Olympic Hockey

EdgeControl

5 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

They deserved to win the game anyway so the shootout is whatever to me. Canada had their chance to win in the shootout as well. fvck em!

Yeah, I meant that some people see it as a diminished win or somesuch because it was in a shootout. I obviously prefer continous OT but the tournament is the way it is.

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

We beat Canada in hockey and curling in the same day, so awesome! Suck it Canada!

Can't wait to see the US in the Men's hockey semis. Oh wait... 

;) 

In all seriousness, it was a great finish by both teams. Congrats to the US for pulling it through. That Lamoureux SO goal was filthy lol.

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Can't wait to see the US in the Men's hockey semis. Oh wait... 

;) 

In all seriousness, it was a great finish by both teams. Congrats to the US for pulling it through. That Lamoureux SO goal was filthy lol.

I never thought the US men were gonna be any good when you had guys like Bobby Butler and Brian O'Neill who could barely make the lineup for some of the garbage teams we have had here lol That's without even mentioning some of the other bums they selected, the men's side has been a mess of subpar hockey all around in this tournament to me. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

17 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I never thought the US men were gonna be any good when you had guys like Bobby Butler and Brian O'Neill who could barely make the lineup for some of the garbage teams we have had here lol That's without even mentioning some of the other bums they selected, the men's side has been a mess of subpar hockey all around in this tournament to me. 

This.  Even the Olympic Dopers from Russia team has been underwhelming, and they are supposed to be the class of the field.  In reality, you get better hockey played in the World Championships than we are seeing in these Olympics, which is sad.  How else do you explain Germany making it to the medal round.  I like the Olympics, and usually am really into the men's hockey tournament, but this year it's been very boring all around. 

The US team was poorly constructed.  When the NHL decided not to go, they should have used the best players playing in college and Canadian Juniors, while sprinkling in a few vets here and there, rather than the other way around. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2018 at 1:24 AM, CommonDreads said:

The NHL better go in 2022, because USA is going to be absolutely stacked. Team will probably include Eichel, Matthews, Jack Hughes, Gaudreau, Boeser, Gostisbehere, Werenski, Jones, Murray, and tons of others. USA should be a legit superpower, it just sucks we always end up sending 2nd rate teams compared to what we're capable of.

The damage is done. Going 8 years in between appearances means you lose a lot. A lot of guys who would've made their last meaningful senior competition, guys who went through their entire prime without being able to compete. It's so much more than the logistics the NHL tricked everyone into thinking were legitimate reasons to keep the players out. It's all about controlling the revenue and monopolizing the sport. I'd like to see the World Championships move to July and become biennial. 

11 hours ago, eaglejelly said:

Germany beats Canada and goes to the Final!

Greatest moment in German Hockey

Congrats eagle! I hope you guys keep this crazy momentum going and beat Russia! What a crazy tournament this has been for you guys, this is your country's 1980, hopefully you guys can get the gold now too. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Can't wait to see Canada in the Men's hockey finals. Oh wait... 

;)

Still got further in the tourney than the US buddy ;) Let's hope we get the NHL players back in 4 years so that it can actually be the best in the world playing each other. No doubt in my mind Canada and USA would be the final in 2022. Too much talent not to.

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 1