GDT: Devils @ Philthadelphia Phailures 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

KINKAID FOR VEZINA! 

HALL FOR HART! 

HYNES FOR ADAMS! 

I'll let you figure out which one I'm serious about lol 

Seriously though, amazing fvcking comeback. Hall is such a beast, he's going to try to single handly carry this team on his back to the playoffs or die trying. I'll gladly give Keith some credit tonight for a perfect shootout performance and some key saves during the game. We need more of that out of him. Stafford reminds me of Victor Kozlov, doesn't  do much of anything great in the game but sure is good at shootouts. Great night! 

fvck Philly!

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

Yea I agree with all of this. I had low hopes, which weren't helped by the opening goal, and of course whenever we managed to push a goal across, whether it tied it or brought us back within one, they'd get it back. That Nico goal was huge. They really weren't in the game at all until they won. 

This was the worst overall experience I've ever had at Wells Fargo. I've been to probably more than a half dozen games now at this point, and it was just horrible in there tonight. By far the worst NHL atmosphere I've ever seen in person, at least until late in the game, and the fans in my section were out looking for a fight. Usually I'm the guy people go home complaining about, so for me to say something about the rowdiness of fans is significant. Not to say I didn't provoke them, but fvck 'em. It amazes me what a horrible hockey town it is here. They really have no idea what's going on on the ice and go nuts for physical play. Some guy behind me who was screaming at us all game yelled "who?" when Stafford was announced for the shootout, and I kindly and civilly turned around and reminded him that he and his cohorts are the dumbest fans in the game. I was at a sold out Sixers games last week, and it's night and day. It's like they find the trashiest drunks in Lower Bucks and the Northeast and give them free Flyers tickets. 

Dude, if you don't want to get stabbed, I recommend keeping your mouth shut anywhere near those pieces of garbage...those people are not human.  They are the lowest, neanderthal like, white trash pieces of garbage maybe in the entire country.  You could not pay me...

• Like 1

I actually thought the hit was a bit late, and could have been called, but if Hall himself says it was clean that’s good enough for me. This game shouldn’t be forgotten any time soon. I was absolutely shocked to see him back for the 3rd, and then ofc he gets maybe the biggest goal of the season so far to tie it up. He’s not going to break Gio’s goal record, or Patty’s points record for a single season, but this is one of the most special seasons I’ve seen from a Devils player since I’ve been following this team. 

• Like 3

Was watching at work. Even I had 'WTF' moments with the referees and I was watching on an iPhone.

I've been saying it since early on in the season - there is a conspiracy against the Devils this season when it comes to the referees. It's just mental how their games have been treated.

So glad we came back to win it. It's been a while since we've had a game like that where the team just never gave up. And I love the T-shirts the players are wearing. It shows their mental state and that they definitely aren't giving up.

Should be a fun ride to the end of the season (or a very drunk one, especially with me in attendance).

6 hours ago, mikepeluso8 said:

Dude, if you don't want to get stabbed, I recommend keeping your mouth shut anywhere near those pieces of garbage...those people are not human.  They are the lowest, neanderthal like, white trash pieces of garbage maybe in the entire country.  You could not pay me...

They're harmless, just like to run their mouths to get attention. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marshall said:

It's time to bring Hall into the Hart conversation.

I thought he was a good player before this season but both his play and determination has been elite this year imo. I actually expect something to happen every time he's on the ice. Best player in a Devils jersey for a long time. 

• Like 2

As mentioned, referees were about as bad as they could be in this one. However, giving up the second flyers goal on the first shift after tying the game is the kind of stuff that is driving fans absolutely crazy at this point. Lovejoy was caught puck-watching on that one and, to be fair, Butcher was a little late to the puck carrier. With that being said, I loved the playmaking on Nico's goal and Hall has a compete level through the roof. If this team can just stay healthy I see no reason why they can't make the playoffs without all of us having heart attacks during the last week of the regular season. I'm curious to see if Shero can add just a little scoring on the wing or find something bigger on the back end. I honestly have no idea which six d-men should play (really the 5 and 6th spots) on any given night because they basically all take turns at being bad. At least Moore did his thing and chimed in with a G and some TOI in OT.

12 minutes ago, NLinfante said:

However, giving up the second flyers goal on the first shift after tying the game is the kind of stuff that is driving fans absolutely crazy at this point.

Yup.  That loose coverage, the deflection off a D-man's stick, not converting on the Power Play, and some poor passing decisions (on clears on zone entries, and in the neutral zone).  All the ingredients were there.

But they got the Win and the 2 points.  Maybe this gets a bit of internal pressure off this team and they can clean things up a bit.  These games are all going to be tough ones now, and that was a good way to end a slide.  Be better Thursday, get a W, stay on track.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Lol I don't like the guy but I wouldn't bitch directly at them about it on their social media. At least if he comes here that's on him lol

Not a good look for either person here. I get KK is frustrated but he probably should have just ignored it. Okay, I'm starting miss Lou's rules just a bit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Not a good look for either person here. I get KK is frustrated but he probably should have just ignored it. Okay, I'm starting miss Lou's rules just a bit.

Typical social media BS. Some nobody telling an NHL player to "play a bit better", 1) like he didn't know that, and 2) which he would probably never do face to face, he's just social media brave. 

Personally I don't have a problem with KK's response. He was more diplomatic that I would have been. My responses would have varied between:

1) Yeah, and if my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle. 

2) I'm glad you told me that, I hadn't considered playing a bit better and I will definitely try that next time. 

3) If you were "a bit better" in bed, your wife wouldn't be fvcking the mailman. 

And so on. 

7 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Lol I don't like the guy but I wouldn't bitch directly at them about it on their social media. At least if he comes here that's on him lol

FWIW Keith has been known to search his name on twitter and block people who are even the slightest bit critical of him.  I know more than a few people via social media who have been blocked by Keith on twitter and never even tagged him.  He is indeed that petty and he sucks balls.

11 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The funny thing is I wore a red #28 Kevin Dean GW preseason jersey tonight (in my basement)...don't know why I chose to wear it, out of my others...I've had it for several years and this is the FIRST time I've thrown it on.  Almost feel like I might have to wear it on Thursday now (though I'd rather wear something else...like my red #21 GW Palms).

About friggin time you wore that hahaha.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

FWIW Keith has been known to search his name on twitter and block people who are even the slightest bit critical of him.  I know more than a few people via social media who have been blocked by Keith on twitter and never even tagged him.  He is indeed that petty and he sucks balls.

Definitely petty and somewhat dumb. Up until that tweet I thought he was just a happy go lucky guy. He must be frustrated right now though.

13 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Definitely petty and somewhat dumb. Up until that tweet I thought he was just a happy go lucky guy. He must be frustrated right now though.

It is very petty.  Hell a guy took a screenshot of him getting blocked by KK during the 2nd intermission of last night's game after he said KK sucks without even tagging him.  He has been doing this since at least last year.

• Confused 1

It is very petty.  Hell a guy took a screenshot of him getting blocked by KK during the 2nd intermission of last night's game after he said KK sucks without even tagging him.  He has been doing this since at least last year.

Wait a minute... He blocked a random guy on Twitter DURING the second intermission?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

The guy's a human being going through a tough time (where despite other factors he's the one taking a lot of the blame for the Devils' struggles...not saying that he hasn't been a key figure in that) and I'm sure he's not oblivious to the fact that he's largely been pretty bad...sometimes people can snap a little when things are going badly for them, and in KK's case, that about sums up this whole season for him.  And it's not like what he said was THAT bad.  This is really the first time he's going through something like this...in the previous three seasons, he was a decent, kind of nondescript backup on teams that weren't really going anywhere.  Now he's being asked to do more that he ever should have on a team that's actually very much in the playoff hunt, and he's as aware as anyone that he hasn't risen to the challenge.  His head is probably spinning a little bit. 

I'm not some huge KK supporter (especially KK, #1 goalie by default), but I feel for KK the person, because it's getting to the point that fans are looking for any reason to find keep piling on, for every last little thing, even when he actually had some rare not-bad moments. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The guy's a human being going through a tough time (where despite other factors he's the one taking a lot of the blame for the Devils' struggles...not saying that he hasn't been a key figure in that) and I'm sure he's not oblivious to the fact that he's largely been pretty bad...sometimes people can snap a little when things are going badly for them, and in KK's case, that about sums up this whole season for him.  And it's not like what he said was THAT bad.  This is really the first time he's going through something like this...in the previous three seasons, he was a decent, kind of nondescript backup on teams that weren't really going anywhere.  Now he's being asked to do more that he ever should have on a team that's actually very much in the playoff hunt, and he's as aware as anyone that he hasn't risen to the challenge.  His head is probably spinning a little bit. 

I'm not some huge KK supporter (especially KK, #1 goalie by default), but I feel for KK the person, because it's getting to the point that fans are looking for any reason to find keep piling on, for every last little thing, even when he actually had some rare not-bad moments. 

Which is why I point out that he must be frustrated. It's hard to watch a guy know his NHL days are numbered and be powerless to stop it. However, it sounds, according to DM84 (and Tri earlier), that this behavior isn't constrained to his current streak of bad play. And blocking someone during a game you're playing in, if true....that's just weird...almost obsessive. 

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 1

Just now, Neb00rs said:

Which is why I point out that he must be frustrated. However, it sounds, according to DM84 (and Tri earlier), that this behavior isn't constrained to his current streak of bad play. And blocking someone during a game you're playing in, if true....that's just weird...almost obsessive. 

The bolded I can't really argue against...that's a bit bizarre, no matter what the circumstances.  Almost reminds me of the time Bobby Bonilla of the Mets actually put a call into the official scorers DURING A GAME because he was upset about an error that had been charged to him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This season has been an absolute roller coaster ride, not only from game to game, but period to period.  Still way to many give a ways in our own zone, and  we need to start converting some of the glorious opportunities that we continue to miss.

Also Devils need to get someone who will protect our stars, I always thought Wood would be the guy, but lately it just seems teams think they can bully us.  I know the Gudas hit was clean, but both Dano & Sal said that would have been dealt with differently if they were on the ice...