Wood suspended two games

John Wensink

Remind me how many times did Kreider do this before the league suspended him? 50?

This really didn't look like a suspendable offense to me. It was a careless play and he's gotta hold up there. First offense should be a fine and a warning. But he's a Devils so the book is going to be thrown at him.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, '7' said:

Remind me how many times did Kreider do this before the league suspended him? 50?

This really didn't look like a suspendable offense to me. It was a careless play and he's gotta hold up there. First offense should be a fine and a warning. But he's a Devils so the book is going to be thrown at him.

Come on bro.  This was totally suspendable.  He practically goes full boar onto a dude with the numbers showing.  He had plenty of time to let up, and he didn't.  It should have been a 5 minute penalty imo, but thankfully it wasn't seeing how his goal was the GWG.

Edited by Mike Brown

34 minutes ago, '7' said:

dude come on. let go of the whole conspiracy thing it's absolutely ridiculous and lame.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

dude come on. let go of the whole conspiracy thing it's absolutely ridiculous and lame.

Seconded. 

Wood deserved to be penalized, the guy didn’t have to leave the game, he has no priors, a fine would have sufficed. I guess Blake Pietila gets in for 2 games. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Seconded. 

Wood deserved to be penalized, the guy didn’t have to leave the game, he has no priors, a fine would have sufficed. I guess Blake Pietila gets in for 2 games. 

i'm just sick of the damn victimhood culture. 98% of the time it's analyzed and looked at with the biggest blinders ever wore. It doesnt requirer watching that many other teams play to see that it's happening to everyone.

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i'm just sick of the damn victimhood culture. 98% of the time it's analyzed and looked at with the biggest blinders ever wore. It doesnt requirer watching that many other teams play to see that it's happening to everyone.

And it gets even worse if we lose a couple games. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

NICOOOO!! LAZER!!

Whoops wrong thread. emoji23.png

:lol: This is amazing.

But on topic, yeah, I think 2 games is fair.  5 minute penalty when it happened, and maybe a fine as well, would have seemed fair too, but either way is justifiable.  Really hope this doesn't deter Wood from keeping the edge to his game.  I could see him turning into a different player and starting to second guess himself more now.  He's still young and impressionable.  Let's hope he just learns from this and still stays an effective and gritty player. 

47 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Tbh, I thought he should've been assessed a 5 minute major.

He lept into a guy's numbers and forced him head-first into the boards.

I'll take the 2 games, and the fact that he scored the GWG (I believe?), and smile.

Agree with the 5 minute major. Agree with the suspension only in the current pussified version of hockey. 

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Agree with the 5 minute major. Agree with the suspension only in the current pussified version of hockey. 

At the game Saturday, while standing in line waiting to go through the security checkpoint to enter the building, a guy next to me had a red hat with white letters on it, a la Trump style, that said: "Make hockey violent again".  It was awesome.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

At the game Saturday, while standing in line waiting to go through the security checkpoint to enter the building, a guy next to me had a red hat with white letters on it, a la Trump style, that said: "Make hockey violent again".  It was awesome.  

That's this company... 

https://violentgentlemen.com

https://violentgentlemen.com/products/make-hockey-snapback

Edited by Satans Hockey

12 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Interesting.  Had no idea.  Don't really get the concept, and I think it's actually less funny if it's truly just a company that's all about the violent aspect of the game.  Oh well. 

13 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I like it, but there’s a definite difference between physicality and violence. Both have been removed from the game, to its detriment. 

Well yeah.  Before I knew it was an actual company, I took at as mostly in jest - a play on words (the Trump slogan), and a guy who wants the physical nature back in hockey.  Not necessarily "violence" in the literal sense.

56 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Interesting.  Had no idea.  Don't really get the concept, and I think it's actually less funny if it's truly just a company that's all about the violent aspect of the game.  Oh well. 

Kind of funny that the head of DoPS has a hand in a business called Violent Gentlemen

17 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I agree with the first part, but I'm alright with a suspension for anyone that leaves their feet on a hit. It's bad practice to allow players to think they can get away with it because sometimes the other player doesn't get hurt.

I never understood why the other player returning to a game or not has any factor in a suspension anyway. It implies that the hit was less illegal because the opposing player did not get hurt or was tough enough to return to the game. If something is suspendable, it should be suspendable whether the other player toughs it out or not. If the other player's injury status mattered, we still shouldn't have seen Marchand play a game since Mojo went out.

If Mojo got hurt on a hockey play or even a just a bad hit it wouldn't be so bad. Brad Marchand INTENTIONALLY tried to hurt him and did. His hockey career probably isn't over, thank goodness, but no one knows if this will have a lasting affect on or off the ice for the rest of his career/life all on an INTENTIONAL attempt to injure. 5 games was not enough. Players that try to hurt other players like Marchand and Matt Cooke should be removed by the league for safety reasons. Marchand obviously doesn't care about the suspensions and hasn't learned a damn thing. He's going to have to end someones career like Cooke did to get the league to do anything about him. I don't think things should be allowed to get to that level before some action is taken. I don't care how good he is.