GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

5 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

I never give up on my team, but please don't tell me it looked like they had their legs to make it at least more intense. I commented on what I saw from the start of the game. UNFORTUNATELY. 

Everyone is guilty of knee-jerk reactions. It happens in frustration. Everyone gets that. Being told to fvck off isn't very a tactful response, especially when the individual telling you to fvck off is guilty of the same thing at times.

1 minute ago, Steven M. said:

Some of these posts are ridiculous. The Devils least positive playoff predictions had us at like 77% prior to tonight but somehow losing to a team 7 points behind us is the end of the world and the Flyers, who were already ahead of us winning means we're going golfing. K.

It's the same sh!t as a few weeks ago. The isles beating the dumpster fire wings in sh!t show fashion meant our season was over. It's one fvcking game in which they outplayed the opponent for 40 mins and our sh!thead backup gave up a softie. Whatever.

I'm sure no one is counting us out of playoffs. I'm also sure most of us, myself included, are pissed off. We are fans and that's what we do when our team loses. 

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Everyone is guilty of knee-jerk reactions. It happens in frustration. Everyone gets that. Being told to fvck off isn't very a tactful response, especially when the individual telling you to fvck off is guilty of the same thing at times.

Fair enough man. You got it right. 

• Like 1

RECAP

• Strong game but Bobrovsky was too good.
  • Face-offs are killing this team.
    • It's not just the centermen, but the team is not strong enough on the puck to take control of the puck off the draw.
    • Tampa can overcome their face-off deficiencies because of how fast, skilled, and strong they are.
      • Despite that, they still walk a fine line, and it's definitely something they need to improve on as well, because you never know when it's gonna really burn you.
    • This team is just too soft on the puck to where we can afford to lose face-offs
  • SHOOT THE fvckING PUCK, ESPECIALLY ON THE POWER PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • If all their defense is giving you is the perimeter, then you take it and fire away from the perimeter.
    • Don't just hold onto the puck waiting for something to open up.
    • Just setup one time blasts from the perimeter if you have to, and the middle will open up more and it causes chaos for the defenders.
    • You don't need Stamkos or Faulk to make shooting the puck from every where to be an effective power play strategy.
    • Plus most goalies don't really expect those shots, and maybe you can catch them sleeping.
    • CONSTANTLY TRYING TO FORCE PUCKS TO THE SLOT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
    • FORCING THE DEFENDERS TO BLOCK SHOTS IS ACTUALLY DOES ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING!
      • EVEN IF THERE IS NO SHOOTING LANE, IT'S STILL A GOOD THING TO SHOOT BECAUSE IT FORCES THE DEFENDERS OUT OF POSITION IN ORDER TO BLOCK THE SHOT
    • The fact Hynes tries to say shots can be deceiving really aggravates me, and shows how out of touch he is sometimes.

GOALIE RECAP

• Goal 1: Nothing Kinkaid could do except maybe stop the initial shot that went off the post.
  • Goal 2: Bad goal that Kinkaid needs to stop, unless it was deflected.

POSSESSION

• ES CF: 49 to 33
  • ES FF: 39 to 23
  • ES SF: 29 to 15
  • ES SCF: 27 to 14
  • ES HDCF: 11 to 7
  • All CF: 54 to 39
  • All FF: 43 to 29
  • All SF: 31 to 19
  • All SCF: 27 to 18
  • All HDCF: 11 to 11

SCORE AND VENUE ADJUSTED POSSESSION 5 on 5

• CF: 42.79 to 33.79
  • FF: 33.85 to 24.93
  • SF: 24.7 to 16.19
  • SCF: 23.34 to 13.2
  • HDCF: 9.69 to 7.79

34 minutes ago, hit the post said:

We're snake bitten against this damn team

We kicked their AZZ in the first game in Columbus, but the team was flying and everything was going right. Jackets didn't get much better since then but we are out of synch. Our season is a roller coaster which is understandable, but some players really need to improve their game ASAP. Right now it's literally 3-4 players who are consistent and productive. Others...you never know what the'll bring.

22 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

I'm sure no one is counting us out of playoffs. I'm also sure most of us, myself included, are pissed off. We are fans and that's what we do when our team loses. 

Everyone is entitled to react how they want and if they are posting it to a public forum then they are also going to be subject to the opinions of others

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yeah I can’t think of any particularly tough saves he had to make. 

That one problem. The other is they have trouble dealing with bouncing pucks and rebounds in front of both nets. Sometimes it looks like they are not even trying to anticipate them. We call it bad luck but I think it's the skill too. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I’ve liked the way Shero has drafted, but if he is going to have this much hubris to not deal a couple of picks for Mrazek, he needs to be replaced. As sundstrom said the other day, it is unacceptable to let this season die on the vine. 

Kinkaid is blowing the season. It’s more than just the goals against. It’s shots that he’s flat out guessing on and retreating into the net. No confidence. Goalies are like kickers, if the confidence is shot you can’t keep throwing him out there. 

In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.”- TR

Save the season, Ray. Do SOMETHING

Edited by Devils Pride 26

5 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

Everyone is entitled to react how they want and if they are posting it to a public forum then they are also going to be subject to the opinions of others

No doubt. I appreciate responses and I know how public forums work. There's a difference though between posting an emotional statement and getting personal.  

4 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

I’ve liked the way Shero has drafted, but if he is going to have this much hubris to not deal a couple of picks for Mrazek, he needs to be replaced. As sundstrom said the other day, it is unacceptable to let this season die on the vine. 

Kinkaid is blowing the season. It’s more than just the goals against. It’s shots that he’s flat out guessing on and retreating into the net. No confidence. Goalies are like kickers, if the confidence is shot you can’t keep throwing him out there. 

In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.”- TR

Schneider has skated the last 2 days and with no setbacks he should return by next week.  The idea that Shero needs to be replaced because he won't go get a 4th goalie is ludicrous.  How happy would Mrazek be to sit on the bench here for all but back-to-backs?  That's what Kinkaid is going to be doing when Schneider returns.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just don't understand why Kinkaid has that long ass leash...

IMO Appleby outplayed him. Yet they always went back to Kinkaid... Now Lack had that amazing game. Then went to Kinkaid back but we knew it cause it was a back to back... but i simply don't see why we went with KK today when Lack deserved that start.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

We were down 2-1 with 8 minutes to go and you said “well, here comes a 3 game losing streak”.

”shut the fvck up” is about as nice as I can possibly muster in response to that comment. 

Your 12,682 posts give me some hope you could do better.

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I just don't understand why Kinkaid has that long ass leash...

IMO Appleby outplayed him. Yet they always went back to Kinkaid... Now Lack had that amazing game. Then went to Kinkaid back but we knew it cause it was a back to back... but i simply don't see why we went with KK today when Lack deserved that start.

Appelby just had a good run in the AHL over the weekend but he still has a terrible save percentage there.  I think we might see Lack on Thursday, that would give Kinkaid 3 days of no games before facing the Islanders on Saturday.

Edited by Triumph

10 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Just now, Triumph said:

Appelby just had a good run in the AHL but he still has a terrible save percentage there.  I think we might see Lack on Thursday, that would give Kinkaid 3 days of no games before facing the Islanders on Saturday.

yeah obviously i know but my post is mostly pointing out that... even if another goalie would match or even outplay KK on any given games... it would go back to KK the next game 100%. no matter what.

I mean i can usually make sense out of these but i just don't see why Lack didn't get this one.