Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

13 minutes ago, NewarkDevil5 said:

He's someone I wanted us to draft rather than Larsson. Although, if we had done so we wouldn't have Hall today, so.......

Philly fixed their defence via the draft.. it took about 4 to 5 years though.. and some luck

19 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this kid develops a scoring touch, we hit pay dirt with him... I was concerned he wasn't going to be a scorer...but he's beating goalies now with a wrist shot.. what a top line we have

• Like 2

Look at you embedding links and sh!t!

Hell yeah baby, sky's the limit now!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, EdgeControl said:

Philly fixed their defence via the draft.. it took about 4 to 5 years though.. and some luck

That would be a valid point to make if we didn't go on to trade said defenseman for a forward. 

21 minutes ago, NewarkDevil5 said:

That would be a valid point to make if we didn't go on to trade said defenseman for a forward. 

Larsson is an OK nhl defenseman, but not much more...  it's going to take awhile to fix our top pairing via the draft..

How the fvck is this possible?

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

How the fvck is this possible?

Conspiracy, obviously.

• Like 1

Pretty shocked that Kovalchuk didn't win it a single time during his tenure here. Didn't he have an 8-point week in 2012? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Its also hard to compare cause Hall is a completely different player than guys like Elias, Kovy and Parise.

Just like i was with Parise though i'm a bit worried about the long term as Hall needs his speed and to be going 100% all the time in order to produce. And we were right about Zach as he's declining hard already

While Elias even slowed down was effective cause his hockey IQ was so high. And kovy could score from anywhereone in the o-zone with his shot, he wouldn't even have to be moving. He could score half his goals on the PP standing on the left side, just like Stamkos. Kind of like Sykora in 2012. Slow as sh!t but still scored 21 goals cause his shot was deadly.

Hall can still be quick in the long run. I feel Parise was way more gritty than Hall, and went to the dirty areas more. He was also less skilled. Most of Zach's goals were gritty and hard fought goals, Hall has that aspect but is more of a finesse player. Hall will last longer than Zach at a good level imo

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

If this kid develops a scoring touch, we hit pay dirt with him... I was concerned he wasn't going to be a scorer...but he's beating goalies now with a wrist shot.. what a top line we have

Really no reason to be concerned. He's still a teenager in his first year. 

• Like 1

Pretty shocked that Kovalchuk didn't win it a single time during his tenure here. Didn't he have an 8-point week in 2012? 

I figured Kovalchuk, Parise, or Patty HAD to have won one just by accident since January of 2010.

43 minutes ago, OldThingBack said:

I love Nico, but he wasn't even the best player on his line last week.

I love Taylor, but Nico absolutely and unquestionably had a more productive week. 

Nico Hischier's (4G 3A--7P) last week:

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Hell yeah baby, sky's the limit now! emoji14.png

I can finally read your posts at work! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Really no reason to be concerned. He's still a teenager in his first year. 

I was concerned pre-draft

Didn't see this posted anywhere - it's a 12 minute interview with Hynes.  He talks about the rebuild, Hall (MVP!), Zacha and a bunch of other things but at the end he's asked about Schneids & he says he started skating again today :D http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/hockey-central-at-noon/devils-coach-wants-taylor-halls-name-hart-conversation/

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Didn't see this posted anywhere - it's a 12 minute interview with Hynes.  He talks about the rebuild, Hall (MVP!), Zacha and a bunch of other things but at the end he's asked about Schneids & he says he started skating again today :D http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/hockey-central-at-noon/devils-coach-wants-taylor-halls-name-hart-conversation/

They interviewed patty after Hynes,  26 is the best, love that man, even though he was almost a ranger 

4 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

I know I've given this advice multiple times because you find good links, and this goes for the rest of the posters here - if you don't see it posted anywhere, start a thread.  There's got to be more people who would click on a Hynes interview thread than the game thread from last night.  The bottom threads on Page 1 of this forum haven't been posted in for weeks.  

EDIT:  Even though it says I am a 'Mod', I am not, this is just my opinion and does not reflect anything about DM's opinion.

Edited by Triumph

8 hours ago, Triumph said:

EDIT:  Even though it says I am a 'Mod', I am not, this is just my opinion and does not reflect anything about DM's opinion.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of Triumph and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency of the NJDevs Moderation Team. Examples of analysis performed within this reply are only examples. They should not be utilized in real-world analytic products as they are based only on very limited and dated open source information. Assumptions made within the analysis are not reflective of the position of any other forum member of NJDevs.