Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

GDT: Devils @ Philthadelphia Phailures 7:00 PM

This season has been an absolute roller coaster ride, not only from game to game, but period to period.  Still way to many give a ways in our own zone, and  we need to start converting some of the glorious opportunities that we continue to miss.

Also Devils need to get someone who will protect our stars, I always thought Wood would be the guy, but lately it just seems teams think they can bully us.  I know the Gudas hit was clean, but both Dano & Sal said that would have been dealt with differently if they were on the ice...

Yup lol.

That's pretty sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

All this talk has made me appreciate Taylor Hall even more. His social media is on point. He doesn't often Tweet, but when he does, it's funny as hell, to support his teammates, or to hit on Selena Gomez.

Taylorinteresting.jpg.8dc2541216801a6203ed285b1b6849d6.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Doing that sh!t during a game is definitely not cool. But he came out and played well in the 3rd, OT, the SO, so maybe it gave him some extra motivation lol

Nah I'm sure plenty of others have told him he sucks during almost every game he's played and it didn't help a damn thing. More like the whole blind squirrel finds a nut thing last night. 

Question............has the league ever (or have they ever), fined or suspended (doubtful a suspension) a player who pulls that crap that Gostisbehere pulled, faking a hit to the face?

13 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Well, if I was talking to him face to face, I'd probably tell him he did a great job. I say with no sarcasm that I hope he doesn't read this board, let alone my posts.

I see Newjerseydevils /Prudential center IP addresses in the logs all the time. I am pretty sure the organization does read the forums.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

I see Newjerseydevils /Prudential center IP addresses in the logs all the time. I am pretty sure the organization does read the forums.

Then my posts are the last thing I'm worried about. :lol:. Some of ya'll are brutal.

Taylor Hall is a beast who in my mind should be wearing the C. He gives 110% every night!!!!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Question............has the league ever (or have they ever), fined or suspended (doubtful a suspension) a player who pulls that crap that Gostisbehere pulled, faking a hit to the face?

There is an embellishment fine now. Don't see it that often. Would rather someone took at that dirty slash on wood. I don't blame players for trying to sell a penalty that much. As long as they aren't acting like soccer stars, anyway. 

56 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

I seem to remember Blandisi getting fined a few times for diving during his "breakout" (see: flash in the pan) season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

There is an embellishment fine now. Don't see it that often. Would rather someone took at that dirty slash on wood. I don't blame players for trying to sell a penalty that much. As long as they aren't acting like soccer stars, anyway. 

im still embarrassed by Bernier in the cup finals and Blandisi last year. Diving is the one thing i absolutely cannot stand

• Like 1

The worst thing you can do as an athlete is read social media, now multiply that by 10 for a struggling goalie f,ing up his huge chance...  Hynes needs to ban that phone.. 

We really needed that goal by nico..kid can now take a big breath and relax ...

Now batten down the hatches, boys, it's a big hurricane season coming these next few weeks. 

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

im still embarrassed by Bernier in the cup finals and Blandisi last year. Diving is the one thing i absolutely cannot stand

I'm with you but I think there is a line. Players are going to try and sell penalties, it's just part of the game. If a team decided to take the high road they'd put themselves at a disadvantage for sure. 

Also, I just feel the need to say technology is F-ing amazing. I'm able to chat hockey with you guys from 30,000ft and it's freaking cool as hell.