GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

MadDog2020

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

If Taylor Hall wins the Conn Smythe, we'll be having a whole different conversation. emoji14.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

the best argument would be that the Conn Smyth is for the best player of the playoffs and its not the playoffs yet...

i feel this is a pretty solid argument but i'm willing to be challenged

Doh, obviously meant the Hart, but if Hallsy wanted to go out and with the Conn Smythe too I wouldn’t object :P

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I guess since they changed the jerseys we all of a sudden give a sh!t about "franchise records"? Barely anyone gives a sh!t about KC or Colorado. 

Also your twitter links are working now so good job! You'll get my vote for most improved poster! Lol

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I think Kuch is the front runner for Hart right now. Mac has a pretty good chance too, as does Hall. 

If the Devils make the playoffs I’d bet my life savings (about three fiddy) on Hall finishing top-3. 

eventhough i know common sense doesnt apply to those awards... Tampa could survive losing Kuch with all the talent they have, Stamkos is 5th in points in the league, i mean. NJ can't lose Hall.

• Like 2

I guess since they changed the jerseys we all of a sudden give a sh!t about "franchise records"? Barely anyone gives a sh!t about KC or Colorado. 
Also your twitter links are working now so good job! You'll get my vote for most improved poster! Lol

Yes embedding is easier than I thought lol. [emoji14][emoji482]

• Haha 1

I was at the game tonight; my girlfriend (originally from north Jersey and a Devils fan when she was a teenager and babysat for Bob Suave, though she hadn't followed hockey for many years) and I took a 2-day trip to Raleigh from the DC area.  Good turnout by Devils fans at PNC Arena, good goaltending by Keith Kinkaid, and a very good win considering the Devils played and won less than 24 hours earlier in St. Petersburg.  I'm pleased.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steven M. said:

God I fvcking love Taylor Hall.

This kid is my favorite Devil IN YEARS...we've had no one like him...we've had no one who just takes over the game, we've had no one who just puts the team on his back and wins the game single handedly...he is that guy. We have him.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

This kid is my favorite Devil IN YEARS...we've had no one like him...we've had no one who just takes over the game, we've had no one who just puts the team on his back and wins the game single handedly...he is that guy. We have him.

I feel like Kovy could take that role. I remember him taking over games and being a beats. But not at the level Hall is doing it. He's out of this world.

3 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

Well i wouldnt say we've never had no one like him... he's on pace for 88pts which is obviously amazing. But Parise had a 94 and 82 pts season back to back. And Kovy had an 83 pts season. And we felt back then that they were truly carrying the team

16 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well i wouldnt say we've never had no one like him... he's on pace for 88pts which is obviously amazing. But Parise had a 94 and 82 pts season back to back. And Kovy had an 83 pts season. And we felt back then that they were truly carrying the team

Parise and Kovy both had a lot more help. Hall is doing this with a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players. And a without his starting goalie. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Parise and Kovy both had a lot more help. Hall is doing this with a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players. And a without his starting goalie. 

Well again to be fair Kovy's biggest year he was centered by Henrique in his rookie season for a good chunk

I mean, they were ALL incredible really. It's not really a competition, we should just be happy that we got those guys scoring for us at some point

Edited by SterioDesign

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

And again, he had more help. Elias had 78 points and Parise had 69. 

Every time i look at the player stats on the NHL its so glaringly obvious that Hall is just getting it done mostly on his own. Every other team in a playoff spot has a scoring 1-2 ( or in a few teams cases 1-2-3) who are matching their production.  The Devil's have a 20 point gap!

The only other team with a similar gap is the Jets with Wheeler, but Laine isn't that far off. 

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Every time i look at the player stats on the NHL its so glaringly obvious that Hall is just getting it done mostly on his own. Every other team in a playoff spot has a scoring 1-2 ( or in a few teams cases 1-2-3) who are matching their production.  The Devil's have a 20 point gap!

The only other team with a similar gap is the Jets with Wheeler, but Laine isn't that far off. 

And the Jets have Connor Hellebuyck who is 31-8 and has a .923% 

If there’s a case for a player being more important to his team than Hall I’d like to hear it. 

• Like 4