GDT : Bruins @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG+2, NESN

Devs3cups

2 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

to be fair, that picture is AFTER hall got into the goal and they tried to push lack back over the line. 

to be certain, there was never conclusive evidence it was a goal, but whatever - the bruins threw their sticks out there and won.

too many fvcking warts on this team.

my thoughts as well.  You've already gone above and beyond supporting this team year after year.  While I do think we are on the right track I also think they have a long way to go before being a serious contender.  THe fast start is making this coming back down to earth part harder to take.

4 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Good thing this team isn't putting the future in jeopardy for a year we have no business going forward in the playoffs in my opinion. They'll be up there pretty soon though. With that being said, it's your money and I totally understand your frustration. Pretty up and down season, and it's frustrating for fans who pay good money to go to the games.

i'm not talking about trading bratt for fvcking antii niemi, man.

after 5 fvcking years of not making the playoffs, and being in position to finally do so, you don't let goaltending or fringe players torpedo you.

cory's been out for a month - every goalie in there should have a 2 game leash to do something or you're fvcking out and we'll try somebody new.

recognize that andy fvcking greene is 3rd pair and use him as such.

see that scoring has dried up and get Q in there 3 weeks ago.

i have literally spent $75k over the last 5 years on this team. they 100% OWE me. and that's not with the worst fvcking food ever and a tshirt every year.

• Like 1

RECAP

• This game is a perfect example why passive systems do not work
  • The only reason the Devils outshot the Bruins is because they out competed the Bruins, but the coach's system is why all that effort ultimately led to a loss.
  • The less time the puck stays on a player's stick, the better.
  • This game should have been a win as the Bruins looked completely flat all game long.
  • The fluky goals that were scored on the Devils was a direct result of the coach's system.
  • The "careless plays" were a result of the Bruins forcing those mistakes, and because for whatever reason this coaching staff seems to keep preaching puck control over puck management.
  • In order to beat the Bruins, you need to play a true north south game of dumping it in, retrieving and getting pucks on net.
  • The Bruins are not a fast team, and playing a simple north south game forces the Bruins players to skate.
  • Fancy plays do not work in this league especially against a team like the Bruins.
  • The Devils outplayed the Bruins in all 3 games, and have one point to show for it.
  • Hynes is a GREAT player coach, and overall he's a good coach, but he's a bad system coach.
  • There's a reason why his teams always fall off in January because his system is so easy to learn to play against.
  • Everything I disliked about Deboer, I like about Hynes.
  • Everything I liked about Deboer, I hate about Hynes.
  • If we combine Hynes's ability to manage players with the system Deboer ran, this team would be legit great.
  • 5-11-3 since the 5 game unbeaten streak is certainly not a death sentence, but it needs to turn around QUICKLY!

GOALIE RECAP

• Goal 1: Acceptable, nothing Lack could do.
  • Goal 2: Acceptable, maybe could have gotten to the post quicker, but really shouldn't be faulted on Lack.
  • Goal 3: Acceptable, nice shot albeit still was stoppable
  • Goal 4: Acceptable, absolutely nothing Lack could have done.

POSSESSION

• ES CF: 46 to 29
  • ES FF: 33 to 21
  • ES SF: 26 to 16
  • ES SCF: 33 to 19
  • ES HDCF: 11 to 6
  • All CF: 66 to 44
  • All FF: 50 to 36
  • All SF: 38 to 27
  • All SCF: 43 to 30
  • All HDCF: 15 to 9

2 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

after 5 fvcking years of not making the playoffs, and being in position to finally do so, you don't let goaltending or fringe players torpedo you.

cory's been out for a month - every goalie in there should have a 2 game leash to do something or you're fvcking out and we'll try somebody new.

i have literally spent $75k over the last 5 years on this team. they 100% OWE me. and that's not with the worst fvcking food ever and a tshirt every year.

I will say that based on how Lack played tonight, I really have no fvcking clue why KK got so many second chances.

• Like 2

Preach it sundstrom. fvckin' A. [emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, cgb6397 said:

I am beyond tired of Drew Stafford on the powerplay. I celebrated when he came aboard this summer because I thought he'd be good forward depth, not skating around lost on our PP. Give me Jimmy Hayes in front of the net over this asshat 

Drew Stafford should NOT be practicing the SCOUT power play, let alone playing the PP in games...brutal to watch. 

• Like 1

I was thinking this during the game: Is Taylor Hall the best forward in a Devils uniform in...10-20 years?  I could not think of anyone better.  Sure, maybe Kovalchuk had more natural talent and Zach Parise had the fire and desire which pushed his game higher...but if you take Parise's will to win and desire and Kovalchuk's talent, combine the 2=Taylor Hall.  I absolutely love watching this kid play.  He's an amazing talent AND he wants to win so fvcking badly.  If somehow he walks or heads out of here for some reason, that's going to be a bad, bad, bad day....could be the end of the line. 

Greene is absent.  Need some fire from your captain.  The way Hall has been playing, captaincy may need to be considered for him.  Team is playing like an inexperienced bunch.  I equate it to the guy who gets a date with the hot girl (longshot date) and when he finally goes on that date, he sh!ts the bed.

The Devils don't have the pedigree with this squad to know how to handle adversity.  The novelty of their Cinderella start has worn down, and now they have to actually play big boy hockey and recover from bad calls against them and bad bounces - they just can't do it.

Teams with guys like Marchand, Bergeron, Chara, Rask, Backes have enough class, experience, and talent to overcome crap like that.  Who do we have -  Travis Zajac?  C'mon now.

They also caught a break by not facing Rask.
Do we really need to look passed the 0 for 7 on the PP.  More often than not they aren't gonna win sh!t with numbers like that.

If it were just 0 for 7 they would have won the game. Technically it was -2 for 7

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fans can do wtv they want. But it's mindblowing to me that some fans seem to be oblivious to the fact that we OVERACHIEVED this season and instead of being happy about that, and realize that we got some really really good hockey (especially after last season) they'd choose to use our overachievement as the bar and be pissed cause we're not keeping that up. Again, we finished 27th last year and only added a bunch of rookies and dealt with TONS of injuries plus all the INSANE badluck. If a fan is seriously pissed at the results of this season, he's 110% entitled and responsible for having unrealistic expectations. If we'd have the Pens roster and missing the playoffs i'd get it but christ, we were going to suck this year, WE KNEW THAT and it's totally part of the process.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Fans can do wtv they want. But it's mindblowing to me that some fans seem to be oblivious to the fact that we OVERACHIEVED this season and instead of being happy about that, and realize that we got some really really good hockey (especially after last season) they'd choose to use our overachievement as the bar and be pissed cause we're not keeping that up. Again, we finished 27th last year and only added a bunch of rookies and dealt with TONS of injuries plus all the INSANE badluck. If a fan is seriously pissed at the results of this season, he's 110% entitled and responsible for having unrealistic expectations. 

I mean...that's a tough pill to swallow. Over achievers or not, FINISH THE fvckING JOB.  Just get into the fvcking playoffs.  It's not that much to ask, honestly.  This is the NJ fvcking Devils here.  Not the Islanders.

2 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

I mean...that's a tough pill to swallow. Over achievers or not, FINISH THE fvckING JOB.  Just get into the fvcking playoffs.  It's not that much to ask, honestly.  This is the NJ fvcking Devils here.  Not the Islanders.

well i absolutely understand the "instant frustration" cause it is damn maddening but anyone taking a step back and seeing the situation for what it is should come back to earth after a bit.

i totally stand by my stance that this team was not supposed to make the playoffs this year. They still might make it, i certainly hope so but i won't be pissed if they don't

Edited by SterioDesign

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

well i absolutely understand the "instant frustration" cause it is damn maddening but anyone taking a step back and seeing the situation for what it is should come back to earth after a bit.

i totally stand by my stance that this team was not supposed to make the playoffs this year. They still might make it, i certainly hope so but i won't be pissed if they don't

For me, personally, it's a little early to "take a step back"...after the season, sure...but right now, hell fvcking no.  We have a chance...we had a great chance...just finish the fvcking job...that's all.  Finish what you started.

• Like 1

I was thinking this during the game: Is Taylor Hall the best forward in a Devils uniform in...10-20 years?  I could not think of anyone better.  Sure, maybe Kovalchuk had more natural talent and Zach Parise had the fire and desire which pushed his game higher...but if you take Parise's will to win and desire and Kovalchuk's talent, combine the 2=Taylor Hall.  I absolutely love watching this kid play.  He's an amazing talent AND he wants to win so fvcking badly.  If somehow he walks or heads out of here for some reason, that's going to be a bad, bad, bad day....could be the end of the line. 

There was a guy named Elias who wasn't bad....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

There was a guy named Elias who wasn't bad....

Patty was a grinder...Patty got the job done...he was nowhere near the talent level of Hall, sorry...Hall flashes and flashes and flashes again...Hall is an absolute pleasure to watch...

26 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

GOALIE RECAP

• Goal 1: Acceptable, nothing Lack could do.
  • Goal 2: Acceptable, maybe could have gotten to the post quicker, but really shouldn't be faulted on Lack.
  • Goal 3: Acceptable, nice shot albeit still was stoppable
  • Goal 4: Acceptable, absolutely nothing Lack could have done.

I just want to point out that this is a “Goalie Recap”, and those opinions are only accurate in that concept.

Goals 1, 2 and 4 were not “acceptable” in any other way. 

48 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

after 20 years, cancelled my season tickets after tonight - finishing out this year and i'm done.

team has been sh!t for two months and no response from management, players or coach.

i was more supportive last year when they had nothing to work with. no answers from this bunch of a$$holes. they find ways to lose. i won't support it anymore.

Really? At least there is a future here now and I can see it forming. I'm very pissed off tonight but I hated those seasons watching Gionta and TooToo and the rest of those horrendous no names we had going on for multiple seasons.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

For me, personally, it's a little early to "take a step back"...after the season, sure...but right now, hell fvcking no.  We have a chance...we had a great chance...just finish the fvcking job...that's all.  Finish what you started.

its easier said than done when you're missing your #1 goalie, a top 6 forward, a bottom 6 guy who was having an amazing year and when you have guys like Greene on the team. Again if you go through the roster, moooost guys are on par with expectations than not. So it's hard to ask for more in that context.

And that being said. They may very well make the playoffs still. 

I mean... remember a time when Colombus was THE team in the conference, they seemed untouchable. And now they are out of it at the moment. And they were expected to make the playoffs. So again just to put things in perspective

Edited by SterioDesign

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Really? At least there is a future here now and I can see it forming. I'm very pissed off tonight but I hated those seasons watching Gionta and TooToo and the rest of those horrendous no names we had going on for multiple seasons.

Yeah I’m not getting that decision whatsoever. I’m hoping you’re just being dramatic. 

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Thing is fans are gonna get tired of this collectively after six years.  Being a Devils fan is now like being a Jets fan, you're just waiting for the rug to be pulled out from under you.  Even if logically I agree with your viewpoint.  This was like a last straw, we're going to blow this AGAIN type game.  Just like in 2015 after the great start, dying in February and beyond.  2016 a great 9-3-3 start and die after that.  This year, the great start through December, now dying again.  Even before Hynes in 2013 they pulled the same crap in the lockout season.

I do still have confidence in Shero but re-signing John Moore and making no real changes to the D, coaching staff or backup goalie would wane that confidence some.

10 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm not blaming Lack for anything tonight, I actually think he'll get the start Tuesday. I just don't see us making the playoffs with either if these two if Cory doesn't come back healthy and back to his normal form. 

I don't see how anyone can absolve Lack for completely fubaring goal #2.  He looked scared to play the puck and didn't have the first idea what to do with it, he makes Cory look like an expert puckhandler.  He fubared it as bad as Mueller fubared goal #1 but at least that play wasn't with like three seconds left in the period.

Edited by NJDevs4978