GDT: Devils vs Jackets 7:00

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ll be at the game tonight in Columbus. Hope to see a Devils win.  LGD

LGD!!!   Let's hope the Moms bring the boys some luck! Also, just because I didn't know where else to post this:  Andrew Gross‏ Verified account @AGrossRecord This can be seen as a good sign

as in he chose the wrong career or ? 

2 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I come into this thread and the main discourse is about Kinkaid on a night where the Devils gave up 50 shots in a game they trailed in for 40 minutes.  Kinkaid shouldn't be talked about at all tonight.

Why should KK not be talked about? He certainly didn't help. Unless someone here is saying that KK was the reason we lost, there's no issue with talking about how KK sucks. And in the context of our losing streak in which KK has been awful I think it's legitimate that he is the "main discourse" especially given that Lack could have played. One post about KK doesn't prevent another post criticizing the rest of the team. As we see with your post. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Hynes just confirmed Lack is in tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gross Tweeted that Hynes called it a "consideration." Is that what you are referring to or did he actually confirm?

Gross Tweeted that Hynes called it a "consideration." Is that what you are referring to or did he actually confirm?

I guess I didn't hear the question correctly, I thought Gross asked if Lack was definitely playing tomorrow. My bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I come into this thread and the main discourse is about Kinkaid on a night where the Devils gave up 50 shots in a game they trailed in for 40 minutes.  Kinkaid shouldn't be talked about at all tonight.

Because he's been awful all season and really shouldn't be starting game after game after game with stats like his, even if the other options are similarly awful.  The staff needs to start forcing accountability rather than running out the same garbage lineups day after day.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 4
8 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Because he's been awful all season and really shouldn't be starting game after game after game with stats like his, even if the other options are similarly awful.  The staff needs to start forcing accountability rather than running out the same garbage lineups day after day.

Agreed. Enough of the sugarcoating. KK sucks

• Like 2

RECAP

• We're officially at Rock Bottom.
  • This game was so bad, there's no point in trying to break it down.

POSSESSION

• ES CF: 73 to 59
  • ES FF: 57 to 45
  • ES SF: 36 to 37
  • ES SCF: 33 to 34
  • ES HDCF: 14 to 14
  • All CF: 75 to 84
  • All FF: 57 to 62
  • All SF: 36 to 50
  • All SCF: 34 to 49
  • All HDCF: 14 to 21
1 hour ago, Devs64 said:

I'm not defending him in general. This game was out of reach when most of us started to blame him again for what what was the entire team's blow. I'm a die hard fan but frankly, we are still in the top mix only because other metro teams had their own slumps. Now our real level is evident - the only player that really keeps us competitive is Taylor Hall. Not that we are not making the playoffs, but I think if things don't change and I can't really see any grounds for that, we'll be fighting for the second wild card spot. 

I'd sit all 6 of them after tonight's blow

I mean if you look across the league, with the parity there is, there are so many mediocre teams including us. It is what it is, I just wish if we were going to go down it'd be with our starting goaltender already. Get well soon Cory.

My wife asked if we could go on a date tonight so thankfully I missed this one. I have only one real question: was there any injuries?

if not I guess it’s just best to move on. You can’t convince me this team will even sniff the playoffs if Schneider isn’t back within a week, but it sure looks like goaltending was 1 of a dozen issues with tonight’s game. 

KK has an .874 sv. % in his last 8 games. 

In case you were wondering, there are 55 goalies who have played at least 15 games this year. Among them, KK comes in at 52nd in save percentage. Only Scott Wedgewood, Chad Johnson, and Thomas Greiss have performed worse. And not by much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Fixed that for you

I respectfully disagree with you since there's only one player on the team with testicles  (Hall). Nevermind the nutless eunuchs like Greene, I look at a guy like Boyle, who's 6"6 and never lays a hit on anyone. It's infuriating 

The Devils were out hustled, out-muscled, out played, out desired, out...every friggin aspect of a hockey game.  Too loose as team, including forwards on D, too many awful passes and attempted clears.  Allowed Columbus to come a flyin through the neutral zone. Just a horrible performance in a big divisional game in February.  No puttin lipstick on this pig.   This team needs to get it's act together.  You don't want to end a promising season with many more of these types of performances.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

I respectfully disagree with you since there's only one player on the team with testicles  (Hall). Nevermind the nutless eunuchs like Greene, I look at a guy like Boyle, who's 6"6 and never lays a hit on anyone. It's infuriating 

That’s why I’m calling tomorrow necessarily a quest for testicles. Anyone other than Hall needs to find them