2004.jpg
1297569229807_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Edited by CommonDreads
  • Like 1

Just to play Devils advocate, it's possible that look could be an optical illusion, puck may be slightly in the air while not being completely over the line hence why you see the small sliver of white. Kind of like the overturned Calgary goal in the 2004 Final.
flamesbolts2004.jpg&key=f4f38550f97f36878635b8fc85d6be005d9b905cbaef8a6c0111c10c04c958ee
1297569229807_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80%26size=420x&key=59bb1edc8b12b84dbf0e0ece03922396dbea859d3d3da321702dbc9313de1dad

On a side note, looking at that picture, I don't think I'd have slept very well for the last 14 years if I was a Calgary fan, knowing they were literally the length of my thumb away from winning the Cup. That is absurdly brutal.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

On a side note, looking at that picture, I don't think I'd have slept very well for the last 14 years if I was a Calgary fan, knowing they were literally the length of my thumb away from winning the Cup. That is absurdly brutal.

If you're gonna miss heaven, don't miss by an inch...

• Like 1

Watched both games. The US looked home and hosed against Slovenia , it was looking to be a case of how many they won by coming into the third. And then they just switched off, Slovenia got the goal and gained all the momentum. 

You can only think that it was lack of experience that let Slovenia back in. 

Slovakia Vs Russia was rediculous, Russia had nearly all of the puck , but after their early dominance didn't generate any really solid chances. Every time Slovakia attacked they scored apart from one breakaway at the end of the game which they should behave buried. 

Russia will play better than that. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9