GDT: Devils vs Jackets 7:00

RunninWithTheDevil

Just now, titans04 said:

I turned it off a while ago to be honest. 

Don’t blame you. We had to leave because a fat ugly girl starting cackling like a hyena in our section and I’m too buzzed to show proper restraint. I wanted to throw my $11 beer on her. 

• Like 1

Whatever we think of KK (or any other goalie) you can't keep allowing the amount of shots we do or giving away as many penalties as we seem to do and not expect to get scored on. We got away with it earlier in the season because the offence was on fire but now it isn't goal tending, defence and system are being shown for what they are. 

35 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

He has allowed 3 or more goals in 13 of 18 starts. That's absolutely pathetic. He is by many metrics one of the worst goalies in the league. I have never believed in him but any shred of giving him the benefit of the doubt is just gone for me personally. It is literally painful to fvcking watch him flip around like a dead fish on three quarters of every game. There are zero strong aspects to his game.b

I'm not defending him in general. This game was out of reach when most of us started to blame him again for what what was the entire team's blow. I'm a die hard fan but frankly, we are still in the top mix only because other metro teams had their own slumps. Now our real level is evident - the only player that really keeps us competitive is Taylor Hall. Not that we are not making the playoffs, but I think if things don't change and I can't really see any grounds for that, we'll be fighting for the second wild card spot. 

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

Also, sitting Mueller for Lovejoy has gone just swimmingly. Another good one Hynes.

I'd sit all 6 of them after tonight's blow

Kinkaid had nothing to do with this loss - this was on the 18 guys in front of him.  Didn't think any of the goals he gave up were weak, maybe #4 he could've been better on but that was a ridiculously good shot.  Sometimes teams make their shots, even against bad goaltenders.  Sometimes they miss them, as NJ did tonight.

Devils played Boston well 2 weeks ago, this will be a test tomorrow.  

Kinkaid had nothing to do with this loss - this was on the 18 guys in front of him.  Didn't think any of the goals he gave up were weak, maybe #4 he could've been better on but that was a ridiculously good shot.  Sometimes teams make their shots, even against bad goaltenders.  Sometimes they miss them, as NJ did tonight.

This was a total team fvckjob, no question.... Probably their worst effort of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Triumph said:

Kinkaid certainly had to do with the loss. Was it all his fault? No. Could he have made saves on a goal or two at a time that could have kept us in the game and the team from bottoming out? Yes. Additionally, KK's play needs to be looked at in the context of his recent string of bad play, which I think most of us are doing.  Yes the team in front of him sucked too.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Whatever we think of KK (or any other goalie) you can't keep allowing the amount of shots we do or giving away as many penalties as we seem to do and not expect to get scored on. We got away with it earlier in the season because the offence was on fire but now it isn't goal tending, defence and system are being shown for what they are. 

Exactly

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

Kinkaid certainly had to do with the loss. Was it all his fault? No. Could he have made saves on a goal or two at a time that could have kept us in the game and the team from bottoming out? Yes. Additionally, KK's play needs to be looked at in the context of his recent string of bad play, which I think most of us are doing.  Yes the team in front of him sucked too.

I come into this thread and the main discourse is about Kinkaid on a night where the Devils gave up 50 shots in a game they trailed in for 40 minutes.  Kinkaid shouldn't be talked about at all tonight.

Just now, Triumph said:

I come into this thread and the main discourse is about Kinkaid on a night where the Devils gave up 50 shots in a game they trailed in for 40 minutes.  Kinkaid shouldn't be talked about at all tonight.

And we had 36 SOG!!! and the only one that went in was Jenner's

2 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Why should KK not be talked about? He certainly didn't help. Unless someone here is saying that KK was the reason we lost, there's no issue with talking about how KK sucks. And in the context of our losing streak in which KK has been awful I think it's legitimate that he is the "main discourse" especially given that Lack could have played. One post about KK doesn't prevent another post criticizing the rest of the team. As we see with your post. 

• Like 2