GDT : Bruins @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG+2, NESN

Devs3cups

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Fans can do wtv they want. But it's mindblowing to me that some fans seem to be oblivious to the fact that we OVERACHIEVED this season and instead of being happy about that, and realize that we got some really really good hockey (especially after last season) they'd choose to use our overachievement as the bar and be pissed cause we're not keeping that up. Again, we finished 27th last year and only added a bunch of rookies and dealt with TONS of injuries plus all the INSANE badluck. If a fan is seriously pissed at the results of this season, he's 110% entitled and responsible for having unrealistic expectations. 

I mean...that's a tough pill to swallow. Over achievers or not, FINISH THE fvckING JOB.  Just get into the fvcking playoffs.  It's not that much to ask, honestly.  This is the NJ fvcking Devils here.  Not the Islanders.

2 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

I mean...that's a tough pill to swallow. Over achievers or not, FINISH THE fvckING JOB.  Just get into the fvcking playoffs.  It's not that much to ask, honestly.  This is the NJ fvcking Devils here.  Not the Islanders.

well i absolutely understand the "instant frustration" cause it is damn maddening but anyone taking a step back and seeing the situation for what it is should come back to earth after a bit.

i totally stand by my stance that this team was not supposed to make the playoffs this year. They still might make it, i certainly hope so but i won't be pissed if they don't

Edited by SterioDesign

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

well i absolutely understand the "instant frustration" cause it is damn maddening but anyone taking a step back and seeing the situation for what it is should come back to earth after a bit.

i totally stand by my stance that this team was not supposed to make the playoffs this year. They still might make it, i certainly hope so but i won't be pissed if they don't

For me, personally, it's a little early to "take a step back"...after the season, sure...but right now, hell fvcking no.  We have a chance...we had a great chance...just finish the fvcking job...that's all.  Finish what you started.

• Like 1

I was thinking this during the game: Is Taylor Hall the best forward in a Devils uniform in...10-20 years?  I could not think of anyone better.  Sure, maybe Kovalchuk had more natural talent and Zach Parise had the fire and desire which pushed his game higher...but if you take Parise's will to win and desire and Kovalchuk's talent, combine the 2=Taylor Hall.  I absolutely love watching this kid play.  He's an amazing talent AND he wants to win so fvcking badly.  If somehow he walks or heads out of here for some reason, that's going to be a bad, bad, bad day....could be the end of the line. 

There was a guy named Elias who wasn't bad....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

There was a guy named Elias who wasn't bad....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patty was a grinder...Patty got the job done...he was nowhere near the talent level of Hall, sorry...Hall flashes and flashes and flashes again...Hall is an absolute pleasure to watch...

26 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

GOALIE RECAP

• Goal 1: Acceptable, nothing Lack could do.
  • Goal 2: Acceptable, maybe could have gotten to the post quicker, but really shouldn't be faulted on Lack.
  • Goal 3: Acceptable, nice shot albeit still was stoppable
  • Goal 4: Acceptable, absolutely nothing Lack could have done.

I just want to point out that this is a “Goalie Recap”, and those opinions are only accurate in that concept.

Goals 1, 2 and 4 were not “acceptable” in any other way. 

48 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

after 20 years, cancelled my season tickets after tonight - finishing out this year and i'm done.

team has been sh!t for two months and no response from management, players or coach.

i was more supportive last year when they had nothing to work with. no answers from this bunch of a$$holes. they find ways to lose. i won't support it anymore.

Really? At least there is a future here now and I can see it forming. I'm very pissed off tonight but I hated those seasons watching Gionta and TooToo and the rest of those horrendous no names we had going on for multiple seasons.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

For me, personally, it's a little early to "take a step back"...after the season, sure...but right now, hell fvcking no.  We have a chance...we had a great chance...just finish the fvcking job...that's all.  Finish what you started.

its easier said than done when you're missing your #1 goalie, a top 6 forward, a bottom 6 guy who was having an amazing year and when you have guys like Greene on the team. Again if you go through the roster, moooost guys are on par with expectations than not. So it's hard to ask for more in that context.

And that being said. They may very well make the playoffs still. 

I mean... remember a time when Colombus was THE team in the conference, they seemed untouchable. And now they are out of it at the moment. And they were expected to make the playoffs. So again just to put things in perspective

Edited by SterioDesign

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Really? At least there is a future here now and I can see it forming. I'm very pissed off tonight but I hated those seasons watching Gionta and TooToo and the rest of those horrendous no names we had going on for multiple seasons.

Yeah I’m not getting that decision whatsoever. I’m hoping you’re just being dramatic. 

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Thing is fans are gonna get tired of this collectively after six years.  Being a Devils fan is now like being a Jets fan, you're just waiting for the rug to be pulled out from under you.  Even if logically I agree with your viewpoint.  This was like a last straw, we're going to blow this AGAIN type game.  Just like in 2015 after the great start, dying in February and beyond.  2016 a great 9-3-3 start and die after that.  This year, the great start through December, now dying again.  Even before Hynes in 2013 they pulled the same crap in the lockout season.

I do still have confidence in Shero but re-signing John Moore and making no real changes to the D, coaching staff or backup goalie would wane that confidence some.

10 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm not blaming Lack for anything tonight, I actually think he'll get the start Tuesday. I just don't see us making the playoffs with either if these two if Cory doesn't come back healthy and back to his normal form. 

I don't see how anyone can absolve Lack for completely fubaring goal #2.  He looked scared to play the puck and didn't have the first idea what to do with it, he makes Cory look like an expert puckhandler.  He fubared it as bad as Mueller fubared goal #1 but at least that play wasn't with like three seconds left in the period.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Patty was a grinder...Patty got the job done...he was nowhere near the talent level of Hall, sorry...Hall flashes and flashes and flashes again...Hall is an absolute pleasure to watch...

I don't know too many 1,000-point 'grinders', but if you're trying to say Hall is flashier than Elias, I doubt you'll find too many who would disagree. Hall may very well be the most talented forward we've ever had. As far as the best Devils forward of the last 10-20 years... That's Elias, as his jersey retirement in two weeks makes rather clear.
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I just want to point out that this is a “Goalie Recap”, and those opinions are only accurate in that concept.

Goals 1, 2 and 4 were not “acceptable” in any other way. 

What I mean by "acceptable" is that it would difficult to really kill Lack for those goals.

BTW, Deb just tweeted this pic.

DVzhXWgUQAEYLO8.jpg:large

Edited by Mike Brown

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don't know too many 1,000-point 'grinders', but if you're trying to say Hall is flashier than Elias, I doubt you'll find too many who would disagree. Hall may very well be the most talented forward we've ever had. As far as the best Devils forward of the last 10-20 years... That's Elias, as his jersey retirement in two weeks makes rather clear.

Most talented forward of the last 10-20 years. Precisely. Hall. 

8 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

What I mean by "acceptable" is that it would difficult to really kill Lack for those goals.

BTW, Deb just tweeted this pic.

DVzhXWgUQAEYLO8.jpg:large

Assumed as much, was just pointing it out.

In that picture, Hall is already in the net having tried to kick the puck out. While it’s clearly not in right there, there’s no possibility that was the original position of th3 puck. That’s where it was kicked to. 

29 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Thing is fans are gonna get tired of this collectively after six years.  Being a Devils fan is now like being a Jets fan, you're just waiting for the rug to be pulled out from under you.  Even if logically I agree with your viewpoint.  This was like a last straw, we're going to blow this AGAIN type game.  Just like in 2015 after the great start, dying in February and beyond.  2016 a great 9-3-3 start and die after that.  This year, the great start through December, now dying again.  Even before Hynes in 2013 they pulled the same crap in the lockout season.

I do still have confidence in Shero but re-signing John Moore and making no real changes to the D, coaching staff or backup goalie would wane that confidence some.

I don't see how anyone can absolve Lack for completely fubaring goal #2.  He looked scared to play the puck and didn't have the first idea what to do with it, he makes Cory look like an expert puckhandler.  He fubared it as bad as Mueller fubared goal #1 but at least that play wasn't with like three seconds left in the period.

I'm right there with ya in being annoyed, I've had my season tickets for over 15 years now. I'm renewing cause I feel like I see the light at the end of the tunnel even if we miss the playoffs this year. 

I was just referring to the fact that I think at this point Lack or Kinkaid it doesn't matter if it's not Cory. I just dislike Kinkaid so I'd rather see Lack at this point. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm right there with ya in being annoyed, I've had my season tickets for over 15 years now. I'm renewing cause I feel like I see the light at the end of the tunnel even if we miss the playoffs this. 

I was just referring to the fact that I think at this point Lack or Kinkaid it doesn't matter if it's not Cory. I just dislike Kinkaid so I'd rather see Lack at this point. 

Agree, neither of those guys even belongs in the league at this point. That situation needs to be fixed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm right there with ya in being annoyed, I've had my season tickets for over 15 years now. I'm renewing cause I feel like I see the light at the end of the tunnel even if we miss the playoffs this. 

they want my money - its now time to do something to fvcking earn it.

i was honestly not renewing 3 years ago when i was tired of the gionta's and ruutu's and tootoo's and then they brought in shero and that was enough for me to say - i'll stick for the plan.

and ray started building and i can't argue with any decision until 6 weeks ago. even the ones that have not worked out like future coach ben lovejoy - i understood the idea (even though i hated it from jump street).

but for those saying "hey, we're overachieving - don't get mad when they regress." - i'm not mad because the team is regressing. I am not mad because guys w/ ridiculous shooting percentages didn't maintain it. i'm not mad because we're not pdo'ing our way to the top of the league. i am mad because it's being allowed to happen without attempts to limit the regression or maintain an uphill trajectory. i'm mad that they are going to waste an MVP year from Taylor Hall with fvcking festering boils that they won't do something about.

is it really that hard to not let goaltending torpedo you? it would be one thing if cory were healthy and this was happening. like marty's last year, sometimes the guy that HAS to play goal is going to suck and you're stuck. But since cory has been hurt for a month, the devils should be beholdant to NOONE. KK has been dogsh!t this year - 7 of 18 games over .900. That's the kind of thing that gets you punted out of the league forever no matter how good your emoji game is. start the carosel until you find someone that sticks. and if you can't, ok, you tried. vegas went through 5 goaltenders this year. they're out there.

how long do i have to watch andy greene be a fvcking shell of himself and get caved in consistently and quite possibly singlehandedly ruin steve santini as an nhl'er.  it's a hard move, no doubt. but you put his ass on the 3rd pair and that's where he stays. the rest of your d aren't very good - well hey uncle fester, how about getting your forwards back to help on defense?

do fvcking something.

Edited by sundstrom
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

lol you can't tell jack from a still shot that was likely a second or two before the play ended.  Lack himself didn't really argue the play.  He knew he fvcked up.  I mean there's five seconds left, just fall on the puck if you're that unsure about playing it.

Yes - guess they could show a still shot of the puck out by the face-off dot too. :)

Although if another team posted a pic like this we would be laughing our asses off saying it proved nothing.

the fact that the backups suck so badly makes Cory seem like a top 10 goalie even when the advanced stats posted the other day clearly showed hs is not. 

Edited by titans04

59 minutes ago, Mitico12 said:

Teams with guys like Marchand, Bergeron, Chara, Rask, Backes have enough class, experience, and talent to overcome crap like that.  Who do we have -  Travis Zajac?  C'mon now.

Marchand, Bergeron, Chara, Rask, and Backes were once inexperienced young players. 

Nico, Bratt, Butcher, Hall, Quenneville, etc could be those guys for us one day. This team has a lot of room to grow. 

I'm right there with ya in being frustrated with the goaltending. I don't enjoy bitching and moaning about Kinkaid being sh!t over and over. I've never been really one to sh!t on a player over and over and I don't enjoy it. I just don' know how we fix the goalie situation other then hoping Cory is good to go after next week. 

sh!t team or not it would take a lot for me to cancel my season tickets and it would have to be more because of a ridiculous price increase then anything else. I just enjoy going way too much even if it ends up with nights like this where I leave completely pissed off.