GDT: Devils vs Jackets 7:00

RunninWithTheDevil

11 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

LGD! Expecting a big game by the young guys tonight (Nico, Bratt, Zacha) 

Be nice to see Bratt get back on the scoresheet. Even when Nico isn’t scoring he’s always at least noticeable, but I feel like Bratt has been quiet lately. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Be nice to see Bratt get back on the scoresheet. Even when Nico isn’t scoring he’s always at least noticeable, but I feel like Bratt has been quiet lately. 

Agree, Nico, has struggled with finish somewhat, on the other hand I have been very impressed with  how well he does staying on the puck and battling guys on the boards, great balance and competiveness. You'd think if anything it would be the other way around. Plus his speed and ability to drive some play is noticeable. If and when he gets better at finishing at the level he is going to be outstanding.

5 minutes ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

Agree, Nico, has struggled with finish somewhat, on the other hand I have been very impressed with  how well he does staying on the puck and battling guys on the boards, great balance and competiveness. You'd think if anything it would be the other way around. Plus his speed and ability to drive some play is noticeable. If and when he gets better at finishing at the level he is going to be outstanding.

I have the opposite impression of him. He can’t msintain the puck along the boards at all, my 10 year old could knock him off the puck, and she’s a girl and doesn’t know how to ice skate.

I find him almost completely ineffective in those situations. My man needs to bulk up in the offseason.

I’m going to DVR this game. I’ll be out tonight AND tomorrow during the day. I plan to avoid all media and watch the two games back to back as a double header. 

Or I may try to watch tonight’s game while I’m out tomorrow on the FIOS app. 

Either way it’ll be interesting to see if I make it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I’m almost positive that Nico is the youngest player in the NHL now that Tippett is back with the Steelheads. 

This seems like a silly thing to insult him for. 

He is definitely young and I'm sure eventually will bulk up and add some mass to him, but mfitz isn't wrong -- Nico is so easy to knock off the puck.  It happens at least 2-3 times a game...someone will hit him from behind and he crumbles pretty easily.  

• Like 1

LGD!!! :evil:  Let's hope the Moms bring the boys some luck! Also, just because I didn't know where else to post this: 

Andrew Gross‏ Verified account @AGrossRecord

This can be seen as a good sign - Taylor Hall: "Both my parents have really liked how I’ve been treated by the New Jersey Devils and the trajectory our team is on. Both my parents are really happy with that, so all good."

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I have the opposite impression of him. He can’t msintain the puck along the boards at all, my 10 year old could knock him off the puck, and she’s a girl and doesn’t know how to ice skate.

I find him almost completely ineffective in those situations. My man needs to bulk up in the offseason.

Same feeling here and I don't think it's a given that a guy this small will automatically grow bigger and stronger where this becomes a non-issue.  Immensely talented kid that would be dominant if he were a few inches taller and 25+ pounds heavier.  I also think it's a fair critic regardless of age. Hopefully he can become stronger as time goes on.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I mean, he’s 6’-1”. That’s not exactly tiny. 

Hell put on the weight. He’s still in the early stages of puberty for Christ sakes lol.

There’s a big difference between 6’ 1” and 160 lbs and 6’ 1” and 180 lbs. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

There’s a big difference between 6’ 1” and 160 lbs and 6’ 1” and 180 lbs. 

Yeah, and he's really in the early stages of puberty lol.  He's probably got another year or two max before he stops growing, if he hasn't already.  Early puberty is generally like 13-15...

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Do you know an 18 year old who’s 6’1 180? He’s had less than one year of professional training. He’ll get there

In all fairness, my ex-girlfriend's kids who I consider my step children are soon to be 21 and 19, oldest one is 6'5" and probably 190-200lbs, and the other is 6'3" probably 200-210-ish.  Granted a lot of it has to do with genetics, and they both go to the gym extensively, but Nico has been an athlete his whole life and he's now getting paid for it, and he should also be working out daily and able to put on some pounds...

because well all know the stated numbers are real.  He's very small and light, same with Bratt.  You can't teach size and to answer your question as hard as it is to believe there are 18 year olds who are bigger than 6' 1" 180.   He's not going to transform into averaged size NHL player his size will always be a challenge, his skill will overcome a lot of it other than perhaps his ability to stay on the puck.