GDT : Bruins @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG+2, NESN

Devs3cups

I missed the first period but that said that "non" goal came at the end of the first they had 40 minutes and how many pps to overcome that?  The top teams do, not sure how anybody can assume you just take that one off the board and the rest of the game plays out exactly the same way.  I don't think it necessarily plays out that way in reality.   They had plenty of chance and didn't cash in.

the last 5 to 6 years were payment due for the previous 10 good years. i understood that there needed to be a purge. 
not enough being done from management to move this forward this year after good start - i feel taken advantage of as a given. not anymore.

Hynes' press conference has been maddening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

I missed the first period but that said that "non" goal came at the end of the first they had 40 minutes and how many pps to overcome that?  The top teams do, not sure how anybody can assume you just take that one off the board and the rest of the game plays out exactly the same way.  I don't think it necessarily plays out that way in reality.   They had plenty of chance and didn't cash in.

Well, they did cash in after that...twice to be exact. They lost by one. The one that was gifted to the Bruins.

4 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

the last 5 to 6 years were payment due for the previous 10 good years. i understood that there needed to be a purge. 

not enough being done from management to move this forward this year after good start - i feel taken advantage of as a given. not anymore.

Good thing this team isn't putting the future in jeopardy for a year we have no business going forward in the playoffs in my opinion. They'll be up there pretty soon though. With that being said, it's your money and I totally understand your frustration. Pretty up and down season, and it's frustrating for fans who pay good money to go to the games.

Edited by Devs3cups

6 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Probably the best case of a ''conspiracy'' against us. Ridiculous.

to be fair, that picture is AFTER hall got into the goal and they tried to push lack back over the line. 

to be certain, there was never conclusive evidence it was a goal, but whatever - the bruins threw their sticks out there and won.

too many fvcking warts on this team.

Just now, sundstrom said:

to be fair, that picture is AFTER hall got into the goal and they tried to push lack back over the line. 

to be certain, there was never conclusive evidence it was a goal, but whatever - the bruins threw their sticks out there and won.

Good point! Never actually thought there was a conspiracy against us, but it's getting pretty weird. There was absolutely no evidence the puck crossed the line. But hey, sh!t happens

2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Well, they did cash in after that...twice to be exact. They lost by one. The one that was gifted to the Bruins.

right point being with 40 mins left in the game it wasn't over after 1.   If they're that mentally weak and thinking it was they're a clustefvck, personally I don't think that's the case.  I don't think you can lose a one goal game in the first period no matter how bad the call.  I have't seen the reply yet I did see the still pic posted here which proves at that second the puck wasn't even close.

2 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

my thoughts as well.  You've already gone above and beyond supporting this team year after year.  While I do think we are on the right track I also think they have a long way to go before being a serious contender.  THe fast start is making this coming back down to earth part harder to take.

4 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Good thing this team isn't putting the future in jeopardy for a year we have no business going forward in the playoffs in my opinion. They'll be up there pretty soon though. With that being said, it's your money and I totally understand your frustration. Pretty up and down season, and it's frustrating for fans who pay good money to go to the games.

i'm not talking about trading bratt for fvcking antii niemi, man.

after 5 fvcking years of not making the playoffs, and being in position to finally do so, you don't let goaltending or fringe players torpedo you.

cory's been out for a month - every goalie in there should have a 2 game leash to do something or you're fvcking out and we'll try somebody new.

recognize that andy fvcking greene is 3rd pair and use him as such.

see that scoring has dried up and get Q in there 3 weeks ago.

i have literally spent $75k over the last 5 years on this team. they 100% OWE me. and that's not with the worst fvcking food ever and a tshirt every year.

• Like 1

RECAP

• This game is a perfect example why passive systems do not work
  • The only reason the Devils outshot the Bruins is because they out competed the Bruins, but the coach's system is why all that effort ultimately led to a loss.
  • The less time the puck stays on a player's stick, the better.
  • This game should have been a win as the Bruins looked completely flat all game long.
  • The fluky goals that were scored on the Devils was a direct result of the coach's system.
  • The "careless plays" were a result of the Bruins forcing those mistakes, and because for whatever reason this coaching staff seems to keep preaching puck control over puck management.
  • In order to beat the Bruins, you need to play a true north south game of dumping it in, retrieving and getting pucks on net.
  • The Bruins are not a fast team, and playing a simple north south game forces the Bruins players to skate.
  • Fancy plays do not work in this league especially against a team like the Bruins.
  • The Devils outplayed the Bruins in all 3 games, and have one point to show for it.
  • Hynes is a GREAT player coach, and overall he's a good coach, but he's a bad system coach.
  • There's a reason why his teams always fall off in January because his system is so easy to learn to play against.
  • Everything I disliked about Deboer, I like about Hynes.
  • Everything I liked about Deboer, I hate about Hynes.
  • If we combine Hynes's ability to manage players with the system Deboer ran, this team would be legit great.
  • 5-11-3 since the 5 game unbeaten streak is certainly not a death sentence, but it needs to turn around QUICKLY!

GOALIE RECAP

• Goal 1: Acceptable, nothing Lack could do.
  • Goal 2: Acceptable, maybe could have gotten to the post quicker, but really shouldn't be faulted on Lack.
  • Goal 3: Acceptable, nice shot albeit still was stoppable
  • Goal 4: Acceptable, absolutely nothing Lack could have done.

POSSESSION

• ES CF: 46 to 29
  • ES FF: 33 to 21
  • ES SF: 26 to 16
  • ES SCF: 33 to 19
  • ES HDCF: 11 to 6
  • All CF: 66 to 44
  • All FF: 50 to 36
  • All SF: 38 to 27
  • All SCF: 43 to 30
  • All HDCF: 15 to 9

2 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

after 5 fvcking years of not making the playoffs, and being in position to finally do so, you don't let goaltending or fringe players torpedo you.

cory's been out for a month - every goalie in there should have a 2 game leash to do something or you're fvcking out and we'll try somebody new.

i have literally spent $75k over the last 5 years on this team. they 100% OWE me. and that's not with the worst fvcking food ever and a tshirt every year.

I will say that based on how Lack played tonight, I really have no fvcking clue why KK got so many second chances.

• Like 2

Preach it sundstrom. fvckin' A. [emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, cgb6397 said:

I am beyond tired of Drew Stafford on the powerplay. I celebrated when he came aboard this summer because I thought he'd be good forward depth, not skating around lost on our PP. Give me Jimmy Hayes in front of the net over this asshat 

Drew Stafford should NOT be practicing the SCOUT power play, let alone playing the PP in games...brutal to watch. 

• Like 1

I was thinking this during the game: Is Taylor Hall the best forward in a Devils uniform in...10-20 years?  I could not think of anyone better.  Sure, maybe Kovalchuk had more natural talent and Zach Parise had the fire and desire which pushed his game higher...but if you take Parise's will to win and desire and Kovalchuk's talent, combine the 2=Taylor Hall.  I absolutely love watching this kid play.  He's an amazing talent AND he wants to win so fvcking badly.  If somehow he walks or heads out of here for some reason, that's going to be a bad, bad, bad day....could be the end of the line. 

Greene is absent.  Need some fire from your captain.  The way Hall has been playing, captaincy may need to be considered for him.  Team is playing like an inexperienced bunch.  I equate it to the guy who gets a date with the hot girl (longshot date) and when he finally goes on that date, he sh!ts the bed.

The Devils don't have the pedigree with this squad to know how to handle adversity.  The novelty of their Cinderella start has worn down, and now they have to actually play big boy hockey and recover from bad calls against them and bad bounces - they just can't do it.

Teams with guys like Marchand, Bergeron, Chara, Rask, Backes have enough class, experience, and talent to overcome crap like that.  Who do we have -  Travis Zajac?  C'mon now.

They also caught a break by not facing Rask.
Do we really need to look passed the 0 for 7 on the PP.  More often than not they aren't gonna win sh!t with numbers like that.

If it were just 0 for 7 they would have won the game. Technically it was -2 for 7

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fans can do wtv they want. But it's mindblowing to me that some fans seem to be oblivious to the fact that we OVERACHIEVED this season and instead of being happy about that, and realize that we got some really really good hockey (especially after last season) they'd choose to use our overachievement as the bar and be pissed cause we're not keeping that up. Again, we finished 27th last year and only added a bunch of rookies and dealt with TONS of injuries plus all the INSANE badluck. If a fan is seriously pissed at the results of this season, he's 110% entitled and responsible for having unrealistic expectations. If we'd have the Pens roster and missing the playoffs i'd get it but christ, we were going to suck this year, WE KNEW THAT and it's totally part of the process.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Thanks 1